Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Went to liberate an outpost. A sumatran tiger attacked the pirates and knocked over a barrel with something burning in it. The entire place went up in flames and the outpost was liberated without me doing anything at all XD
Thanks tiger. :D

bippukt

In the zone
Went to liberate an outpost. A sumatran tiger attacked the pirates and knocked over a barrel with something burning in it. The entire place went up in flames and the outpost was liberated without me doing anything at all XD
Thanks tiger. :D

Ek Tha Tiger! :p

tkin

Back to school!!
Any one of you guys updated to 1.04?? Are the save files loading okay?
I was about to, should I wait? Game is perfectly playable in 1.03, wanted to update for better performance(if there is any).

I was stung by a jellyfish today, its amazing how much detail the devs put in this game, every animal in game can be interacted with.

abhidev

Human Spambot
Damn...I finished the game :( and didn't even take a backup of the saves...chose to save my frnds...wanna try out the other options...can anyone give me the saves????

Cilus

laborare est orare
Guys, I am having a Problem with Far Cry 3. I am unable to save game by pressing F9 as it is showing message like "Game cannot be saved within a Mission" and only AutoSave is working. Is it normal or any patch or tweak is needed for it. I am currently using it with Patch 1.03.

tkin

Back to school!!
Guys, I am having a Problem with Far Cry 3. I am unable to save game by pressing F9 as it is showing message like "Game cannot be saved within a Mission" and only AutoSave is working. Is it normal or any patch or tweak is needed for it. I am currently using it with Patch 1.03.
Cannot save during missions, press escape and check the menu, if it says Abort/Restart mission in the menu then you are in a mission and cannot save. Only autosave works during missions.

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
Benched Far Cry 3 with CrossFireX setup -

*lh6.googleusercontent.com/-IKXmn-v5EZY/UN11Z8KhNkI/AAAAAAAAElE/5ngKr1Q2TjA/s400/Far%2520Cry3.jpg

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Okay the game is proving awesome so far.Played it head on for 7-8 hours for 2 days.
Just have a minor problem:-
with the 2nd vision jason gets after drinking the stuff citra gives him. How on earth does he see a vision about the guy in white? You can only hallucinate about things that you are familiar with or things about which you have formed a wild idea in your head. You cannot have a precise hallucination about someone that you need to see in order to move ahead,specially when you have not even heard or seen him.

My thoughts:-
That being said,the game is so much fun. And the gameplay is very smooth as well. Major props to the amount of detail in the game and implementing it in the gameplay. The sheer number of ways to approach a situation is overwhelming. And I am doing the main missions and the side quests simultaneously and my character has almost turned into a mini beast.
LMG+Sniper(Silencd)+Assault rifle(silenced)+Shotgun/flamethrower means I am pretty much equipped to handle anything. Hell even hunting bears and tigers are easy now. Just use that LMG and everyone is dead. :p however I am more of a stealth guy, so I mainly use my sniper rifle and assault rifle for human enemies and the LMG for heavy enemies and tough wild animals(tigers,bears etc).

One thing I really enjoyed is the fact how the main character changes.
At first,he kills and is hysteric that he killed someone. He is afraid of all the chaos around him. Later in the game, he burns crop fields,takes out entire waves of enemies with a flamethrower and is exhilarated. "woohoo this is so awesome!" ,"Those b@st***s never knew what hit them!". This kind of character development in a game. Kudos to that. Its really enjoyable.

I don't know how far I am from the end. I just received the compass and going to talk to buck for the 3rd time.
Story of the game is nothing special. Typical lore related with islands+pirates,kidnapping and friends thrown in. The game is what it said it would be. Fun.

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
Finished the main story, and did most things there is to on the first island.
It's a nice game, except for some parts I din't like
1) What's with this vision of the future part, I hated it. Didn't make any sense, instead it would have been better if some NPC tells Jason about Hoyt and Willis

2) Making the island inaccessible just because the game wants us to do it in a "cool" style put me off, I wanted to liberate more outposts prior to getting on with Hoyt's part of the story. We could have still helped willis get on the plane.

3) After we save our friends and betray citra, it didn't make sense that the rebels will still help me, I understand that their cause was bigger than their leader, but still

4) The boss fights(read 1v1 knife with Vaas and Hoyt) was ok, but the sad part was after we kill Hoyt how does everyone in the room dies? they had assault rifles and what not, did Jason get into schizophrenia and killed them all at once(weird) or did they just committed suicide because their boss died.

5) The side quests don't have the same kind of pull that the main quest has, I don't feel the urge to play the game after finishing off the main quest

6) Finally, the AI disappointed. I didn't die once in my entire playthrough except for when a tiger pounced on me. I was playing on Warrior difficulty

But the gameplay, hunting, and story made the game exciting.

Cilus

laborare est orare
People who are using Crossfire, here is the trick to fix Micro Shuttering. I have already tested it.

Download RadeonPro preview version. Here is the link: *www.radeonpro.info/en-US/Downloads/Preview.aspx

Now Create a Profile by selecting the EXE file of Far Cry 3, the normal one or the DX11 one, whichever you're using.
Now go to the Tweak tab, select Vsync Control as always on, Select the Triple Buffering Check-box and set the Refresh Rate as per your Monitor's refresh rate.
Check the Check-Box for Dynamic Frame Rate Control and provide a value as per your cards' strength. In my case it is around 55.
Now under the Crossfire Tweak Section, Select the Bioshock Profile for the Force CrossfireX profile dropdownlist.

Alternatively, if you don't want to use RadeonPro, you can just Turn on V-Sync and select the Bioshock Profile from the catalyst Control panel and create a Profile for Far Cry 3.

Will post the performance enhancement tricks without losing Visual quality once I'm finished with my testings.

Top Bottom