Do You Get Pissed Off At Others' Ignorance ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
Re: Do You Get Pissed Off At Others' Ignorance ?

Yes every day & every minute :cry:, pisses me off & I just say 2 myself
eh Damn ! I met another fool :|

then all over again I start to explain/teach them problems pertaining to the issues.

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
this like "a person running inside bus saying hes in gr8 hurry"
lol

here most of ma friends asks me "how much ram does this game needs" and say ive 2GB ram nd will try it. But ive gone tired saying it wont run on mere ram. It needs a GPU. Then they ask-wat ram is for then? eh

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
Well, this is a nice thread. Though I agree that lot of things frustrate us, we sometimes just can't compare the 'geekiness' inside us to other people. How will a pirated DVD seller know about lossy compression? DVD is a DVD for him and no matter what you tell and teach him, he'll ultimately be selling DVDs telling other naive people that all the movies will be in DVD clarity. The same goes with iPod. Any mp3 player that has been designed to look like an iPod will be sold as an iPod for people who can't really afford. It's a poor man's iPod. He doesn't care if it is the real thing or not. He wants his music and he gets it.

I've again heard a million times about kbps and kBps. Lot of people expect that you are supposed to get the full download speed from any server, no matter what. If they don't, the ISP sucks :lol: I've also seen people buy dual core CPUs, HDs with huge storage capacity, only to play Freecell, Solitaire, Minesweeper and store few documents.

There's one thing which is still fresh in my mind. One of my classmate was approached by her friend for a suggestion to buy a PC. Whenever a conversation regarding technology comes up, my ears are perked up :p So, I thought I would just listen to the conversation. I was getting bored anway. Here's how the conversation went:
1->"Hey, I heard you bought a new PC, could you please give me the configuration?"
2->"Yeah. P4 CPU(no mention about motherboard), 40GB HD, 256MB RAM, 128X CD drive, monitor, etc.
1->Cool. How much did it cost?
2->I think 24k. I'll confirm the price for you tomorrow.

Can you imagine a 128X CD reader????

In another incident, the same girl asked one of her juniors to install MS Office for her!!!!!!!!!!!

She's an Information Science Engineer(so am I :p) Now, she works for HCL and I'm jobless :lol: How do you like that? ;)

It will be fair if one of your 'know-it-all' friends tries to act smart with you and you win the argument and you can compare him. Not everyone.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
In another incident, the same girl asked one of her juniors to install MS Office for her!!!!!!!!!!!

She's an Information Science Engineer(so am I :p) Now, she works for HCL and I'm jobless :lol: How do you like that? ;)
She got the job done. That's what boss wants :p

hullap

Cyborg Agent
one more thing i remember.
one of my friends said to another friend " u know which WINDOWS hes usin,LINUX" and my other friend started laughing and i was laughin @ what T159 said ^^^

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
I wanted once to buy a 5-in-1 DVD of Harry Potter. When I went to the local pirated movie seller, he gave me the pirated version of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. It had 5.1 surround sound written on it. I told him that its 5.1 surround sound and not 5-in-1 DVD that I want. But he insisted. He insisted that it indeed is 5-in-1. It constantly pointed at the 5 and the 1 and completely ignored 'surround sound'. Needless to say I shot him in the face with my shotgun and then castrated him, took his kidneys and sold them.

My friend once give me a cd of Windows FD and said its and advanced version of Windows which hasn't even come out in marked yet and if i install it my computer will be super fast! Again I did the same thing to him as the cd seller.

Yeah of course i get pissed off at ignorant noobs's ignorance.
yesterday,i was removing my GPU.I dont want SLI coz i got NU plan from this month and SLI would need a lot of power and create heat.So,i opened up my cabby and started teh good work.Then i planned to take some snaps of my mobo,proccy etc to show it to one of my frnd who knows a bit abt pc's and is not an ignorant noob.
I showed those snaps to some of my supernoob frnds and they asked 'ye kya hai?'i told em this is a processor.one of them said 'wo kya hota hai?'
They dont even know processors,height of noobiness!!
Then ,my local hardware vendor.I went to him to buy a PC game,he told me that he assembled a C2D PC for someone with 8600 GT.
i asked him abt the price of 8600 GT ,he told 7200!!!!!god save the poor buyer!!
then abt proccy ,he told 2.2 Ghz proccy(seems ok) didnt ask abt the price .
i enquired abt the performance of crysis,he told highest settings pe chalti hai.i was just like ROFLMAO
he told that 8800 seris is crap and C2D is better than C2Q coz that bugger doesnt know what C2Q is and 8800 series crap?????then he told that 8800 GS is crap.Now tell me where the hell on this planet i can find 8800 GS???
My frnds dont even know what GPU is!!!!
When i tell em abt linux,they say'ye koi nayi windows hia?'
They think that RAM effects net speed.In that case i shud get at least 10Mbps with my 4 GB RAM!!
BUGGERs

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Its the unwillingness and sullen attitude of people to learn anything related to technology that irritates me most, even when i try to help them.

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
Newbs that are open to learning new things are OK; but newbs who think they are tech-kings are a huge pain in the arse, neck, head, everywhere.!:twisted:
Its the unwillingness and sullen attitude of people to learn anything related to technology that irritates me most, even when i try to help them.
You just put words to my feelings.! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom