Journeyman
You can also can get rude in words with us if we do blunder in game :D
its free speech :p
([/QUOTE]

Lol let me humble for now... We'll see later :p

rapusa

Journeyman
this is no click and shoot game.
BTW, regarding your statement about new players: there are two types who have played many games in the form of RPG/FPS and the other new to PC gaming. For the first type I would suggest at first watch more games/youtube videos than playing. For second type no offence but learn how to click, then play with bots then play in multiplayer.
FPS games are popular in Indian gamers but I played CS source around 6-7yrs ago after that played only strategy and online games.All my local friends play only sport games or Action games , most of them hate rpg & rts games.
So if i played FPS means I was poor in strategy game ? NO! I knew difference between FPS/RTS/RPG..etc.
Whenever you play game you don't use skills of old game by default. Obviously you try to learn how to play new game.Same goes for those who are new to gaming. There is no point of dividing new players and also RPG/FPS not the only game genres people play. I played multiple genre games without any trouble.
If one feeds(which is the general case with newbies) then no matter how good other 4 players are 99% chance your team will loose. Cause there are some late game heroes who if farmed cant be stopped.
Dota 2 have training feature now that helps a lot to new player. Previously it was not there so players had to start pub matches to learn and I am sure you did that and start feeding. Even if you learn all basics before starting pub match, you can't easily avoid feeding in early pub matches.Weather someone like it or not but feeding can't be avoided in pub matches. If someone hate feeders then use team matches where you have little chance of getting feeder in match,at least not in your side.I seen some players with old MOBA experience feeding or playing bad. And players I believed to be pros as first were not so good when I observed their matches against real pros(?). So anyone can be feeder when opponent is better or your team have coordination problem. Its funny to see words "annoying noobs" here.

Piyush

Lanaya
Like everyone is a born dota2 pro. I hate this kind of attitude. No offense meant though.

I know what you mean and yea its harsh, thats what makes mmo games community a scary place too.
But almost all of us (those who have been playing game since yr or so) hate only 1 thing : When new players dont like to take advices.
I mean, its ok to be new, its ok to make mistakes once/ twice/ thrice.... but neglecting those advices and getting pwned constantly and then criticizing game is what makes us mad.

Games like cs/ cod/ any other game of such genre dont have much in it. I mean, even if you are playing in an unbalanced team, its still fun. I used to play TF2/COD all day and never complained to players to play good.

But not with DOTA, spending those never ending 40- 50 mins in an useless match is annoying.....very annoying.

I love this :D :D :D

Me too in queue for this.
Will change the distro if its required on the basis of feedbacks (for various distros).

sygeek

Technomancer
I know what you mean and yea its harsh, thats what makes mmo games community a scary place too.
But almost all of us (those who have been playing game since yr or so) hate only 1 thing : When new players dont like to take advices.
I mean, its ok to be new, its ok to make mistakes once/ twice/ thrice.... but neglecting those advices and getting pwned constantly and then criticizing game is what makes us mad.

Games like cs/ cod/ any other game of such genre dont have much in it. I mean, even if you are playing in an unbalanced team, its still fun. I used to play TF2/COD all day and never complained to players to play good.

But not with DOTA, spending those never ending 40- 50 mins in an useless match is annoying.....very annoying.
Does the matchmaking have any kind of algorithm? Like, players with low levels get matched with other players around the same level.

Piyush

Lanaya
Does the matchmaking have any kind of algorithm? Like, players with low levels get matched with other players around the same level.

Yea.. there is an algo behind it. And its getting improved time after time (thats what Valve says and yea, there IS a difference between matchmaking results 1-2 yr ago and these days)

So, yea, you'd be fine even when playing on your own, but I'd still highly recommend you to first play/practice against bots.
Even Valve is encouraging new players to play tutorials/ vs bots first, that they have started giving random items drops (just like public matches) .

And whenever you pot a question here regarding game, I'm 101% sure you'll get answers more than you wished for :)

sygeek

Technomancer
Yea.. there is an algo behind it. And its getting improved time after time (thats what Valve says and yea, there IS a difference between matchmaking results 1-2 yr ago and these days)

So, yea, you'd be fine even when playing on your own, but I'd still highly recommend you to first play/practice against bots.
Even Valve is encouraging new players to play tutorials/ vs bots first, that they have started giving random items drops (just like public matches) .

