Who are you?

• Total voters

sygeek

Technomancer
I dont really understand how MMR actually works but one thing is true for sure. The quality of matches have improved so much. Ever since that update, I have won many as compared to the losses. Previously I was behind 14 matches in order to get 50% win rate. But now I have an advantage of 12 matches.
Mine has decreased. Previously, I was 18 matches behind, and now I'm 38 matches behind. I win 1 in every 4 matches or so. I think this has to do with queuing with my 1600mmr friend.

Niilesh

Padawan
Mine has decreased. Previously, I was 18 matches behind, and now I'm 38 matches behind. I win 1 in every 4 matches or so. I think this has to do with queuing with my 1600mmr friend.
25% win rate? you definitely need to improve it. play snowballers when queuing with your friend to improve your chances of winning

Last edited:

Piyush

Lanaya

For what I've observed, you play pretty well, taking into consideration the fact that you are a fresh dota player. What you can do is that play with max friends in a party in order to avoid random players with low mmr.

sygeek

Technomancer
25% win rate? you definitely need to improve it. play snowballers when queuing with your friend to improve your chances of winning
DOTABUFF - Dota 2 Stats - FusionX

I was at 49% once. Snowballed as storm spirit - lost, snowballed as gyrocopter - lost. The last 2 matches I was lagging so ignore those.

I'm losing a lot of matches these days so I stopped playing ranked until I can figure out the problem. In unranked matches in pubs, I play in trash tier.

I think the problem in pubs is uncoordination. We can finish matches before 35 min if we push but they like to delay the game. So if during early game we have an advantage (1 or 2 supports in our team and that is when I ask for it during hero selection) unlike other team of 5 carries. But since everyone wants to increase their KDA and not push, the game goes past the 50 min mark and we are outcarried. I literally beg for everyone to stick and push but everyone wants to passively farm or increase their KDA and feed.

Although I'm not saying that I'm better than them, I suck too.

I gotta say, during my ranked calibration matches I was matched with people of above average tier and the difference in the quality of games was amazing.

Last edited:

Niilesh

Padawan
DOTABUFF - Dota 2 Stats - FusionX

I was at 49% once. Snowballed as storm spirit - lost, snowballed as gyrocopter - lost. The last 2 matches I was lagging so ignore those.

I'm losing a lot of matches these days so I stopped playing ranked until I can figure out the problem. In unranked matches in pubs, I play in trash tier.

I think the problem in pubs is uncoordination. We can finish matches before 35 min if we push but they like to delay the game. So if during early game we have an advantage (1 or 2 supports in our team and that is when I ask for it during hero selection) unlike other team of 5 carries. But since everyone wants to increase their KDA and not push, the game goes past the 50 min mark and we are outcarried. I literally beg for everyone to stick and push but everyone wants to passively farm or increase their KDA and feed.

Although I'm not saying that I'm better than them, I suck too.

I gotta say, during my ranked calibration matches I was matched with people of above average tier and the difference in the quality of games was amazing.
well if you didn't already know you may try this -
When you play with random people appreciate them for even small things and don't call noobs noobs and tell them what they might have done, if you are doing good there is a high chance they will listen. keep the team chat alive. It might help coordination.

sygeek

Technomancer
well if you didn't already know you may try this -
When you play with random people appreciate them for even small things and don't call noobs noobs and tell them what they might have done, if you are doing good there is a high chance they will listen. keep the team chat alive. It might help coordination.
Actually, I do this every game. In fact I'm the only guy who contributes to the 80% of the chat. I do commend people in chat all the time but then occasionally there will be a guy who'll say that I talk too much.

Even if we have 90% chance of losing and someone says gg I try to keep up the team morale and then one teammate says in all chat, "lol FusionX thinks we can win. report pls"

gamer.geek

Broken In
@sygeek Same thing is going on with me too. The 1st day, when I had just got my MMR, it was 2530, but I lost hell lots of matches cuz of dumb Singaporeans. And consequently, my MMR has dropped to 2290 only :'(. So, Can we play some games together cuz we have almost same amt. of matches played. This ranked MM is totally crappy; particularly in my case, and seems in your

ghouse12311

Ambassador of Buzz
@sygeek Same thing is going on with me too. The 1st day, when I had just got my MMR, it was 2530, but I lost hell lots of matches cuz of dumb Singaporeans. And consequently, my MMR has dropped to 2290 only :'(. So, Can we play some games together cuz we have almost same amt. of matches played. This ranked MM is totally crappy; particularly in my case, and seems in your

i started with 3560 mmr and now my mmr is 3456 and games are just as crappy.... to play with better team mates i think u need >4k mmr...

sygeek

Technomancer
Yeah, I think we should play together, add me up on steam.

Bhargav

In the zone
Yes Steam is down I was in game wid Vegeta,Fang it was going so goood Fang was owing wid pudge n i go dc then i cant connect back :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Piyush

Lanaya
LC LC LC all the way,just 4-5 more wins and it might be the top 3 heros of mine :)

You are actually winning with LC???!?! Whenever I see you playing or you play with us, you make us lose the game :lol:

Yes Steam is down I was in game wid Vegeta,Fang it was going so goood Fang was owing wid pudge n i go dc then i cant connect back :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Its so sad that I lost last 7 matches out of 11 coz of team DCs :cry:

So I wont be playing Dota till the maintenence is done

Wasn't there a scheduled maintenance?

SEA server maintenance is due on this weekend

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
You are actually winning with LC???!?! Whenever I see you playing or you play with us, you make us lose the game :lol:

Its so sad that I lost last 7 matches out of 11 coz of team DCs :cry:

So I wont be playing Dota till the maintenence is done

SEA server maintenance is due on this weekend
Yes :| Ask Bhargav 97% of the matches with bhargav I won

Top Bottom