DSLR Dilemma......

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Even I used to think in your lines just before going for the EOS600D. But in real world you will hardly or ever go beyond ISO3200 trust me,its one of those rare situations. The noise that they are talking about is only visible when you highly magnify the JPEG images which we dont. Next if shooting in RAW the noise is not an issue at all. Whats the point of buying a DSLR if you are not shooting in RAW and playing with Apertures and ISO and Bracketing. Im very happy with EOS600D image quality. But then you wont go wrong with either of the Cameras. The D5100 has major flaws too like no DOF meter!Bad Video shooting.You cant change the Flash Sync/Trigger settings and slightly under exposed images in my eye atleast. I have seen IMO that Nikon tends to falter with the Blue color while canon does it with Yellow.

Both have flaws and both are good too.

Dr. House

No Regrets
So you mean to say Canon 600D has better video recording. What about manual focusing of videos in these cameras?
Where can I find better deal than this? New Canon EOS 600D DSLR Camera Kit EF 18-55 & 55-250 IS II Lens+4GB+Carry Case | eBay

This 55-250mm lens is itself of 11k and camera with 18-55mm is available for 26k. What is the advatnage of this combo deal? :?
camera with 18-55*www.ebay.in/itm/Canon-EOS-600-D-CA...N_Compact_Digital_Cameras&hash=item19e36f7ee1
55-250 lens - *www.ebay.in/itm/CANON-EFS-55-250mm..._SLR_Camera_Lenses_Optics&hash=item1c351ad16e

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
WoW... EOS600D with 18-55 Kit Lens for 26K where? Could you share with us. Thats Awesome.

You get a 8GB card and the DSLR bag in the combo which otherwise is Rs 1500 more. The combo deal can be had for Rs 34,500 to 36K thats a good bargain price. For Video just press the shutter halfway and it focuses instantly.

Manual focus is easier with a faster open-aperture lens, IMO.

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh-zzeFJfSg

That Camera on Ebay can be had for farther Rs 750 less with coupons. If you want coupons do any recharge in Vodafone and you will get that coupon!

Last edited:

Dr. House

No Regrets
Here, I can get Canon 600D for 26,315 with 18-55 lens, DSLR bag and 4GB card. Further coupons might not available because it was in ebay deal option.
Canon EOS 600-D CAMERA BODY KIT WITH 18-55 IS II LENS EOS CARRY CASE 4-GB CARD | eBay

BTW for how much a 55-250mm like lens come for Nikon D5100?

sujoyp

Grand Master
Nikon camp is not as bad you think incinerator :D

If high ISO in D5100 is not worth much then even video in DSLR is not worth that much ...it really depends person to person.

Also DOF button needs good viewfinder which these D3xxx, D5xxx or 5xxD and 6xxD dont have...you will find it difficult to use. we can always use live view to replace it.

Also just check the price of canon lenses against nikon lenses ...other then maybe 50mm and 55-250 all canon lenses are costlier then nikon counterparts
Nikon have also the advantage of using old manual lenses without any adapters...my macro lens is made in maybe 70's and my 50mm 1.8 is also 90's model ...sadly in canon you dont have a choice

@house ....

In nikon you have 2 choice
55-200 vr (which I have) will cost 12k
55-300 vr will cost 17-18k

BTW to reach 300mm with image stabilisation you will have to spend either 25k on Tamron 70-300 VC or canon 70-300 IS for 40k where nikon 55-300 vr is 18k and nikon 70-300vr is 32k :D

Dr. House

No Regrets
Holy mother of deal! :hyper: Canon EOS 600D Digital SLR Camera - With 18-55mm & 55-250mm Lens + 2 Yrs Warnty | eBay for 33,659 with a coupon of 6.5% that I have. :hyper:

sujoyp

Grand Master
yup its a awesome deal...grab it quickly...the feedback of dealer is also seems fine...last one only 2 issues that too a hx300 and a calculator.

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Ofcourse Sujoy Nikon is not bad ,I would have to be a fool to say that. Thats why I mentioned both have flaws and are not perfect and he wont go wrong with either.:) Yes you are very right,Canon has jacked up the lens price for no reason,I want to buy the 18-135mm STM IS Lens but the least a shop quoted was Rs 33,200. I think I wont be able to get it before Diwali and rather wait for the prices to cool off before buying one as they are very new at the moment. But my over all value of my Kit would be 35,800+33,200 = Rs 69,000 Not a bad Idea considering Ill be having three Lenses and a capable Body. May God Bless me....

You are already Blessed @ Dr. House .....Grab it ..immediately!

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
incinerator I am sorry to say but why do you plan to get a 18-135 when you have 18-55 and 55-250 ...i mean it will be just a overlap on same focal length and 18-135 is also a slow lens its not a 1.8 or 2.8 or f4 lens ...whats the point??

if u want to upgrade then sell off 18-55 get 17-50 f2.8 or sell off 55-250 and get 70-200 f4 or get a wide angle like 11-16 or 10-20 or maybe a macro like 90mm 2.8

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
I thought of one Lens do it all kind of thing. And yes I wanted to sell both the lenses to get one,but since the exchange prices of the existing lenses were so bad ,I decided to keep both of them. Yes you are right keeping all three is stupid.Id rather buy a 17-50 selling the 18-55 and be done with it.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Tamron 17-50 f2.8 that I am using is superb lens...and its selling used for around 15k and new 22k ...btw I have bought after using 18-55 for 2 years

its always said that 1st learn to use a lens then if u find something lacking then get new one or upgrade :D buzurgo ne kahan hai :D

Dr. House

No Regrets
What are the other uses of 55-250 lens beside 13x high zoom birds and animals photography?

I mean if I take a normal shot how much it would be different from 18-55?

sujoyp

Grand Master
other then wildlife you can shoot nice portraits, butterfly, flowers ...due to magnification it gives nice background blurring

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ You explained it in a way that somehow it stuck in his head 55-250 is a 13x zoom :D

sujoyp

Grand Master
LOL nac ...but its difficult to explain newbies about angle of view, crop factor and all ...soo the common X zoom is easier to understand

sujoyp

Grand Master
ha ha ha dont take it otherwise ...but people comming from point and shoot always ask for kitna zoom hai...even my mom and other relatives ...thats common :)

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
^ You explained it in a way that somehow it stuck in his head 55-250 is a 13x zoom :D

This is newbie question. So what is zoom actually ? is it the amount of magnification or simply dividing max & min length of the lens ?

Will a subject at 200 mm on a 50-200 mm lens (4x zoom) appear to be at same distance from the camera as on a 25-200 mm lens at 200mm (8x zoom) ?

Top Bottom