[Feedback] ThinkDigit.com Web site

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashok

Broken In
Back After Education Abroad

First of all let me wish everyone here a Good Day.

Let me introduce myself.My Name is Ashok.I am 24 years old and am a native of Hyderabad.I was an avid reader of CHIP,which was what the magazine was called when i used to read it.I left for Higher studies to New Zealand four years ago.When i was in India,your Magazine was called CHIP if i am not Wrong.The Editor was Gourav and i tremendously liked his witty editorial.It was a mainly a Computing magazine which gave a free cd everymonth,for which there were violent struggles between me n my brother.Even though we did'nt own a pc then,the struggle was to who'll run that CD at a neighbor's pc and play the Latest Game they gave.There were wallpapers n skins galore.

I also remember the team behind Chip.Gourav,Ai Chin Liu,Gulnar,Mohan,Veer........... Some of them are still there with you i suppose......... Mahesh,Marco,Sumod,Ashwin,Mexy,Jiten...............
The head of Multimedia was .............Sridhar...or was it Venkat.....Curiously,I don't recall his name now. Sumod's articles were very good and so was the Testing part.Marco and Hatim were the testers if i remember right.And there was also Aliasgar i suppose.Though i did'nt get to read your magazine in NZ i was kept updated by my Bro'.Gaurav's departure was a rude shocker.You guys also had a Gaming mag Rt??? I remember reading in one issue when the Office was moved to Nerul,Navi Mumbai and Gourav commented on occupying the Gaming Rig of the CGW's Editor(Sorry,Can't remember his name too)

Now I have find that you have moved with the times and have progressed from a 'Computing' magazine to a "Technology" Magazine. Applause to you for that.Technology today is a far more broader concept which is not just restricted to Computing.And by including a DVD you guys have proved that you are the Best.I remeember My Bro' squealing with delight over the phone when he got 5 cd's with one of your your (Anniversary???) issues.My,How fast have the times Changed!!!!
Here i must admit that my bro' is a far more tech-savvy than I am.He currently buys not less than 4 Magazines every month and spends atleast an hour on the net rummaging thru tech sites.It is with his initiative that i have joined this forums.Acc to him,forums are for those 'Nerds' who have nothing to do more than post n read messages.So he is an avid Forum-Hater i can say.

I happened to notice that CHIP has been relauched.It is now controlled by other people i suppose.Nevertheless it means Double-Bonanza for the Readers atleast!!!!
Now for some Suggestions: Please reduce the Packaging Size of the Magazine.The humongous Cardboard is totally unnecessary.If you want the CD's to stay protected,keep it within the Mag.DVD has its own cover.This will make the mag easy to carry.

Till the next post...................Wishing a good Day to All......

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
kurious . why is this forum's look and functioning , so similar to the pcq forum . almost identical buttons and commands . is phpbb the best bb in the business or something ?

the number of posts viewed per page should be increased and a way to make the newer posts seen first made permanent . i have to manually choose new first from drop down . is there a way to make this change permanent i my profile

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
yes phpbb is cool but what u se here is a prpular phpb theme called as SilverSub ;)

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

ashok

Broken In
Hey CoolJeba.I noticed you've changed ur Avatar??? Why??? The old one was good.I was gonna ask u how can i make a similar avatar for myself.But can't host it anywhere i suppose???

rakee

Journeyman
damn i am really sorry to see digit site so bad.the site has one of the best forum and lacks in everything else.no new articles,papers,reviews,upto date information..boo..hopeso 2005 jan will bring thinkdigit.com to a new life...y r u people still sleeping?

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
i am a member of digit forum only and btwn i have seen many other forum, this one is better laid out and i like it and with open source too, it is good...

wht about adding a section for only off topics alone???

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
Update your Website

The contents of the digit website are the same for the past one year.

i do not know when you will udate your website.

hitesh_hg

Journeyman
navneeth_snr said:
wow, digit oct cover already updated and that too on oct 1st! Goodwork atlast!

Since its already 3rd of nevember ...digit ppl should start working on the december site and leave the nov site as it is (that is if they have done anything about Nov site)...maybe Dec site will be on time....

Hitesh

ultima

Broken In
The site is not really good.
You should try to keep it simple and pleasing all the same.

Please try to make sure the site is updated every month 1st!!
Provide more information on what the current issue is dealing with (and also DVD) and also you can mention as to what Digit is working at for future issues (atleast next issue), just to keep it interesting.

Too many things has not changed at all!!
The entire content need to updated or improved quite regularly or else surfers loose interest :!: :idea:

Site should be more in depth. :D

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
thinkdigit designers , could u make a small icon which rests on top of pages u visit , next to name of the site , in the browser ? . i use opera and have tabbed browsing and have windows button . most of the other sites have an icon which i can easily click on in windows button . if this site had one it would be easy to browse too .

xpankaj

Right off the assembly line
Hi,
For a tech site, your site is really lousy. Nothing useful except the Bazaar forum. Others like PCQ and Chip have far better sites. Jasubhai Media's sites have always been of very poor quality.

You should have atleast:
a) Updated articles from the current isssue of the mag. (NOV cover not yet updated, articles have not been updated for what seems like a year). The there can be a free area and a paid area accessible to online subscribers or magazine subscribers. The only new thing in over a year has been online subscription.

b) The website gives no indication that DIGIT is supposed to be a digital electronics magazine instead of a PC magazine.

c) Better DVDs/CDs. We do not 4.7GB stuff. We need good quality stuff. 80% of the stuff on Cds is crap. 1 good game, 1 good software and updates like service packs, antivirus updates etc.

Pankaj

djmykey

Let the music play.....
lotsa things to say but hey the website shud be a medium thru which the ppl could get an insight of what to expect next but here its vice-versa we get the mag then we know what to expect on da website. This thing should change. Also employ some forum members they really do some gud work so u dont need to go and search frm them. U ppl publish much info abt online trading and getting work done time to implement it and set an exampls. What do u say ppl??

SouvikSinha

Broken In
In November, I see the same voting option for 'By Demand' section and the same 'Opinion Poll' that was posted perhaps on September! This website definitely needs upgradation and the pages should load very fast. Remember Google and Gmail.

ultima

Broken In
Still your web site is not updated!! very much surprising!! :? :eek:

May be Digit does have a dedicated content management afterall!!
cost saving measures ? :?:

ultima

Broken In
:( Still site not completely updated. The mindware/playware link shows old information and not what is contained in this month CD/DVD !?!
:p

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
is it possible to customise the number of headings of topics viewed per page for individuals . if u jus t go under qanda section u got to go through 20+ pages . could u make another view of the sub pages with just topic and other important stuff which might show like a 100 or so topics below .

could u make sub topics within the main topics like , OS , Installation , Troubleshooting , Tips , News under software and similar sub topics for others which would make it easy to post the proper questions / queries in the right topic . and a reminder for the digit icon on top of the pages , like i get a Y when i visit a yahoo page and easy to navigate in opera . A small d for digit would help .

add a search field in all the pages viewed instead of having to go to another page . u can have a seperate page search option for advanced options alone .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom