El Jobso relaizes his developers arent as good

Status
Not open for further replies.

superczar

-n00b-
Lolz...tell me something I can't fo on my K750i using Opera Mini, which over all costs only 10K, in iPhone of 40k+
Hahaha...that's like saying I can even browse on Lynx....
or what use a car...I can reach from bangalore to Chennai on a cycle too

BTW whatever gave you the impression the iphone is 40K...check my sig

And no, I am not used to limited upgrade choices because of being a Mac user...It's just that I love portability on my devices...

check my rigs here....predominantly Windows....
*www.techenclave.com/forums/rig/viewgallery-35.html

I don't hate windows, its just that I prefer the ease of use of a Mac

hard-core tweaking of my rigs...deep regediting/nliting...done it all...just that now I have fallen into a phase where I just want my stuff to work without too much of a headache....

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
superczar said:
Hahaha...that's like saying I can even browse on Lynx....
or what use a car...I can reach from bangalore to Chennai on a cycle too

Dude, u make me laugh. MobileSafari does provides everything, but on a 3 inch screen with a pay-per-kb data plan, Atleast I would prefer Opera Mini, where I not only have to download less data but can also disable images etc...

superczar

-n00b-
I have used opera mini on my N73me more than enough times to know what its capabilities are....
and there are enough affordable unlimited plans on most Telcos to not keep a tab on my data usage...

Here is the deal...when I had no choice but to use Opera Mini, I would use it only when absolutely absolutely necessary....
With Safari, I use the phone for random browsing too as I would on a PC

din

Tribal Boy
gx_saurav said:
... a pay-per-kb data plan

Offtopic : Airtel offers unliminted GPRS / EDGE for Rs.125 a month, I think it worth. We have to pay it advance, that is Rs.1500 one yr. Also not sure whether it is available all over India. I am using that.

goobimama

 Macboy
Can I ask one thing. Do any of you mobile phone users of the K-whatever, actually surf the net using the web browser? Cause my friend's have these Ks and Ws, but none of them ever surf using the web browser even though they did try to once with the GPRS.

The iPhone really does make browsing like on a computer, with it's multi touch display. The way of working with web pages is totally out of this world. Plus, it has WiFi.

superczar

-n00b-
exactly what I am saying Goobi:

Here is the deal...when I had no choice but to use Opera Mini, I would use it only when absolutely absolutely necessary....
With Safari, I use the phone for random browsing too as I would on a PC

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
din said:
Offtopic : Airtel offers unliminted GPRS / EDGE for Rs.125 a month, I think it worth. We have to pay it advance, that is Rs.1500 one yr. Also not sure whether it is available all over India. I am using that.

That I know, but a BSNL user here. I get the top up coupans for free :D, but GPRS isn't unltd on prepaid

Do any of you mobile phone users of the K-whatever, actually surf the net using the web browser?

Yup, I was using Opera Mini 3.0 full time when i was in gurgaon, my friend uses Opera for Mobile on his Nokia 5700 in Gurgaon full time for everything.

The iPhone really does make browsing like on a computer, with it's multi touch display. The way of working with web pages is totally out of this world. Plus, it has WiFi.

My K750i does more work then the iPhone, & mine was released 2 years ago. Why don't u compare iPhone with W960i

superczar

-n00b-
Gx_saurav
the idea is I don't need to as I already have.....
I have already run a comparison review between the iphone, the N73ME (Symbian) and ipaq 6365 (win mobile) which is posted in the reviews section

It is you who needs to get hold of one to do a comparison
basing your opinion (and a very stron one at that) simply on the basis of hearsay isn't a good idea

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Oh, believe me, even if he uses the iPhone for a month, he'll still publicly say he hates it. (We all know the truth though.)

He's the oh-I'm-so-cool-I-pretend-to-hate-the-company-everyone-loves type! :lol:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
superczar said:
It is you who needs to get hold of one to do a comparison
basing your opinion (and a very stron one at that) simply on the basis of hearsay isn't a good idea

Like alsiladka said, what good is a UI if the phone can't do things I expect a phone to do.

superczar

-n00b-
Like alsiladka said, what good is a UI if the phone can't do things I expect a phone to do.
And what do you want your phone to do...cook dinner for you ? :D

vaise this discussion keep running in circles all the time

Last edited:

din

Tribal Boy
@superczar

LOL, man, if you own iPhone, then you are not suitable for discussing iPhone here ;)

Reason is, another 'Official iPhone thread' is there in this section, where none of the participants ever used an iPhone !

Isn't it amazing ? It happens only @ thinkdigit forum ;)

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
din said:
Reason is, another 'Official iPhone thread' is there in this section, where none of the participants ever used an iPhone !

Isn't it amazing ? It happens only @ thinkdigit forum ;)
Cudn't haf said it better! :D Opinions here are made not by experience but by observation!

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
ya well im waiting for that day wen im so freakin rich that i can buy gadgets to test and then throw if i dont like .... but alas until i have to base my decisions on my super-natural observation skills ...

din

Tribal Boy
@iMav - 100% agree with you again ;)

Provided you read or understand things from someone who really used / experienced a gadget.

Read these (no need to mention who posted these, but at any cost, don't use your super-natural observation skills based on those lol)

My K750i does more work then the iPhone, & mine was released 2 years ago.

Anyone reading it will think, WOW, this guy own iPhone and thats based on his own experience.

And thats the point, Windows makes it so easy to change the UI elements for use, that we can tweak windows 95% to our liking. But in case of Mac OS X, we have to use what Apple wants us to use.

Which make others think - WOW he own a mac too ;)

From another thread ..

Zune Product range is Awesome.. just use them and i mean use it once and you will forget anything else.. :)

Only Goobi n myself were sure he does not own a Zune :D

There are a lot of comments like this. Buy that, thats the best thing in the world, do not buy some other thing, thats the worst thing etc etc. What I meant is, when we can't buy-and-test each and everything, rely on some un-biased reviews by someone who really own the product. May be some sites which are good for un-biased reviews and which are there for quite a long time.

In case of iPhone, there were many nice reviews posted in internet by people who used it which listed the positive and negative points of iPhones. And the famous thinkdigit forum - official iPhone thread ?

No problem in posting some links or copy pasting some other blog content - as buying is not always possible, but what I do not understand is, making statements that sounds like - "Man, never go for it, it sux" or " Go ahead, and grab it". Post reviews or post comments but please do not post something that sounds like you own something and your statements are based on your own experience.

Atleast add a 'default statement' whenever we post, something like - My statements are not based on my experience, in fact I do not own the peroduct at all

The forum will be very useful if we all share our experience instead of copy pasting from other sites. Like if I buy a new mobile and from my experience if it sux, then I can warn others and atleast people who read can stay away from it. Instaed, how it will be if I post about that mobile 2 pages full and every point is biased and in favor of it and tempting others to buy - even before I buy that mobile but my post sounds like I have that mobile for ages? Which will be better ?

Enough, I am hungry, goin for lunch !

Last edited:
OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
hey im not copy pasting stuff im reading from God knows how many sites and ya they talk abt the good and the bad btw why is it always that the windows supporters are the 1s who need to use things do this do that where as linux users and mac boys are heaven sent angels who know all do all own all ....

i think and im pretty honestly saying this the un-necessary windows bashing that is done alll over is the reason why these things happen ... ur o! the iphone just rocks when it lacks basic features o! os x just so easy to use when u cant change a theme without messing with the core files is just plain stupid and the windows users are dumb they know nothing and can do nothing attitude is absurd and once some windows users start retaliating and make solid reasoning that u guys start making comments like o! the other guy is an idiot he cant understand this and that and all sorts of non-sense

when a windows user says there is no drm content here in india its like it will come and wen we say there is no hd-dvd support its like there is no hd-dvd availble ....:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom