Who are you?

• Total voters

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
OK and what would be the length of the video ?? Any idea about that ??

It will be a feature length documentary.

From the link :

Free to Play is a feature-length documentary that follows three professional gamers from around the world as they compete for a million dollar prize in the first Dota 2 International Tournament. In recent years, e-sports has surged in popularity to become one of the most widely-practiced forms of competitive sport today. A million dollar tournament changed the landscape of the gaming world and for those elite players at the top of their craft, nothing would ever be the same again. Produced by Valve, the film documents the challenges and sacrifices required of players to compete at the highest level.

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
I am thinking of arranging a tournament amongst tdf players. If we get atleast 4-5 team(25-30 player), we can arrange a tourney. Can we make it?

Problem will be creating team for this. As we know almost every one, so forming teams will be difficult. Any idea on this? I was thinking about lottery, but team balancing will be an issue.

Piyush

Lanaya
Great idea. First lets see how many are interested and will turn up during the matches. We now do have enough players, no?

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
I think so, I am sure number of players are 15+. And to make sure of the attendance, there will be entry fee. So that no one ditches at last minute. And the total amount of fee will go to prize pool. Fee will be a rare item or an uncommon , that can be decided later.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Anyone here running Dota 2 on Linux? I am trying to run Dota 2 from Linux Mint since my Windows ATi drivers are giving me some trouble, however, when I run I get the error "Please install S3TC Texture Support". What else do I need to install?

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind, I fixed it.

I used "force_s3tc_enable=true steam" to start Steam and then it ran. Lot of performance issues under Linux though.

Niilesh

Padawan
^ Vincentvalentine runs it on linux. his TDF username is nims i think

- - - Updated - - -

Played DOTA 2 after quite a long time....Still played well I guess. :)
*s3.yimg.com/so/7369/12677841355_d3c6d2906e_b.jpg
Vangaurd on drow :lol:
Edit: Did you get your BoT in the last minute?

Last edited:

nims11

BIOS Terminator
I used "force_s3tc_enable=true steam" to start Steam and then it ran. Lot of performance issues under Linux though.

True, but it is getting better with updates. The only significant issue I get is too much time spent on loading screen (around 30-60s) .Also ATI under linux is known to give a little trouble with steam games.

- - - Updated - - -

Played DOTA 2 after quite a long time....Still played well I guess. :)
*s3.yimg.com/so/7369/12677841355_d3c6d2906e_b.jpg

why two boots? o_O
You can sell tranquil after mid game.

sygeek

Technomancer
True, but it is getting better with updates. The only significant issue I get is too much time spent on loading screen (around 30-60s) .Also ATI under linux is known to give a little trouble with steam games.

- - - Updated - - -

why two boots? o_O
I guess he bought BoT near the end of the game and forgot to sell tranquils.

gameranand

Living to Play
Edit: Did you get your BoT in the last minute?

Not last minutute but didn't sold it as I wasn't buying BKB because of less money and so thought that better to keep it till I get the money but game ended before the money arrived. :D
why two boots? o_O

Yeah I know but didn't had that money to something else so kept it.

I guess he bought BoT near the end of the game and forgot to sell tranquils.

More or less. :)

Top Bottom