Fast Track 2.0?

Your thoughts about Fast Track

• It's perfect, leave it the way it is!

Votes: 30 15.2%
  • A little colour and better paper would go a long way.

Votes: 103 52.0%
  • Make it a Colour, Interactive PDF on the DVD.

Votes: 27 13.6%
  • Replace it with a comprehensive multimedia tutorial on the DVD.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • Just end it, I hate it.

Votes: 6 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Why give it as a seperate book? Why don't you just bind it up with the Digit Magazine? Wouldn't it be easy to handle for all?

A pdf version would indeed be nice.

I think it looks quite good as it is, but some more colour and better pages will do no harm obviously. We don't want another ebook, because those without PDF readers and laptops dont have the privilage of reading them in toilets, while eating in the dining table and in bed like real books.

Also, please start selling them with better pages, and I am sure there will be a good market for them if they are priced well. PDFs just don't seem right.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
While I voted for option 1, in case you abandon the paper version and move it to optical media, I guess a price cut would be due!

nvidia

-----ATi-----
Whats the point in paying 125 if digit will not give Fast track.
For those who want to read it its best if it stays the way its given now with a little colour.
If digit will FS in pdf then 100 bucks should be the new price of the mag.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Why not add it within the main magazine itself? Just create a new section for it in the end. It'll be convenient to have everything at one place instead of separating it.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
I selected,"It's perfect, leave it the way it is!".

Suggestions:
1) I think the focus should be on improving content, which is already quite good.
2) I would not like something flashy. Utility is important.
3) When you do a fast track with Photoshop as one of the tools, there's nothing to stop you from doing a fast track with The GIMP. What I am trying to say is just as you Fast Track such propriety tools, simultaneously do so for at least one FOSS equivalent.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
improve the paper quality and colors and stuff, but definitely don't stop the hard copy...the fun of reading a book can never be replaced

shashank4u

Youngling
2 option would be great only if you don't increase the price further...you people are already playing with big cash after the parent company sold to 9.9 media :)

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Well, option 2 would obviously be a LOT more expensive, and might either impact the quantity of content or the price of the package.

I'm not saying that we're changing anything, but we are interested in knowing your thoughts about this. We just need regular feedback from you guys to make sure about what we're getting right, and more importantly, if we're getting some things wrong.

Regardless of all of this, you can still be sure that you're getting the best bang for your buck with Digit.

Raaabo

nvidia

-----ATi-----
Raaabo you can add some ads to the fast track and make it colourful.
But dont add too many like in the main mag....
It would be better if it stayed the way it is or if a little bit of colour is there in it...

xbonez

NP : Crysis
i'd also like to add that content comes first...if it means we keep getting the crappy newspaper-like paper , then so be it...but don't compromise on content

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Raaabo you can add some ads to the fast track and make it colourful.
But dont add too many like in the main mag....
It would be better if it stayed the way it is or if a little bit of colour is there in it...

I'd prefer it in its current form WITHOUT ads.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Regardless of paper quality,pdf or anything.I think its time to replace this mini encyclopedia[fast track] with some "do it yourself" stuff or interesting tutorials on various content.

blackpearl

The Devil
Raaaboji, don't go by the poll results. Coloured pages would definitely look better but if it leads to increased price or decreased contents, then just forget it. I'm happy with the way it is.

Don't make it into a PDF. I hate reading from the monitor.

aneesh kalra

Mclaren F1 Long tail
imho don't add any color or make the paper quality better just add video tutorials about some topics covered in fast track every month in the dvd which now days you find increasingly difficult to brim and as a result we get lots of stuff we don't need, adopting the above would be a cost effective method that would do good to both sides,how economically unfeasible can shooting a video and adding it to the dvd be?

goobimama

 Macboy
Another suggestion: Maybe you guys could include the PDF of the magazine and Fast Track in the DVD, but of the previous month. So it doesn't cut into your sales, but archiving all those copies becomes a whole lot easier. The december issue had all the stuff in it I know, but something more on a regular basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom