Do you own a desktop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snap

Lurker
:sigh: people trying to justify their choices and arguing about silly points rather than answering to posts made by whatthefrak, cilus, harshil etc basically this thread is summed up by whatthefrak's posts. Stop the silly arguments :\

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Even though alienwares are overpriced, people dream about them and not lenovo gaming laptops. That was my point.

- - - Updated - - -

:sigh: people trying to justify their choices and arguing about silly points rather than answering to posts made by whatthefrak, cilus, harshil etc basically this thread is summed up by whatthefrak's posts. Stop the silly arguments :\

Nah he's a desktop fanboy.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't need any justification for my purchase, what grieves me is how much people underestimate laptops.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
What about vacations? If you go out then will you wait 2-3 weeks for your "cove"?

if i am on Vacation, technically, i would be on leave from my daily life. and my daily life includes gaming.

so yeah, if i am on vacation, i would take a leave from gaming too.

if you play on your vacations too, you need to take a break, IMO.

Alienware 18 and Euromcom's top model should cost around 1.8 lakhs(excluding import). Both have GTX 880m SLI which is 10% more powerful than the old TITAN. Eurcom even packs a desktop core i7 4770K CPU whereas AW has the core i7 4960XM. That's "i7+titan" equivalent performance. Now considering the total cost of both my laptops, which is round about to 1.8 lakhs, if I were in US one of these could have been in my hands now(But I doubt I'd like something that bulky).

Trains have plug points so you can easily game while in them. Hell even some buses have them too. rickshaw o_O seriously? Oh wait, a rickshaw in Bangalore provides wifi service inside it(google it, there's a TOI article on it), that will probably have plug points inside it too. I have played games in my car too. xD You can actually play quite respectably while on battery.

In some laptops such as Alienwares and Blade, I think you can play with full performance for an hour or two(on blade).

at that cost i'd get a desktop many times more powerful and which would last longer and look better.

i dont think you'd play on the train with your 1.8L whateva lappy. :) so chill.

- - - Updated - - -

I had a desktop four years ago, but now I have a laptop.

this post is the most On Topic. well done!!

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
if i am on Vacation, technically, i would be on leave from my daily life. and my daily life includes gaming.

so yeah, if i am on vacation, i would take a leave from gaming too.

if you play on your vacations too, you need to take a break, IMO.

at that cost i'd get a desktop many times more powerful and which would last longer and look better.

i dont think you'd play on the train with your 1.8L whateva lappy. :) so chill.

Your idea of gaming is is 2-3 hours continuous. Mine is 15 mins. As I said before, in the end it depends on your lifestyle. I don't think anyone needs a break from that kind of gaming. It's very easy to play on trains imo.

Inceptionist

Journeyman
Wow, this was a difficult to read thread.

Desktops will be always better than Laptops, period.

Desktop + Tablet is way better combination as it gives you best of both worlds.

> First of all, you are posting in wrong section. Second, what is the purpose of this thread?

> Reasons for choosing desktop over laptop:

1. upgradibility
2. better configuration in same price
3. same configuration is much lower price
4. more processing power at same price
5. customizability
6. much longer warranty period than any laptop
7. can be modded
8. overclockability
9. easier to cleen
10. failure of one component can be quickly and easily compensated by replacing it with temporary part while orignal part is repaired
11. much better ergonomics

(Tell me if you want more points)

> Reasons for choosing laptop over desktop:

1. portability

I still haven't seen any post which addresses points raised here.

snap

Lurker
Your idea of gaming is is 2-3 hours continuous. Mine is 15 mins. As I said before, in the end it depends on your lifestyle. I don't think anyone needs a break from that kind of gaming. It's very easy to play on trains imo.

hmm...

anirbandd

Conversation Architect

:rofl:

lifestyle. :rolleyes:

i thought you said you had high power in your eyes.

pity, being a gamer.

- - - Updated - - -

I still haven't seen any post which addresses points raised here.

after all one cant argue against a fact.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
:rofl:

lifestyle. :rolleyes:

i thought you said you had high power in your eyes.

pity, being a gamer.

Actually I played almost the whole year last year and my eye sight improved by 10%. So yeah, how did this even land here ? :-?

- - - Updated - - -

> First of all, you are posting in wrong section. Second, what is the purpose of this thread?

> Reasons for choosing desktop over laptop:

1. upgradibility
2. better configuration in same price
3. same configuration is much lower price
4. more processing power at same price
5. customizability
6. much longer warranty period than any laptop
7. can be modded
8. overclockability
9. easier to cleen
10. failure of one component can be quickly and easily compensated by replacing it with temporary part while orignal part is repaired
11. much better ergonomics

(Tell me if you want more points)

> Reasons for choosing laptop over desktop:

1. portability

1.purpose:All out war between laptops and desktops.

Reasons for choosing gaming laptops:
1.upgradabilty.
2.customizabilty.
3.Can be modded.
4.overclockability
5.Easy to clean.
6.Great Ergonomics.
7.Portable

Point 2,3 and 4 are almost the same.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
Even though alienwares are overpriced, people dream about them and not lenovo gaming laptops. That was my point.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah he's a desktop fanboy.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't need any justification for my purchase, what grieves me is how much people underestimate laptops.
u shld consider before posting................

nomad47

Cyborg Agent

So for 15 mins gaming one would buy a 1.8 lacs laptop. Hmmm. Interesting!!!

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
i mean if the guy isn't saying anything doesn't mean that you can say whatever to him............... @mods plz consider this post...........

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
u shld consider before posting................

It's the harsh truth.

- - - Updated - - -

So for 15 mins gaming one would buy a 1.8 lacs laptop. Hmmm. Interesting!!!

It's 1 lakh and I do other stuff in this.

- - - Updated - - -

i mean if the guy isn't saying anything doesn't mean that you can say whatever to him............... @mods plz consider this post...........

I mean come on it's absolutely clear that the guy hates laptops.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
It's the harsh truth.

- - - Updated - - -

It's 1 lakh and I do other stuff in this.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean come on it's absolutely clear that the guy hates laptops.

Still that doesn't mean you or any one else has right to call him names......

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
If i were a mod u would hav received a warning by now............

- - - Updated - - -

calling him a fanboy?

fanboy:One who likes something very much?

- - - Updated - - -

Is it wrong to be a fanboy?

- - - Updated - - -

Let's continue here:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/fight-club/183288-desktops-vs-laptops-better.html#post2104124

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
fanboy:One who likes something very much?

- - - Updated - - -

Is it wrong to be a fanboy?

- - - Updated - - -

Let's continue here:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/fight-club/183288-desktops-vs-laptops-better.html#post2104124
i dnt think there is anything left for discussing......... laptop were specially constructed keeping portability in mind so both desktop and laptop serve their purposes......

ok just one more thing i wana ask do u hav a desktop(except the one u mentioned p4)?

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
i dnt think there is anything left for discussing......... laptop were specially constructed keeping portability in mind so both desktop and laptop serve their purposes......

ok just one more thing i wana ask do u hav a desktop(except the one u mentioned p4)?

Nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom