El Jobso relaizes his developers arent as good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pathik

Google Bot
Yup Safari is really good..
If i get a chance i ll also try it out wit my college wifi..
and Coverflow doesnt interest me much as i m not a music fan..
the sound quality really rocks thru the earphones...
and Its got a real high SHOWOFF quotient..

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
So, what didn't you like about the phone?

alsiladka said:
Use Windowblinds with some creative skins.
That can only change the look of the OS (which is not too bad by default anyway). It still will have the counter-intuitive user interface it has.

alsiladka said:
Chalo, lets add 1, nah 2 hours of more great fun to that. Will you use the iPhone to surf everytime when you have the access to computers?

And would you keep flipping through the cover flow all the time and select individual songs from your beautifully arranged library or opt for playlists and keep the iphone in your pocket while listening to music?
So, on other phones, you keep video recording for twenty hours everyday?

The UI is the one thing that you have to use each time you use the phone and the iPhone has the best UI in the world. :)

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
kya hua arya ... public opinion going against ur choice ... making u nervous ... :lol: u didnt get to use safari toh safari use kareke kaunsa pahad hil jayega :lol: no album art on ipod :lol: :lol: man a hectic day and some aryaness ... the day is complete :lol:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
alsiladka said:
Chalo, lets add 1, nah 2 hours of more great fun to that. Will you use the iPhone to surf everytime when you have the access to computers?

And would you keep flipping through the cover flow all the time and select individual songs from your beautifully arranged library or opt for playlists and keep the iphone in your pocket while listening to music?

Arya & other macboys will opt to surf net on such a small screen & not use Safari on there Mac, & will flip through the cover flow all the time and select individual songs from there beautifully arranged library becuse just look at the UI, it looks so cool :D

Use Windowblinds with some creative skins.

I did not wanted to include this cos this is a 3rd party apps. Despite of that, compared to Vista, Leopard gives nothing to the user to customize the UI. Hack, it won't even allow me to make the Apple menu opeque again cos I don't like it transparent. Even hacks using input managers won't work.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
This is something I once wrote:
Now that that is out of the way (the information about the iPhone's price being lowered, that is), here's my main question - do you intend to puchase the iPhone now? Please say no. Remember that it still has crippled Bluetooth functionality, no video recording capabilities, no 3G... and a lot of other drawbacks. You don't want it. The lower price is just a lure - resist it! C'mon, you can do it. Grab a RAZR or something instead.
So, believe me, I couldn't be happier by the news that people are not liking the iPhone. I don't want it to be like the iPod. I want it to be like Macs. (I know that is impossible though. This is one device that is destined for greatness and the evil that is attached to it - ubiquity. :()

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
So, what didn't you like about the phone?

Plz have a look at the Official iPhone thread for answers to this question ;)

Please say no. Remember that it still has crippled Bluetooth functionality, no video recording capabilities, no 3G... and a lot of other drawbacks.

Wasen't it u who replied to me once when I said "Where is 3G"...& your reply was "chatega kya" :D

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I just randomly picked up three of its oft-mentioned drawbacks, two of which are not drawbacks IMHO. Stop being stupid. It will help you in life.

superczar

-n00b-
Just used a iPhone..
With the kind of features it has, you can only be excited about it and its UI for about 20 minutes..
After that you need solid features to keep urself interested... or atleast good 3rd party apps.. wich r currently a lil less in number..
but 1 thing..
MULTITOUCH simply rocks..
There's no point buying an iphone if you don't have (or don't want to pay for ) GPRS...period....

I'd rather have PC like access to the net on Safari than any random one time usage "feature"

Wow....plz do show me a way in Mac OS X itself, like in Windows "Desktop Properties" to change the icon scheme, colour theme, menubar transparency & colour etc....speak about something which makes sense.

You, my dear friend, need to get a crash course in reading & comprehension skills :p

Did you even bother to read my post (#33), or was it incomprehensible?

There is absolutely no need for OS X to have an easy to use customization way for the themes...the original is fairly good....
If however, you still want to have a go at it, get a knack of the OS internals....

Seriously guys..there is nothing like a nice and healthy debate....
but it gets pointless when some of the people in the fray behave (hopefully intentionally) like nitwits

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
blah blah and blah ...

heres a crash ocurse in foruming based on some posts by mac boys

when out of words and nearly pwned what should u say ..... the other guy is an idiot and doesnt understand english :lol:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
superczar said:
There's no point buying an iphone if you don't have (or don't want to pay for ) GPRS...period....

I'd rather have PC like access to the net on Safari than any random one time usage "feature"

GPRS....GPRS....GPRS in 2007, u sure u r not going back in TIME? World is moving towards 4G. EDGE is available only in few cities of India & GPRS is hack slow, due to which loading big webpages is a PITA....however with Opera Mini, een pages like MySpace (worst HTML ever) open in a ziffy even on GPRS.

There is absolutely no need for OS X to have an easy to use customization way for the themes...the original is fairly good....
If however, you still want to have a go at it, get a knack of the OS internals....

Lolz...this is where Windows Vista kicks the arse of Mac OS X. You can make Windows look like whatever u want, but u can't make Mac OS X look anything other then...well...Mac. Have a look at this screenshots, I can make Vista look & work like Mac OS X, but can't make Mac's UI even 10% different.

*img156.imageshack.us/img156/1264/windowsvistalikemacosxsa4.th.jpg

People have subjective choices, U like gray UI, I like slight black UI, can I change in Mac OS X? no...can I do that in Windows, yup.

Can I change in Mac OS X without screwing the OS internals, no.

Can I change in vista without screwing the OS internals, Yup..

Logically, Vista is better.

goobimama

 Macboy
We know everyone wants their desktop to look like a mac. But what was that, that great person once said?

Even if a goat wears the skin of a tiger (well, maybe a leopard in future), it is still a goat under there...

superczar

-n00b-
GPRS....GPRS....GPRS in 2007, u sure u r not going back in TIME? World is moving towards 4G. EDGE is available only in few cities of India & GPRS is hack slow, due to which loading big webpages is a PITA....however with Opera Mini, een pages like MySpace (worst HTML ever) open in a ziffy even on GPRS.
I get between 100-120kbps on Edge in chennai which is more than fast enough for browsing and even youtube app works without any buffering
delays (try guessing how?)

3G isn't mature as yet, and most current 3G chips fast deplete the battery (not that 3G is available anywhere in India anyway)
which brings us back to the original point
It's better having an eminently usable feature than some technical kick a$$ feature that is practically useless

Last month, I was using 3G UMTS on O2 deutschland on my N73ME
45 mins of replying back to e-mails and the battery was down from full to 50%....

It's better to have a 2 second load time on my mail account with a full day of usage instead of a 1 second load time but sub 2 hours of usage time

People have subjective choices, U like gray UI, I like slight black UI, can I change in Mac OS X? no...can I do that in Windows, yup.

Can I change in Mac OS X without screwing the OS internals, no.

Can I change in vista without screwing the OS internals, Yup..
Thats why i keep saying it's your lack of knowledge of OS X that prevents you from tweaking OS X...
Ever heard of something called plist files?

anyway, why don't you compare substantial and meaningful stuff like the relative stability of the systems than something as frivolous as this?

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
superczar said:
It's better having an eminently usable feature than some technical kick a$$ feature that is practically useless

Yup, its better to use Opera Mini to open orkut in 5kb then safari to open orkut in 57kb :D

Ever heard of something called plist files?

Nope, Why should I need to know that? I m so used to the Windows method of right clicking on the desktop ->personalize-> & changing whatever I want using simple & easy methods instead of resource hacking.

And hey, do tell me if you can make the leopard's Apple menu back to opeque like Tiger... I would really appriciate that.

anyway, why don't you compare substantial and meaningful stuff like the relative stability of the systems than something as frivolous as this?

Apple makes the hardware & software. They are tightly packed together. U cannot install a 3rd party TV Tuner in Mac Pro & use Windows to use view TV in it, neither u can upgrade the graphics card by buying one from the market.

Obviously if a system is so closed, it will be rock stable. When was the last time u saw kernel panic or BSD on a XBOX 360 or PS3 (closed hardware)...

Windows on the other hand supports so much hardware & software configurations, that driver manufacturer many times don't go for WHQL which might or might not lead to an unstable driver. Show me one BSD ever with WHQL drivers plz..

WE ARE DEVIATING FROM THE TOPIC...Back to normality plz

superczar

-n00b-
Yup, its better to use Opera Mini to open orkut in 5kb then safari to open orkut in 57kb

What? Opera mini vs Safari on the iphone...sorry, That is an appalling comparison (Is win 3.1 better than XP?) ...I'd rather not even dwelve into it

Apple makes the hardware & software. They are tightly packed together. U cannot install a 3rd party TV Tuner in Mac Pro & use Windows to use view TV in it, neither u can upgrade the graphics card by buying one from the market.
I don't use a desktop and I am used to limited upgrade choices
I don't think though that a Mac Pro would not let you upgrade RAM or the HDD or the gfx card... Goobi, Arya, any comments?

Pathik

Google Bot
@superczar the EDGe in mumbai (be it Airtel or Voda) sucks... the max speeds offered are around 36-40 kbps.. and even tho safari is a really good browser it doesnt offer much with these speeds..

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
superczar said:
What? Opera mini vs Safari on the iphone...sorry, That is an appalling comparison (Is win 3.1 better than XP?) ...I'd rather not even dwelve into it

Lolz...tell me something I can't fo on my K750i using Opera Mini, which over all costs only 10K, in iPhone of 40k+

I don't use a desktop and I am used to limited upgrade choices

All Mac users are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom