Who are you?

• Total voters

Piyush

Lanaya
Yes it is free.The game is really fun because there are no auto attacks and every ability needs skill to use.And the Shop thing works similar to League Of Legends.As the game is pretty new so there are not as many GODS(GODS = heroes in Dota2). Surprisingly there are hindu gods too,like Vamana,Kali,Agni etc.,there is Bakasura too,but he is not a GOD, isn't it?

Sounds really interesting. TPS would be eye candy in games like these Is it also a 5 vs 5 match game?

Ramu56

Journeyman
Sounds really interesting. TPS would be eye candy in games like these Is it also a 5 vs 5 match game?
Yes,the cool thing is there are over 5 game modes too.TPS view is very fun because you don't know if anyone is ganking you or not,so the fight will be interesting.

Piyush

Lanaya
Hi DOTAians.. this is a huuuuge post. So brace yourself :p
My honest, sincere, humble, from the core of my heart , <Insert any good word here>..... request to those who are new to dota (for eg. those with matches <100 or gameplay time < 150hrs).

Please read guides, watch some tutorials, spectate some matches and try to play the game with the heroes you know well.
Dont switch to new heroes so quickly. Try to understand the game mechanics, its flow. Its better to learn enemies gameplay instead of trying new hero. One should be thorough with most of the enemies abilities at least so that he dont say after dying "OMG What kinda spell was that/ WTF happened just now/ WOW They are so pro!/etc...".

One needs to be familiar about his role in the game. For eg. I've seen many friends of mine (wont name any) , picking carries even after seeing that we already have 1/2 carries. One thing you should understand, a good team dont have more than 2 carries, even 1 carry is enough. Very few guys pick support heroes, (including me, I'll be playing support from now on ). A team with out support can win iff opponents are noobs too. And try to stay away from hard carries or heroes which require hell lot of farm to shine. Some hard heroes for new players are Anti mage, Templar assassin, Phantom assassin, Doom bringer, Faceless void, Medusa, Spectre, Tiny, Silencer, etc.... .

Try to learn some tricks, basic infos like:

-->Dont get inside creep wave when fighting a team battle. Not only it hampers your accuracy, you also arent able to run away when required.
-->The most annoying one, getting killed one after another. Please remember, DOTA is a team based game. No one can survive 1 vs multiple heroes until and unless situation favors him.
-->Call miss . Tell your team mates before hand if you are in position to gank. Tell your team before hand if you are short on mana.
-->Make sure you listen/ read the chat in game. It helps a lot in setting up ganks OR leaving a place successfully.
-->Those who playing lanes against carries, try to deny and last hit simultaneously as much as possible. Nothing is better than leaving enemy carry starving for gold.
-->For those who like to play with range heroes, esp those with damage over time abilities, try to harass sh!t out of enemy heroes.

Some tips related to heroes:

-->Use tango/QB to get away from congested jungle fights, Nature prophet's Trap.
-->NOT attacking an enemy hero which is already cursed by BANE. I've seen many friends here attacking a cursed enemy from BANE's ability and then sitting idle as a purple balloon. :|
-->When playing heroes like Phantom Assassin (blur passive ability)/ Slark (Ulti passive ability), you can get an idea whether there is enemy hero/ward around you or not. For eg. Slark will lose his speed and health regen bonus if there is any invi hero or ward around him. For PA, she will get blurred.
-->People try to run away from Riki when he smokes. Instead, you should run towards him. Riki is killing machine only when he attacks from behind.
-->Many guys after getting cursed from Axe run here and there. They should try to last hit an enemy creep asap, it doesnt matter if its enemy creep or neutral creep.
-->If enemy side have a silencer, then choose a hero with at least 1 spammable ability so that you can counter his curse. Some heroes suited for this situation are Phantom assassin, Bristleback, Zeus, etc.
-->When against Bloodseeker, always have 1 TP scroll. Its the best and the cheapest counter to his ulti, keeping in account he is alone/ with non-stunners.

And then, there are some techniques to make your gameplay even better

-->Pulling creeps
Its one of the efficient way to yourself in steady farming rate and making enemies starving for it. To put it easy words, pulling the creeps means to attack neutral creeps in such a way that your creeps indulge in battle with them instead of following the usual route. Doing this successfully helps you make more gold while simultaneously making enemy creeps gather around tower. This way enemy heroes cant get gold by killing your creeps, neither they will gain any experience.
To do it successfully, suppose you are on radiant side, then try to hit neutral creeps when clock timer counts X:16 or X: 48. After hitting the camp, run toward tower so that your creeps get indulged with NC.
For Dire side, the timer should have +2 secs in comparison to Radiant.

-->Juking
Its a way to annoy the enemy heroes by running in jungles in such a way that it becomes difficult for them to catch you. It cant be explained in words here, but to do juking, you have to run between to trees, use tango/QB, to make a passage and then making a U-turn in FoW (Fog of War...that darkness around you) . Try checking it on youtube, its a great way of escaping if done correctly.

-->Jungling
A proper Jungler always have Tangos, Quelling blade and Observer wards with him, at least in early game. And there is a particular (more efficient ) way to it neutral creeps. Many of us (including me) keep on attacking NCs while taking sh!tload of damage. But one should maintain the least physical connectivity with all the creeps. For eg. hi one, step back, then hit 1 and step back, something like this.
Moreover, in NC camps, there are certain trees which when cut, makes you protected from 2 creeps, i.e., only 1 creep from the group is able to attack. So it helps in surviving the camp easily.

-->Ganking
Gankers are those heroes who can either make or break a team fight. The game depends on them to great extent. A ganker should be preferred a solo lane or mid. Generally gankers, for eg. Pudge, Night stalker, Storm Spirit, Magnus, etc. go for mid lane so that they can get easy farm, quick leveling and most of all they can go either top or bot to make ganking possibilities. Most gankers prefer bottle with them as they come handy in fights. So it doesnt matter even if you chose Sniper/Drow Ranger/etc., if you team have a possible ganking hero, then give him mid lane by all means, unless he doesnt want to solo.

Similarly there are many other game mechanics that you should be aware of. You should give 30% of your playing time to get these basics mugged up in your brain :D .
Trust me, I've played so many online games, but this game is not your average multiplayer game. This requires skills along with coordination. When I used to play CS, TF2, AoE, RoN, etc... a loss meant nothing to me. But in DOTA, if I lose a "potential winning game", it just set my mood off. And I'm sure its the same with many DOTA players who are playing this game far more than me OR from a long time.

So go read the stuff. Some good source are:
-->Dotafire (for custom made user guides)
-->Youtube channels like DotaCinema, Purgegamers, Xvrogue, etc. for video tutorials
-->PlayDota (Official DOTA forum, good discussion threads)
-->Dotabuff (Best portal to have your DOTA matches and records ). First go to this site, connect it with steam account. After this, open dota game and its settings. select the "share game history to public" in Game tab.

Hope you read it completely :D :)

Piyush

Lanaya
you can also get rid of axe's curse by denying your own creep.

Whoa. didnt know about this. This makes it even more easy to deal with Axe. Arigatou :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Had another great match after a long time. Our team was actually not balanced ( Silkwood not supporting and Slardar not tracking BH). We had out all mid towers gone while they had only 1 of them wasted.
They were dominating pretty much as they had a pro BH, 2 disablers Rhasta and Lion and 2 great tanks Axe and Barathum.
While we had a sad team: Me viper, Sniper, Silkwood (not playing support role, her farm was ridiculous.. Helm, Manta , Heart), Phantom Lancer (Ninno, my friend, whose first item was Butterfly :| ) and Slardar (looked to me like playing DOTA while watching something on TV ).
We were getting ours laid to us very often, no wards/dust for BH, no tracking by Slardar.

But after we managed to get a gem, all of them went crumbling away. I was just slowing each of them sequentially in team fights while Sniper was backing up well. And after an excellent push, they couldnt save their ancient even after buyback.

*dotabuff.com/matches/177772609

sid25290

There's No Age For Gaming
i don't know but personally i think if venge managed to get heart, helm and manta she can carry very well (depends on the time he farmed all that)
venge have very good damage output and can easily kill if supported well.
if venge went carry (semi-carry) viper should play support role, because venge have more team presence in fight than viper.

anyways don't know what's wrong with SEA, getting 500 pings
while getting <200 in us and europe :\

Piyush

Lanaya
i don't know but personally i think if venge managed to get heart, helm and manta she can carry very well (depends on the time he farmed all that)
venge have very good damage output and can easily kill if supported well.
if venge went carry (semi-carry) viper should play support role, because venge have more team presence in fight than viper.

Vengeful Spirit (Actually my friend, playing Dota since 5 yrs) play carries the best. And me on the other hand cant play support role as i find it difficult (since I'm new to the game). So I was expecting him to play default role for Silkwood, i.e., support as we had none in particular. Slardar was a failure.

Btw, pings got normal after 2 AM today.

ghouse12311

Ambassador of Buzz
played skywrath mage for the first time...didn't play this hero in dota1....amazing hero...very powerful nuker (1200 dmg ulti at lvl 3) very effective in early and in late game also...his ulti is not easy to spamm but still great hero...one of my favorites just after 2 game :-D

Piyush

Lanaya
Lost a match yesterday. And this one was hurting the most coz I was effectively aggressive with Lanaya. :(
My team, Me as TA, Drow ranger, Tiny, Slark and Dark seer.
Opponent team: Razor, Sniper, Vengeful Spirit, Troll Warlord and Gyrocopter.

As you can see , they all were range heroes. So ... I'm not sure whether my team mates were not good enough or they were getting harassed too much. Anyways, I didnt get any support and still was way ahead of all of them, both my team and enemies. When I was lvl 21, my team was around 13-14 and enemies were at 15-16. Even my assists were more than team kills. :|

Moral of the story: It doesnt matter if you are in LPQ or not. Dota matchmaking still sucks. Playing in a at least 3 man party is the only viable solution.

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Lost a match yesterday. And this one was hurting the most coz I was effectively aggressive with Lanaya. :(
My team, Me as TA, Drow ranger, Tiny, Slark and Dark seer.
Opponent team: Razor, Sniper, Vengeful Spirit, Troll Warlord and Gyrocopter.

As you can see , they all were range heroes. So ... I'm not sure whether my team mates were not good enough or they were getting harassed too much. Anyways, I didnt get any support and still was way ahead of all of them, both my team and enemies. When I was lvl 21, my team was around 13-14 and enemies were at 15-16. Even my assists were more than team kills. :|

Moral of the story: It doesnt matter if you are in LPQ or not. Dota matchmaking still sucks. Playing in a at least 3 man party is the only viable solution.

Nooo... Yesterday we played a 5 man party. Hunter disconnected, LAW disconnected, so me ganesh and rock was there. Once our score was like 9-0(yes our kill was 9). But still we loose. Me as lancer was defending for long time, but they came up with a strategy and killed me. (clockwerk flair was destroying my illu, then storm bolt came , disabled me after that drow silence + 400 dmg + crit. and m dead). While I was defending someone should push other lanes, as veng and clinkz cannot defend against 4 enemies.

BTW I am liking lancer cancer :p. He is just awesome. If you let him grow it will ruin you. He can farm 2 lanes at a time. If your luck is good, include jungle also.

Yesterday my last game was awesome, laned with kotl and that guy was superb in support. He made a perfectly timed call(one of his spell) to save me, that was amazing. And I need not say mana, he allways refills my mana. In his word after dying in a teamfight. 'A support should do whatever to save his carry. :)'

Sometime pubs seems better.

Piyush

Lanaya
^^Lucky you man. I had a bad day yesterday :D
Played 2 pub matches. One with TA and other one with Viper, both of them are my one of fav heroes. And lost both matches

nims11

BIOS Terminator
played skywrath mage for the first time...didn't play this hero in dota1....amazing hero...very powerful nuker (1200 dmg ulti at lvl 3) very effective in early and in late game also...his ulti is not easy to spamm but still great hero...one of my favorites just after 2 game :-D

one of the best spell caster More than the massive 800 mana ulti, I love all the first three spammable skills.

ganeshnokiae63

Hardcore Gamer
played a PUB match and it was Least Played
me ,lapkiva and kevvkka
First time using Silencer and i know how to play him(Suffered a lot against silencer)
*imageshack.us/scaled/large/6/silencerproforum.jpg
In that Game i take mid lane against two enemies:
Skywrath mage and Sniper
they dont know how to deny and i denied most of the their farm(by harssing them to get away)
and i recommend Silencer For new players in Dota 2
A Small Guide To Silencer
1st ability - reduces mana and health in an Small AoE
2nd ability - can be auto cast
3rd ability -Targetted unit is Silenced and Deals Damage
4th ability -Global silence for 4/5/6 seconds
it should be used perfectly at
1)Your Team initiation to Gank
2)To make your Enemies Flee During their Initiation
Actually he can got of intelligence from using auto cast abilty to kill enemies(2 int will be permanently Stolen from them)
He is a great Jungler when you max out his 2nd ability(most of the creeps have less mana)
Item Build:
1)Get a
*)Null Tailsman and Tango
*)Bottle(600)
*)Power Threads(1400)
*)Shiva's Armour Guard(4700)(Orchid Malevolence's Silence is not advisable,but can be used if You are Hunting One by one using Shadow Blade)
Deals 200 Dmg on active around Big AoE
*)Scythe of Vyse(5675)(used to Turn enemy heroes into Hex for 3.5 Seconds Enough to Gank him)
*)You can spam Your 1 and 3rd ablilties to harass them to avoid them to get Experience
2)Since You are Support(You can do more than that)
Buy Courier and Wards
Buy Mekanism and Pipe of Insight blah blah....
I Dont know How to play Support
If this guide has to be changed feel free to post it

Guys i am having this problem (maybe a bug)
if anyone faced this pls give me some Solution
*imageshack.us/scaled/large/18/2013042400003.jpg
*imageshack.us/scaled/large/803/2013042400004.jpg
*imageshack.us/scaled/large/18/2013042400005.jpg
as you looking You noticed the Wicked Greevil i snaked and Coloured and Semi naked
why this occurs?
if changing Display setings ,it correct the problem?
BTW i am using HD 7770

Last edited:

heidi2521

Padawan
Dota 2 24th April Patch – Content Analysis » Cyborgmatt's Blog

This update contains all the usual stuff about bug fixes, UI changes, backend modifications etc, but the most interesting part was this line:

The courier will be bundled in with the upcoming Half-Life 3 release as a preorder bonus.

Half Life 3 confirmed(or is Valve just trolling)?

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
^Cyborgmatt is a great troll.. His comments lies beneath his pictures. Just hover your mouse on top of the houndeye courier picture, you will get your answer. ;)

Valve never release any '3'.. They stopped at 2.. :p TF2,Portal 2,HL2....!!!

Top Bottom