And whenever you pot a question here regarding game, I'm 101% sure you'll get answers more than you wished for :)
Yeah, I'm playing with bots first these days. The tutorial is actually very good. I thought I would have to read some tutorials online like previous year (which was what put me off back then). Glad that they added it now.

And, thanks all for the advice :D

Bhargav

In the zone
Natus Vincere present DotA2 female team

*navi-gaming.com/news_show.php?news_id=13553

*cs406522.vk.me/v406522575/2b55/dssLXDYON4o.jpg

*cs403620.vk.me/v403620912/b32/tBb3J9B1kZA.jpg

*cs303301.vk.me/u16416992/37812445/z_e5be8bc0.jpg

*cs416619.vk.me/v416619354/1241/cZ9kuQZP91o.jpg

*cs308326.vk.me/v308326747/7148/oMAIygZF8Jw.jpg

:hyper::wub:

Plz don forget to trun on ENGLISH SUBS to know what they are saying

What was the 1st thing you've done after the game was over?
Ans:I've Put off my lucky socks
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
I love this :D :D :D

Me too in queue for this.
Will change the distro if its required on the basis of feedbacks (for various distros).

Good news for you.

Dota 2 Test · AppID: 205790 · Steam Database

about 9 hours ago Added oslist – windows,macos,linux
about 9 hours ago Changed changenumber – 248296 › 248423

about 12 hours ago Changed Depots
205796/name: Dota 2 Test Linux Content
205794/name: Dota 2 Test Mac Content
205796/config/oslist: linux
205794/config/oslist: macos
about 12 hours ago Changed App Config
launch/0/arguments: -game dota -steam
launch/2/description: Play Dota 2
launch/1/description: Play Dota 2
launch/2/executable: dota.sh
launch/1/executable: dota.sh
launch/2/config/oslist: linux
launch/1/config/oslist: macos
launch/0/config/oslist: windows
launch/0/description: Play Dota › Play Dota 2

PLATFORM

Added support for Mac OS X
Minimum Mac OS X Requirements:
OS X Lion 10.7 4GB RAM, 4GB Hard drive space. nVidia 320M or higher, or Radeon 7000 or higher, or Intel HD 3000 or higher
Added support for Linux
Minimum Linux System Requirements:
Ubuntu 12.04, dual core from Intel or AMD at 2.8 GHz, 4GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 8600/9600GT, ATI/AMD Radeaon HD2600/3600 (Graphic Drivers: nVidia 310, AMD 12.11), OpenGL 2.1, 4GB Hard Drive Space, OpenAL Compatible Sound Card
Mac and Linux support is early and experimental. They will be remain in Dota 2 Test until the testing phase is complete. For reporting bugs, please see the Dota 2 GitHub at *github.com/ValveSoftware/Dota-2/issues For community discussion of the Mac and Linux versions head to the Dota 2 Dev forums at *dev.dota2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=447

Last edited:

Piyush

Lanaya
Played night stalker :) 2 matches won both
Suggest me a good build

ganking / support build:
Urn, phase boots, BKB,Skull basher (turned into abyssal) Heavens Halberd, HoT

carry build:
Phase boots, Vanguard, Helm of Dominator (turned into Satanic), Skull basher( " " ), Armlet/ Heavens Halberd

You can try many other items too, those were my personal preference^^

Some other interesting items I've seen on a good NS player
Arcane boots
Sange and Yasha
Euls Scepter of Divinity (that perma 30 movt speed bonus makes him even more devastating and not to forget that 2.5 secs disable. This item is for those who prefer other boots instead of phase boots)
Hood of Defiance (when there are many magical damage dealers in enemy team. I too once made it when Zeus, Tinker and Gyro were in same team)

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Yeah, Started the download yesterday. Strangely, the download restarted today :/

Are you downloading test client? Main client have not been updated yet. It will be tonight or tomorrow. Better start downloading on Sunday-Monday. Because expect little patches because of some minor bug fixing, So for this small amount of download your entire download will be restarted.

nims11

BIOS Terminator
Are you downloading test client? Main client have not been updated yet. It will be tonight or tomorrow. Better start downloading on Sunday-Monday. Because expect little patches because of some minor bug fixing, So for this small amount of download your entire download will be restarted.

I think the Main client will take some time, so I am trying out the test client.

Looks like Techies will have to wait. Abaddon is coming.

considerable time will go on reviewing abaddon once it is introduced in main as it is a popular hero. Also, Legion is following after that as well .

Top Bottom