[FAQ] Android Customization: Tips and Tricks

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
How to get the GPRS on off button in the power control?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352363430044.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352363430044.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 117

amjath

Human Spambot
^ I use a simple app called data switch. place the widget on home screen then one click easy connection and disconnection

*play.google.com/store/apps/details...=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5kYXRhbGlua3N3aXRjaCJd

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
so i zeroed in on xperia U and hopefully it will reach me in a week, what i want to know is how to install custom rom?

i understood how to unlock the bootloader, but then ..... its too confusing. Will someone please provide me with some details like what ROMS i can use? wether there is a NAND-lock in xperia U, and also please explain to me if i will still have to pay for apps from google store/ how can i run downloaded apk files as is without rooting [is this possible]????

thanks.

kool

Cyborg Agent
Guys,
need urgent help. :( I was playing with TITANIUM BACKUP on my rooted Micromax A100 and by mistake i uninstalled something, and dont know what. Now my Contacts are gone, now its not showing any phone or sim contacts. Only showing synced contacts of gmail.com

I'm attaching screenshot of my phonebook settings. :( plz guys help me. how to get back phone and sim option to phonebook? My friend have same mobile A100.

*i.imgur.com/5nppu.png !!! *i.imgur.com/PmZHy.png

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
a very simple solution, take a backup from your friends phone. flash your phone with flashtool to original firmware and then again flash to custom rom.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
^ I use a simple app called data switch. place the widget on home screen then one click easy connection and disconnection

*play.google.com/store/apps/details...=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5kYXRhbGlua3N3aXRjaCJd

Thanks a lot! This is very usefull. Installing ASAP!

kool

Cyborg Agent
MMX A100.

Recently i installed ZEAM LAUNCHER which have simple & clean features and very light. Now my cell is pretty faster than previous launcher. :)

I ve one question, i've FREEZED stock keyboard, stock browser, stock launcher and replaced it with touchpal keybaord, dolphin browser, and zeam launcher with the help of TITANIUM BACKUP PRO. Will there be any problem in future?

pratyush997

Inactive
hi geeks !
My friend got samsung s5380i
He want to root it and install ics roms
tried gingerbreak-it crashes after few min!
Any other way to root it without pc?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Install Titanium Backup.
Refer the thread, *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobiles-tablets/151345-faq-android-customization-tips-tricks.html to get an idea about what apps are safe to remove.
But whatever app you remove, first take a backup through Titanium Backup only.

i have rooted my phone micromax A110 but i don't know how to remove pre installed trial and junk apps please help me

Its easy dude...
Install root explorer...
Go to /system/app
And remove .apk files which u don't need...
And b extremely carefull u shdnt delete files which u don't know what it does...
Else u vl brick ur phone...

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys I'm not sure if this question can be posted here since I had posted this on the other thread. Trying to flash my LG Optimus net. Sam did give me a link. But more suggestions will be welcome.

vetdrchandan

Broken In
please tell me how to root my xperia neo v. I upgraded it to ICS than downdraded it to 2.3.4 by visiting service centre. Its build no is 4.0.2.A.0.62

Top Bottom