DSLR Dilemma......

Dr. House

No Regrets
^^ Canon 600D or any other Canon DSLR have NO in body focus motor. But all the Canon lenses do have focus motor in it. On the other hand, Nikon D90 and above do have in body focus motor. Other than few, most of the Nikkor lenses do have focus motor in it.

Oh well! snapsort.com mentioned Canon 600D has as a built-in focus motor. :?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Yeah, me too was thinking that Canon DSLR do have in body motor before until Sujoy explained me that it ain't. :D

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
The 18-135mm STM is available for Rs 33,500. Expect the 18-55 STM to be around 18K.

The Kit STM s are very sharp and has very very good build quality.

sujoyp

Grand Master
this confusion is created by nikon ... what happened is in 80's Nikon F mount and canon's FD mount both lenses didnt have motor in body ...but in 90's canon shifted to EF mount with inbody motor and Nikon released AFS lenses with with inbody motor of F mount ...soo nikon have now AF and AFS lenses and canon have only EF mount

sujoyp

Grand Master
yes all lenses released from last 5-6 years have motor in body thats AFS lenses....the cheap 50mm 1.8 D lens of nikon is quit old design...just checked its 2002 model

here guys check this sheet to find your model -> Nikon Lenses

or
*www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/nikkor.htm

Dr. House

No Regrets
So why Nikon 50mm f/1.8 G lens is of 12k whereas Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 is of 7k as both of the lenses have focus motor?

sujoyp

Grand Master
its same as why canon 70-300 IS USM cost 45k when Nikon 70-300 AFS VR cost 32k ..or Nikon 105mm AFS VR Micro lens cost 47k where Canon 100mm macro IS USM L lens cost 60k :D :D ...it depends on company to company

Dr. House

No Regrets
Well I'm not interested in wildlife or bird photography much. I will be first an armature photographer who shoots in events, short movies, photo-shoots, taking pictures of patients for clinical purpose.
I've to finalize my camera before Sunday. Whether to go with Canon or Nikon. If I buy Canon 600D with 18-55mm kit for 27k after sometime will get a 50mm f/1.8 lens for 7k.

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
LOL I was just giving example..why canon 50mm is cheaper then nikon...coz its company decision :)

yes you can go with 600D kit and 50mm later..but 50mm is not useful for your clinical purpose...its too restrictive...better get canon 40mm STM or shift to nikon and get nikon 35mm 1.8 ....50mm is good almost for head sholder portrait type shots in small room

Dr. House

No Regrets
So which lens is good for taking full body portraits? How much canon to nikkor lens adapter ring costs? If that adapter has no issue so why to care about canon or nikkor lenses. :)

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
no no there is no good nikon to canon adapter and dont even think about it ...as I said in canon you can go for maybe a canon 40mm STM

Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Lens - Canon: Flipkart.com
this will serve your purpose better

if u go for nikon D5100+kit then i will suggest adding a nikon 35mm1.8 for ur purpose

Dr. House

No Regrets
no no there is no good nikon to canon adapter and dont even think about it ...as I said in canon you can go for maybe a canon 40mm STM

Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Lens - Canon: Flipkart.com
this will serve your purpose better

if u go for nikon D5100+kit then i will suggest adding a nikon 35mm1.8 for ur purpose

Ok what about other cheaper lenses by sigma and tamron? How are these and how much they cost?

digik

Journeyman
yes all lenses released from last 5-6 years have motor in body thats AFS lenses....the cheap 50mm 1.8 D lens of nikon is quit old design...just checked its 2002 model

here guys check this sheet to find your model -> Nikon Lenses

or
Nikon Nikkor Lenses

Your links are good but beyond my understanding.... I would like to know where does the motor lies....in body or in lens kit..:-?

sujoyp

Grand Master
@digik ...just look for AFS lenses and motor lies in lens ....else motor needed in body ...but do check the release date ...all new lenses have inbody motor

@house..cheaper lenses..like which one you are talking about??

sujoyp

Grand Master
there r no cheap portrait lens in tamron sigma.. i wont compare those two...they r different...and canon one is better for video but nikon one have better background blurring

Dr. House

No Regrets
All right guys! Please help me to find out the cheapest deals for canon 600d and nikon D5100 as till yesterday canon was available for 26.3k on ebay and now the deal is over. :(
Nikon is of 27.5k on snapdeal.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Check with your local stores. They may likely to give some good discounts as it is festive season. Last year, Reliance was giving 15% cash back offer...

sujoyp

Grand Master
all big store give discount on MRP which will be very high...online store give discount on already lowered price

Top Bottom