FIT-JEE, Narayana, blah blah!!! WHICH ONE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
NCERT Physics sucks big time. Its so bad, my friend says my notes on electron drift velocity and magnetic behaviour of particles in bad handwriting (but good structure) taught him the whole topic in 10 min while the textbook he struggled with for 1 hour without fruit.

For physics, look no further than Halleday/Resenick/Walker Fundamentals of Physics. Its an awesome book. Its totally beautiful and 1337, with awesome problems and everything in it is REALITY based. The 3rd example question in the book itself would instantly impress you for its simplicity and elegence and from then you will get hooked on to the book immidiately.

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
^^
Which city? Can you give your notes after all your enterance exams? Haven't touched physics in 2 years. Never got physics till 10th and on seeing 11th grade stuff, never touched it. stupid me! exams on may 4th. have to complete 2 year course in umm 20 days. I study in pune. Can anyone help? I am anti-tutions, thankyou.

RD Sharma is awesome.

HC Verma is the best IIT Professor according to many ppl. His book has great problems and explains everything wonderfully. Its as good as halleday/resenick/walker, but I love the ample amount of cheap humour present in the later so I don't read from HC Verma when I am tensed up.

expertno.1

Technomancer
H.C verma isn't for self study , you wont get enough from it . Its only for those who want good numericals in small place . And according to me its not a good book . I have studied h.c verma and D.C pandey both . Seriously pandey's book is step ahead .

Pandeys book help you learn every concept in short span of time with level wise numericals .

About resnick , seriously it takes time to study it than pandey . Pandeys book gives you everything , nothing more nothing less in less time and its conceptual section for every chapter is a god send . And i dont believe you guys like R.D sharma , it lacks good numericals . Better get K.c sinha or M.L khanna . Btw amit agarwals maths is great and ofcourse dont forget S.l loney . I call it "salony" :grin:

RD Sharma is not for IIT-JEE. Its awesome for AIEEE and CBSE and perhaps VITEEE. RD Sharma and RS Agrawal are best for classes 9,10,11,12 mathematics. Me and my friends usually buy them as compliments. My friend got Agrawal and I got Sharma, and we study our respective books. Then solve problems, and exchange books to solve problems from the other book.

gigyaster

Journeyman
^^ That's why I prefer RD Sharma now, didn't I tell you before that am on for AIEEE only and not IIT....I hope you remember now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom