DSLR Dilemma......

Dr. House

No Regrets
@house ....if you use stm lens on 600D the benefit you will get is silent lens motor...soo no sound of lens autofocussing in video...if u use it in manual focus then I dont see any advantage at all...
But as I can see there is no auto focus in 600D video recording, you mean to say that trick where one need to press the shutter button?

As Inci mentioned, STM lenses do better with cameras like 100D and above (only the latest release - less than a handful of models)

If you are stressing more on video, I think you should also consider Sony SLT. They are much better than Canon and Nikon in this regard.

What is the Nikkor's answer to Canon's STM series of lenses?

You can buy the D5200 with 18-55mm for Rs 37,000 at snapdeal, only three left. So better hurry.

That deal is over there but ebay is still selling for 38k. Can you tell me how much better video quality would be in D5200 in compare to 600D? In specs I can see D5200 has both manual and auto focus in video making. Also I can manual adjust exposure, ISO and shutter speed in D5200, sounds much better than 600D.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@house ...yes I meant to press the shutterbutton and focus

Nikon is not good in video ...if you want video then look for Sony SLT vs canon

whatever specs you read...600D have much better video then D5200 ...its true :)

Dr. House

No Regrets
@house ...yes I meant to press the shutterbutton and focus

Nikon is not good in video ...if you want video then look for Sony SLT vs canon

whatever specs you read...600D have much better video then D5200 ...its true :)

Which Sony STL you are talking about?

I need to decide only in Canon and Nikon.

sujoyp

Grand Master
you are giving too much emphasis on video...which is secondry feature in DSLR ...but still get canon for video recording and better control

Dr. House

No Regrets
you are giving too much emphasis on video...which is secondry feature in DSLR ...but still get canon for video recording and better control

Yea! because talking about images is not useful as it clear that canon 550/600/650/700Ds have almost same image quality and D5100 is little better in image quality.

I got confused after reading 40mm STM will not have much advantage in taking videos with 600D. :?

sujoyp

Grand Master
I told you to get 40mm coz 50mm will make you very uncomfortable to take shots of patients in a clinic ... 50mm can be used for head and sholder in a 10x10 room but will be difficult to impossible for full body portraits or shot...

if nikon I would have suggested a 35mm 1.8 ...but you are giving emphasis on video soo u are stuck in canon

basically for your taking picture in a clinic requirement you will need 600D+kit+40mm or D5100+kit+35mm ...remaining is your wish

I guess i missed the thread long back but i guess you should consider the image quality over Video they are designed for that.
and if your still up with the filters look for these.
I suggest getting started with the photography and later you will know what exactly to get, you have a color filter already and Grainy B/W, Soft Focus, Fish-eye Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Miniature Effect Resize I guess you're looking for a neutral density or polarizing ones, you also have a warm, warm mist and black.
See if you have any specifications let me know.

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
@ Dr. House ,though reviews say that EOS600D dosnt benefit from the STM lens,I dont know what they smoke,but today I took the 600D and checked it with an STM 18-135 that they had for display at Image Square,the STM is actually faster in focussing with a EOS600D too,it might be better with EOS700D and 70D by far,but yes it is the lens to buy with Canon Cameras . Even the 18-55 STM is sharp,very sharp over the non STM and is fast at focussing and almost noiseless. I couldnt check the 40mm as it is not a KIT accessory hence cant comment.

Dr. House

No Regrets
@ Dr. House ,though reviews say that EOS600D dosnt benefit from the STM lens,I dont know what they smoke,but today I took the 600D and checked it with an STM 18-135 that they had for display at Image Square,the STM is actually faster in focussing with a EOS600D too,it might be better with EOS700D and 70D by far,but yes it is the lens to buy with Canon Cameras . Even the 18-55 STM is sharp,very sharp over the non STM and is fast at focussing and almost noiseless. I couldnt check the 40mm as it is not a KIT accessory hence cant comment.

So, according to your personal experience STM lenses have benefit of faster focusing and taking sharper images in 600D?
The thing is the price difference between 600D and 700D is of 24k. Does it worth to spend that much for little fast focusing and sharpness?

sujoyp

Grand Master
why dont you just get the 600D body (if there is one) and a 18-55 STM saperately with a 40mm STM and you are done

when you have custom choices you will never get an offer according to that :)

Dr. House

No Regrets
Actually the price of body only is 26k right now and that deal will offer me with 18-55 non STM lens at the same price. So it would be the best deal to buy from them. :)

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Getting the 700D for 24K extra is not at all worth it,IMHO considering the image quality is same.Even I was tempted but went aginst it.

As Sujoy mentioned get the EOS600D body and get a 40mm STM and be done with it. EOS700D body is around Rs 48K atleast I believe,if you go up to that budget bracket even then a Nikon D7000 body would be a better buy over a EOS700D anyday,IMHO.

At those price levels delivering the same image quality but a wee bit fast AF in Stills and faster AF in Video the 700D dosnt make sense to me at all.

sujoyp

Grand Master
yes for 48k I am sure you can even get nikon D7000+18-55 ...and get a 50mm later ....but then you will loose in video

faster AF is always good but then 700D is just a upper mid range DSLR and not in the same level of 60D or D7000 ...soo not interested to invest soo much on that

just get the 600Dkit and 40mm and you will be happy :)

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
My Dehumidifier arrived......its awesome.......and with the best Orange Silica Gel with twice the absorbant quality ,over the Cobalt Blue ones!Its one important or rather the most important accessory for your Camera and Lens, This is one thing in a sealed Box that will help your Lenses from getting FUNGUS. Jesus for Lens! Amen

*img248.imageshack.us/img248/9338/9gd0.jpg
*img36.imageshack.us/img36/6278/khg5.jpg
*img546.imageshack.us/img546/2323/hthn.jpg
*img405.imageshack.us/img405/6527/92ff.jpg
*img809.imageshack.us/img809/5954/sdlh.jpg

sujoyp

Grand Master
hmm thats good

hey guys today I saw amazon.in selling D5100+kit+card+bag just for 25500..thats an awesome deal...grab it

Nikon D5100 16.2MP Digital SLR Camera with AF-S: Amazon.in: Electronics

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
@ Sujoy ,In Kolkata you can easily get the D5100 for Rs 24/25K with the bag and the card at Capital Electronic in Esplanade! The bag is part of the festival. But for online its the best I have seen.

In Amazon I believe the price can be further lowered by Rs 1500 if the purchase is made by an Axis Bank Card....awesome.So thats Rs 23,918 :wink:

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Here after if someone wants to buy a camera cheaper, they are gonna ping you Inci :rofl: You will be asked to procure and courier the product... :rofl:

And from the same seller you can get 1100D (double lens kit) for the same price as D5100.

sujoyp

Grand Master
yes really ...I too want to go to the metro gully near esplanade ...and buy some accesories...but sadly I dont know the route

I am in kolkata 29th evening ...will try to go there

Top Bottom