ithehappy

Human Spambot
Yes I own a desktop.
CPU-Pentium 4.(God knows its frequency)
RAM-256MB
GPU-Intel Integrated.
PSU-God knows.
Ignorance or lie.

If it's the former then the validity of this topic is accepted. Unbelievable how someone has a desktop and doesn't even know the frequency of the CPU or what PSU it has, and then even more crazily the falling / poor attempt to establish plus factors of a laptop over a desktop. It's like someone is trying to teach about elasticity but he doesn't know what is Physics or have any idea about it. Ironic. :facepalm:

If it's the latter, then there's nothing new or surprising in it.

The problem nowadays is people construct their own opinion, however ridiculous that is, and think it's a fact. Lack of maturity actually.

This topic should be locked. However this is not the worst topic in Digit, so it might flow for a little while too.

So keep jibber jabbering till it lasts.

Last edited:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Lol I'm guessing he was being sarcastic :lol: Whatever it was funny though , thread was also nice while it lasted

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
i would agree one has a desktop and he doesnt know what frq his cpu is and what psu then he has no right to debate here.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
i would agree one has a desktop and he doesnt know what frq his cpu is and what psu then he has no right to debate here.

It's not here with me. It's in my other home lying around with some packaged stuff which I never bothered to open after my family's transfer from yet another state.
Tl;Dr it's complicated.

tanmaymohan

Geek v1.0
I use desktop for running servers,downloading, and low end gaming. Monitor is still CRT but I can manage running 2012-13 titles on it at low reso.
i3-2120. Oh here's the freq. : 3.3ghz
4gb ram
Intel hd2000

RBX

In the zone
Looks like everyone here wants computers just for gaming. Laptops are great for studying/work.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
one really good point in favour of laptops or specifically netbooks is, they are light and can run full windows and have a 5 hr battery life. my 5 year old lenovo netbook runs like a breeze on xp. i think 11.6 in is the best size offering great portability. 15 in lappies are a waste imo if u already have a desktop and are not travelling frequently

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
So in the final analysis...
For stable gaming PC>laptop>console.
For gaming on the move(college,school,vacation,hotel,office,airport,train,airplane)
Laptop>>>pc/console(non-existant)
For exclusives console>>pc/laptop
Performance(without budget):pc>laptop>>console.
Budget:console>Pc>laptop.
As you can see it all depends on one's lifestyle and the platform doesn't matter as long as one game's.
As Min Liang Tan said, instead of ripping ourselves (gamers) apart into fragments, gamers should unite as one.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
desktops still rule at workplace. Sale won't stop or drop
actually, just remembered that some workplaces are moving computing to cloud and giving laptops only to employes.

riturajsharma19

Broken In
For serious work it has to be the desktop for me. I haven't needed a laptop of late. For portability and casual browsing, I have found my iPad to be the best companion.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
mods kindly close this thread. this true bandwidth wastage even if its free (office net :p)

I am not saying that desktops are bad, they just impose too many restrictions on you. If you feel like playing in another room, you can't. If you feel like gaming on the move, you can't. Desktop gamers have to wait the entire day and dream about gaming on their uber systems after reaching home but while laptop gamers can take out their weapons anytime for a quick kill or two.

i say, i will wait out the whole day patiently to go back to my lil cove and switch on my desktop to game in all its glory. its worth the wait.
and a quick kill or two is all you'll get, coz after that you'll be running around for the charger point.

Desktops will always be infinitely more upgradable and powerful(in the same budget) than laptops but laptops are next gen thingies and I think the gap between laptop and desktop components in terms of performance is decreasing and soon laptops will take over. :grin:

try getting a laptop with the power equivalent to a i7 + titan anytime soon.

- - - Updated - - -

and for those screaming about gaming on the move, i dont think you have taken out your prized gaming lappys out of your home much.

and even if you have, have you really played it "on the move"? like in the bus/car/rickshaw/train/whateva??

no?

and i bet before starting a prolonged gaming session, you plug your charger [the laptop's] to the plug point, make sure its charging.

yeah??

well sh!t. you got an inferior desktop on your hands.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
mods kindly close this thread. this true bandwidth wastage even if its free (office net :p)

i say, i will wait out the whole day patiently to go back to my lil cove and switch on my desktop to game in all its glory. its worth the wait.
and a quick kill or two is all you'll get, coz after that you'll be running around for the charger point.

try getting a laptop with the power equivalent to a i7 + titan anytime soon.

- - - Updated - - -

and for those screaming about gaming on the move, i dont think you have taken out your prized gaming lappys out of your home much.

and even if you have, have you really played it "on the move"? like in the bus/car/rickshaw/train/whateva??

no?

and i bet before starting a prolonged gaming session, you plug your charger [the laptop's] to the plug point, make sure its charging.

yeah??

well sh!t. you got an inferior desktop on your hands.

What about vacations? If you go out then will you wait 2-3 weeks for your "cove"?

Alienware 18 and Euromcom's top model should cost around 1.8 lakhs(excluding import). Both have GTX 880m SLI which is 10% more powerful than the old TITAN. Eurcom even packs a desktop core i7 4770K CPU whereas AW has the core i7 4960XM. That's "i7+titan" equivalent performance. Now considering the total cost of both my laptops, which is round about to 1.8 lakhs, if I were in US one of these could have been in my hands now(But I doubt I'd like something that bulky).

Trains have plug points so you can easily game while in them. Hell even some buses have them too. rickshaw o_O seriously? Oh wait, a rickshaw in Bangalore provides wifi service inside it(google it, there's a TOI article on it), that will probably have plug points inside it too. I have played games in my car too. xD You can actually play quite respectably while on battery.

In some laptops such as Alienwares and Blade, I think you can play with full performance for an hour or two(on blade).

- - - Updated - - -

more than 90% of people who use computers aren't gamers! they don't need a desktop.

There are 1.5 billion gamers in the world btw.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
There are 1.5 billion gamers in the world btw.

why do you think facebook paid 19billon ?

ok i will stop being arrogant and give some info.. :D

its mobile where its at..I have met many game developers, mobile dev far outnumber PC..
unity3d is a super hit.. most games are played on mobile and not pc...
i am a game engine developer myself and being in this industry, i know exactly what's happening!

also hav seen the regret in eyes of game engine developers who were late to mobile party.. read unreal, crytek and my own team ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom