El Jobso relaizes his developers arent as good

Status
Not open for further replies.

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Man, poor AT&T network, its gonna come down so quickly now. Damn the 3rd party apps. Uhh Mr.Job, why the sudden turnaround?

Although the move is excellant, but why the hell so late? Didnt they trust their product to do well without it, or rather as they had though it would?

superczar

-n00b-
actually you replied while i was editing my previous post,
and the thread scrolled over to the next page
was waiting to hear back from you on these thoughts...

Anyway, on a completely different note, I have tremendous respect for that can do- will do attitude when it comes to pulling workarounds when it comes to technology

been there-done that, esp when I was a budget constrained student.....
However, I find it increasingly difficult to spend time to such pursuits these days though (with notable exceptions like my latest carputer build)

Anyway, the tangential story apart, I somehow feel that the beauty of OS X (that lies in the fact that it simply works) is lost when you embark on a project like the osx86 , i.e. running OS X on non apple- non TPM hardware

With non apple harware without a TPM, there will be some or the other niggles here & there... a missing driver, some API call conflicts, maybe a few IRQ conflicts.....a nag here or there...and that kills the very reason OS X users love it for

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
ya well its just blah blah an excuse to try and convince a lot of ppl who tried os x on non apple machines and decided to turn away form purchasing an apple product at the same time i do agree that os x is tuned for specific hardware much like dell or hp who a lot of times tune hardware drivers to suit their machines but im not saying that os x is faulty at the core (my level computer knowledge forbids me from doing so) however i can comment on what the os x has to offer and the way it works and that will not change whether i use an apple machine or a normal pc which basically is from the same hardware ;) and using it on my machine i can try out almost every apple software out there ya iv even dwnldd the crappy iwork 08

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
alsiladka said:
Man, poor AT&T network, its gonna come down so quickly now. Damn the 3rd party apps. Uhh Mr.Job, why the sudden turnaround?

Although the move is excellant, but why the hell so late? Didnt they trust their product to do well without it, or rather as they had though it would?
I am pretty sure that an official SDK for the iPhone has been in the works ever since the beginning. They just wanted to keep it a surprise and only announce it (with a huge event or something) when it was finished. But the pressure from the hackers and customers mounted so much that the iPhone's reputation was taking a hit. So Steve decided to let people know that it is in the works and is coming soon.

That's my theory anyway. :)

iMav said:
ya well its just blah blah an excuse to try and convince a lot of ppl who tried os x on non apple machines and decided to turn away form purchasing an apple product at the same time i do agree that os x is tuned for specific hardware much like dell or hp who a lot of times tune hardware drivers to suit their machines but im not saying that os x is faulty at the core (my level computer knowledge forbids me from doing so) however i can comment on what the os x has to offer and the way it works and that will not change whether i use an apple machine or a normal pc which basically is from the same hardware ;) and using it on my machine i can try out almost every apple software out there ya iv even dwnldd the crappy iwork 08
@superczar
Basically, they are forced to stick with Windows for one reason or the other and therefore, they don't like the fact that Mac OS X is better so they keep cribbing about it to make themselves feel better.

If you'd known them and read the utter bullshit they post for as long as I've done, you'd know that I speak the truth.

Anyway, let's move on to better topics. This is very controversial. :)

Last edited:
OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
we are forced to use windows :lol: man where are those laughing smileys :lol: we are forced :lol: any 1 tell u the options and flexibility pc uses have as compared to mac boys :lol: :lol: we are forced :lol:

goobimama

 Macboy
@gx: Yes. Aligned paragraphs make all the difference. If they didn't, then wedding invitations would look like a newspaper. And all book covers would be some plain paper with the title written in bad handwriting. Typography is what makes design work. If it (among other design elements) didn't, there wouldn't be a job for a designer....

Mods, please remove this 'theme' for the forum. The winboys seem to want ugly times new roman typeface with no proper organisation for posts or anything else. Ugly is the best way to go...

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
aryayush said:
I am pretty sure that an official SDK for the iPhone has been in the works ever since the beginning. They just wanted to keep it a surprise and only announce it (with a huge event or something) when it was finished. But the pressure from the hackers and customers mounted so much that the iPhone's reputation was taking a hit. So Steve decided to let people know that it is in the works and is coming soon.

What would you like to say to this comment then if they were working on the SDK from the start (which i believe they did) -
"We don't want AT&T's west cost network to go down due to some application"

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
aryayush said:

Assuming your theory is correct, then Steve Jobs is a big liar :D. First her said there is no SDK required & it doesn't exist, Web 2.0 apps are the way to go....& now he is saying that there will be a SDK, Steve Jobs can't be trusted anymore.:rolleyes:

Basically, they are forced to stick with Windows for one reason or the other and therefore,

Did u say "forced". Its u who is forces to use Mac the way it exists. Can't change the colour theme, Icon font, menubar colour.....we both can install whatever X86 OS we like on our machine, whether pirated or legal, whose forced here?

goobimama

 Macboy
colour theme, Icon font, menubar colour
What are we eight? It would be a different story if the whole thing looked ugly, but if the design elements are carefully selected then why would I want to change them? Of course, in your case, you like things ugly, that's why you need the menubar to be changed to a hideous blue and the apple button to a painful green....

superczar

-n00b-
thats besides the point goobi...
The UI elements can be edited to whatever you like them to be..

Actually root access on terminal in OS X give you a far more logical and granular level of control on OS X than the layered access in windows can ever give....

It's just that it's not dummies friendly and it requires good knowledge of OS X internals to tweak your way around on a Mac

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
superczar said:
thats' thanks to your ignorance...

Wow....plz do show me a way in Mac OS X itself, like in Windows "Desktop Properties" to change the icon scheme, colour theme, menubar transparency & colour etc....speak about something which makes sense.

Actually root access on terminal in OS X give you a far more logical and granular level of control on OS X than the layered access in windows can ever give....

It's just that it's not dummies friendly and it requires good knowledge of OS X internals to tweak your way around on a Mac

And thats the point, Windows makes it so easy to change the UI elements for use, that we can tweak windows 95% to our liking. But in case of Mac OS X, we have to use what Apple wants us to use.

Gray Blend UI in 2007, ewww ewww

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Let me tell you this, Leopard looks far sexier then Vista can ever hope to.

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
Just used a iPhone..
With the kind of features it has, you can only be excited about it and its UI for about 20 minutes..
After that you need solid features to keep urself interested... or atleast good 3rd party apps.. wich r currently a lil less in number..
but 1 thing..
MULTITOUCH simply rocks..

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Let me guess, you did not get to use Safari and the iPod did not have a lot of properly tagged music (with album art) on it.

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
aryayush said:
Let me guess, you did not get to use Safari and the iPod did not have a lot of properly tagged music (with album art) on it.

Chalo, lets add 1, nah 2 hours of more great fun to that. Will you use the iPhone to surf everytime when you have the access to computers?

And would you keep flipping through the cover flow all the time and select individual songs from your beautifully arranged library or opt for playlists and keep the iphone in your pocket while listening to music?

aryayush said:
Let me tell you this, Leopard looks far sexier then Vista can ever hope to.

Use Windowblinds with some creative skins.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom