chitvan

Journeyman
Hi All,
I have ROOTED Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830i,
i need a stable ROM for it,
need suggestions of ROMs for S5830i.

I got some link here
*droidviews.com/2012/best-custom-roms-for-samsung-galaxy-ace-s5830i-2/
but not sure if they are stable or not...
please guide me.

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Guys any best app which can be used as timer. For example I would want it to give an alarm after some time.

You mean countdown/stopwatch: *play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sportstracklive.stopwatch

Hi All,
I have ROOTED Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830i,
i need a stable ROM for it,
need suggestions of ROMs for S5830i.

I got some link here
*droidviews.com/2012/best-custom-roms-for-samsung-galaxy-ace-s5830i-2/
but not sure if they are stable or not...
please guide me.

No one can be sure of that with any ROM. Best is to try each of them for a specified duration. And come up with bugs if any in each of them.
Then decide which ROM suits you the best.

ajayritik

Technomancer
You mean countdown/stopwatch: *play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sportstracklive.stopwatch
But I have this already. It's something like for example I have kept water for heating and would want to be reminded to switch it off.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
But I have this already. It's something like for example I have kept water for heating and would want to be reminded to switch it off.

I don't know why you can't use Countdown for that.
Else you can use built-in alarm. Which you can get by taping clock widget.
Or, you can use Astrid task manager. Which lets you schedule tasks for any day, time or recurring events.

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Why in Samsung phones the kernal is flashed in recovery or along with rom
but in Sony phones the kernal is flashed with fastboot? Whats the difference. ?

nikufellow

In the zone
Why in Samsung phones the kernal is flashed in recovery or along with rom
but in Sony phones the kernal is flashed with fastboot? Whats the difference. ?

The firmware structure of Sammy roms is such that kernel contains recovery whereas in htc/sony's implementation recovery.img forms a separate partition independent of kernel

nikufellow

In the zone
Sony's kernal contains recovery right? As far as I know

AFAIK though the installations go hand in hand both might be on separate partitions. In Samsung fws the recovery binaries are baked into initramfs which is then tied to zimage and finally combined to form boot.img. Have no experience dealing with Sony roms.

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
AFAIK though the installations go hand in hand both might be on separate partitions. In Samsung fws the recovery binaries are baked into initramfs which is then tied to zimage and finally combined to form boot.img. Have no experience dealing with Sony roms.

Simply said, in Sony it's not possible to flash kernal through recovery right?

nikufellow

In the zone
Simply said, in Sony it's not possible to flash kernal through recovery right?

Like i said mate i don't have any experience with rooting/flashing. Sony devices so can't say for sure if its about lg/Samsung i could try to answer. There are a lot of Sony users out here so wait for them to quench your query ;)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm unable to root my S6012 .. tried almost everything - si there any step by step video/pic tute for this and I heard this phone will get Jb update .. so is there any leaked /moded JB rom available for this ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks and I've tried that ;-) and this is what they have yo say :

EXPECTED ERRORS :-
As i Do not own the device i'm imagining the errors that may occur :-

As per expected it did not work - first issue started with Kies .. Kies showed an update is available for my device but for some reason it failed to update and once failed it never let me update the phone ... always showed GT-S6012 Does not support initializing error .. so I got the firmware file and had to flash it using Odin and fter that I tried rooting but all in wasting time .. I think I've tried every method so far out on there but still may have left a few.

Now here's some interesting stuff :

Rooting :

The link you mentioned is based on the first post and first rooting method of this thread .. tried both.

Some rooting needs JDk and ADk - both installed and even after that Super One click did not work .. recognized my phone and all but ws not able to root. ( 2nd link )

S-6012 is not supported by ClockworkMod Recovery .. verified and did not find any compatible flash/recover .img file compatible with my device for uisng with Amon Ra.

3rd link not applicable as the OS is ICS.

4th link a paid app but mt device is not in it's support list.

Multi Root installer needs CWM and my device is not supported by CWM and Amon Ra.

Same goes for the Universal method 1 , 2 and 3 and 4 no matching kernel but method 4 talks about flashing an insecure kernel of other phone having the same ICS version and then flash back again to flash again to "your stock kernel" no if I flash with other phone's kernel how come I flash again using my own kernel which I don't have or is there some way to extract the kernel image from the oficial firmware ROM file ?

Now there's method of using mobile odin to flash stock kernel using / extracting zimage from the official rom tar.md5 file but how to get the zimage file from the stock/offcial tar.md5 file to use with mobile Odin??? or ....... extract the kernel file from the official ROM file to use with Samsung Quick Root tool ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
: Update :

yesterday nearly spent 10 hours ( not to mention the hours spent on previous days ) to find and apply some proper method .. used some but none of them worked as expected .. I think the bootloader is locked tried unlocking it as well .. no go and then tried rooting with some ICS non secure kernel of other phone but ODIn was stuck at some point ( Don't worry I followed every steps properly ) and the phone never showed any progress on it being updated with another kernel and after a reboot ( did it manually after an hour as there was no progress ) it was all same as before .. the phone only can be flashed using official firmware and ODIN * this way I updated it to the latest version ).

Now it seems like I have to do it in the long way by extracting the rom/firmware files using cygwin/adb and some other ( god knows whatever ) tools .. the official firmware which came in as a tar.md5 can't be extracted with any archiver utility and most surprisingly Odinatrix-WINDOWS also failed to do it properly.

So now I need some tools to extract the files properly from the official tar.md5 file and then root and repack them and flash to gain root access .. the reason why I'm trying so hard to root is it came with many bloatwares which I need to remove but due to no root access and no proper method by anyone I just can't do it.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Hello friends.

I am looking for an application, which would allow me to reject certain calls when I sleep. But importantly, it should allow certain calls.

So its more of an 'Allow whitelist' rather than 'Block Blacklist' numbers.

Should have an autotimer. Say should activate itself at 12 midnight and deactivate at 8am.

I have tried many but each one has it's flaws. Currently I am using 'Easy Filter'. It has an annoying ad, but I am ok with that. The only thing it lacks is the auto timer.

Top Bottom