DSLR Dilemma......

Dr. House

No Regrets
If I do record of 720p and 1080p 30fps videos, how many minutes 8GB can handle?

What about JJC hand straps?

*www.ebay.in/itm/JJC-Camera-Hand-St...ries&hash=item4d0d8eb79c&_uhb=1#ht_500wt_1288

sujoyp

Grand Master
@inci that setup looks good...I will also make something soon :) now I want one too :D

@house ...for recording full HD you will need a class 10 card ...a card with 45MBps write is enough for that

an 8GB card will write about 8 minute of recording 1080p@17MBps (standard) :D but remember a DSLR can take only 10 to max 15 min video at a time. then it need to cool off the sensor before you record again

I think JJC card are fine and known brand

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
JJC is a good brand ,Im using their Lens Hood

For Video check here....Nikon D5100 Review: Full Review - Video

Thanks @ Sujoy.....

Canons Video Compression is pathetic,Nikons is better......

Last edited:

Dr. House

No Regrets
@Sujoy Sandisk 16GB EXTREME SDHC SD memory card class 10 45mbps SONY CANON NIKON COD | eBay
or
TRANSCEND 16GB CLASS 10 SD SDHC CARD FOR CAMERA+LIFETIME WARRANTY | eBay

Transcend is cheaper class 10 card and I guess can record 1080p videos smoothly.

sujoyp

Grand Master
its written on transcend that it can do 20MBps I think it will work ...Sandisk is more reliable although :)

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Sujoy ,of late Sandisk Extreme versions have a high failure rate........the non extremes are good though......and the normal C10 the non UHS-1 works at Class 6 speeds generally for write....:)

sujoyp

Grand Master
no no u read it wrong Dr.....he ment that its 45MBps read speed and write speed is almost half thats 20MBps

@inci yes I too read the failure of sandisk ...in US people are preferring transcend more nowdays

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
^^ Not a good choice ,because its write speeds are still CL6 IMHO. Get the Transcend SDHC 16GB Class10 Memory Card ultra High Speed--TS16GSDU1 | eBay EYES WIDE SHUT......

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
^^ Thats not good the Transcend is better.......

If Sony get this... Buy ( 16Gb Sony SDhc Card Class 10 ). Speed - 94 MB/S . Seal Packed | eBay / *www.ebay.in/itm/Sony-SF-16UX-16GB-..._HDD&hash=item20da17fc8e&_uhb=1#ht_2703wt_964

Sony SF-16UX - THATS THE sku.

hitman4

In the zone
congrats incinerator and dr house for purchase of ur cameras.
thanks to sujoy , nac and all others for there valuable suggestions.
after reading this thread i also would like to jump into more serious photography and i am going to start saving for dslr.

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
^^ Good thought and thank you.......

Dr. House this is the card Im talking about ,The Lexar is also in the same class as the Sony and it came free with the Canon .....The Sony costs around Rs1950 in ebay [now expensive].I can vouch for it that its a great card sine Im using it.Similar Sandisk costs Rs 2699.

*img27.imageshack.us/img27/8241/vpad.jpg

Top Bottom