[Feedback] ThinkDigit.com Web site

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitesh_hg

Journeyman
What is this user-groups... i mean i am in waiting for membership of these for a number of days...is it not for me (us)?

Hitesh

bluediamond

Broken In
the links shown in first page still covers the older stories.. as i m now not subscribing to digit.. i wud like some overview of wat u cud find in book. just as u send the email to me..

the reviews cud be given in site too as an overview.. the top performers etc..

also a help desk cud be started in forum itself.. instead of mailing to help@jasubhai.com this makes easier for u and me to get the answers.

geek_rohit

In the zone
Hey the website wasn't updated for the January issue till the 5th January. Then it got updated, just the pic of the new issue. Then the next day still the same old stories. Nothing changed apart from the cover of Jan issue. Click on the cover to get some more info about the new issue and it shows the last issue's cover. Then the next day, that is yesterday this issue was fixed. After clicking at the Jan issue pic on the homepage you got the Jan issue's info. But still rest of the homepage is still the same. Please update the website at least by the 1st of every month so that we can see how's the new issue of our favorite mag!

geek_god

Broken In
well, the content on ur site honestly...sucks, you should definetly definetly put more tech stuff there,
put in the latest previews as they happen! being a mag im sure digit has its print deadlines etc, but technology has no such thing, so you can basically put the latest releases from around the world on your website, will need constant updating sure but hey ur a tech mag!

obviously the color scheme and font!
and please NO FLASH!! and if you DO use flash, make sure u incorporate a right click >open in new window kinda thing otherwise it gets irritating as hell!

daily updated hardware price list would be simply AWESOME!

what would also be cool is if you could put ur back issues online and let readers access the articles with a simple search

make ur prime focus content and ease of navigation and ppl wont crib too much about a slick design or the lack of it!!! but hey if ur re designing it, might as well go all out and make i snazzy!

another thing u shud add is let readers put in their own articles and make the site interactive! would b quite a job for scanning the articles to avoid an avnish baja like incident for Mr Jasubhai!

perk_bud

Journeyman
This part of the forum i.e the digit section looks cluttered why dont u delete
all the previous month's feedbacks instead of locking them- it will look neat and more ppl will feel like giving suggestions.
8)

theraven

Technomancer
report button
quick reply
stricter implementation of avatar and siggie rules or removal of html/bbcode from siggies as suggested earlier by u
( sorry techno, jeba etc :D )

suggestions : make the monthly "tips and tricks" contributions as stickys in respective sections
for eg. the jan 05 tips and tricks contributions
more mods

encourage casemodding/reviews/guides by dedicated sections
there have been request for separate sections before so i wont stress this too much

[EDIT] plz do somethign abt the digitise spammer/spambot ranks as grudge suggested ..
its creating a rucus in the forums ...
ppl misunderstand and begin to flame !

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
* The report button
* more mods
* more sections and expand the forums
* sections like reviews, tutorials, mobiles, chit-chat or entertainment or off-beat topics
* siggies need to be smaller in size and hence a new rule, like the ones in avatar.
* quick reply
* remove the ranks as spammer/bots and make us choose our ranks or let the mods do them
* a dean like member who oversees the activity and conduct of the members here.

sudhir_mangla

Broken In
worst site i has seen

digit is one of the worst sitei has ever seen in online bussiness.

Site is never updated . links are dead.
I don't think digit has any staff to manage this site .

Digit instead on posting the contents of dvd on this forun they should try to post them o site .

idon't think more than 5% users will ever visit a discussion forum.
please hire some staff to mantain the site

drgrudge

Raaabo and digitadmin, good to see the quick reply back!!!

This post was composed in quick reply only..

sudhir_mangla

Broken In
i think digit team don't even look at this forum .

Quailty of Digit Web site tell all the story.

this discussion forum use phpbb.

which is a fully automated and maintenance free discusion forum .

so digit team don't has to do any thing.

and even in this they are using it with all default options.

and site they don't touch.

really poor digit web team.

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
You haven`t updated the vote poll since 2 months.You update the issyes details (mag cover & cd contents)very late.

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
Ok its really weird . either someone doesnt like me visiting this site ;) , or there is a seriously problem on the site , making it inaccessible to most users . I thought this was koz of the high traffic at night , But not even during the day time . i think there are a few threads running around on this topic too . Personnally i feel the forum is the best part of digit , so i hope someone is able ti fix it quick

hitesh_hg

Journeyman
there seems to be some serious problem with the digit site... the site is going out too quickly...i.e. there is no response as if the server has been shut down...what is going on..

Hitesh Gupta

goobimama

 Macboy
The forum rocks, but the site sucks. Big time. Please please please update some of the content. And delete all those old articles that you have got stacked out there...Its a shame.

Also, give it a better colour and a new look.

--------------
*www.rollaword.com/firefoxsig.jpg
Rollaword.com

drgrudge

Yes, the site sucks and dont open at times. Plz see about this issue. And add more sections (again and again members tell this)

See about the site issue, it's serious, it doesnt opens at night or early morning.

DKant

In the zone
Methinx there's gonna be an update soon. The site looks too dead and too forgotten..kinda like a castle haunted by the ghosts of several dial-up connexions! :D I hope this is the lull b4 the storm. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom