Do You Get Pissed Off At Others' Ignorance ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

expertno.1

Technomancer
more : -

in cyber cafe commonly where i used to go .....he has blocked IMDB (internet movie databse ) after seeing me browsing it .
the cafe wala thinks its the worlds largest site for downloading movies and blocked the port by the help of an engineer .

i told him its only a database site gibing movie info .....and he says "yeh to internet movie database site hai isme movie sab hoga kyonki database hai na !"

OMG

Thanks
Regards.....
Expertno.1

another one:

my friend thinks that as long as a software is opensource, it is substandard, because "Otherwise nobody will release it for free". he says this without ever understanding the meaning of opensource, and uses this arguement to tell that Linux and OOo(two things he never ever used) will suck compared to his "High End" Windows XP with Office XP.

hard_rock

Salieri Family
I'l not get pissed of by their stupidity. Instead I laugh at their stupidity.
One such thing that i've seen is that, when you are writing in ms word, they hit ctrl+s atleast 5 times so that it may not save the document,even though that saved icon at the bottom.
Another misconception i've seen is, my friends hit ctrl+alt+del harder when computer hangs, so that it recovers back faster. The harder they hit, the faster it will recover. he he. :)

expertno.1

Technomancer
and one of the music nest shopkeeper keeps 15-20 files download at a time and says "sab file jaldi ho jaayega ek saaath download mein chalu kar diyen hai"

LOL

Thanks
Regards.....
Expertno.1

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
I'l not get pissed of by their stupidity. Instead I laugh at their stupidity.
One such thing that i've seen is that, when you are writing in ms word, they hit ctrl+s atleast 5 times so that it may not save the document,even though that saved icon at the bottom.
Another misconception i've seen is, my friends hit ctrl+alt+del harder when computer hangs, so that it recovers back faster. The harder they hit, the faster it will recover. he he. :)
:lol: ROTFL....

Is this thread about making fun of the ignorant people?!? :D :))

and one of the music nest shopkeeper keeps 15-20 files download at a time and says "sab file jaldi ho jaayega ek saaath download mein chalu kar diyen hai"

LOL

Thanks
Regards.....
Expertno.1
its true actually. If the bandwidth each site offers you is limited, then you won't utilise your full download potential unless you are also downloading some other file. Same applies to torrents. If one torrent is too slow, don't wait for it to complete and start another one. This way, you won't waste time.

PS: guess you too can join him now in the cyber clown club
:lol: ROTFL....

Is this thread about making fun of the ignorant people?!? :D :))
indirectly yes.

expertno.1

Technomancer
its true actually. If the bandwidth each site offers you is limited, then you won't utilise your full download potential unless you are also downloading some other file. Same applies to torrents. If one torrent is too slow, don't wait for it to complete and start another one. This way, you won't waste time.

PS: guess you too can join him now in the cyber clown club

indirectly yes.

i dont think softpedia , download.com offer low bandwidth !
as he usually downloads from those

Thanks
Regards.....
Expertno.1

i dont think softpedia , download.com offer low bandwidth !
as he usually downloads from those

Thanks
Regards.....
Expertno.1
they do. Unless you use a download manager, the download won't be fast. (because download managers split file to multiple parts and take multiples of the alloted bandwidth)

praka123

left this forum longback
My God!! People love to call themselves geeks! :D I, for one, run away from this tag. I'm not a geek! No ways...

exactly.I am NOT a geek!I am not into programming,sitting 24/7 infront of PC's finding how to hack something :lol:

reg the threaD:well,n00bs and not-so tech-savvy ppl are not dedicated onto these subjects.so their ideas may be wrong.
I dont care for someone who says "windows is pc" etcetra :D

legolas

Padawan
My God!! People love to call themselves geeks! :D I, for one, run away from this tag. I'm not a geek! No ways...
Is there any ways, you confused between GEEK and NERD? I guess you are a geek? :lol: Ergo the definitions from dictionary.com Some of you fall in the 2nd definition??? :D

1. a peculiar or otherwise dislikable person, esp. one who is perceived to be overly intellectual.
2. a computer expert or enthusiast (a term of pride as self-reference, but often considered offensive when used by outsiders.)
3. a carnival performer who performs sensationally morbid or disgusting acts, as biting off the head of a live chicken.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
more : -

in cyber cafe commonly where i used to go .....he has blocked IMDB (internet movie databse ) after seeing me browsing it .
the cafe wala thinks its the worlds largest site for downloading movies and blocked the port by the help of an engineer .

i told him its only a database site gibing movie info .....and he says "yeh to internet movie database site hai isme movie sab hoga kyonki database hai na !"

OMG

Thanks
Regards.....
Expertno.1
LOL! He blocked IMDB by blocking an entire port?! :D

Head Banger

Journeyman
Great thread by ts.One of my friend thinks that pirated game CD's offer poor quality graphics(poor fella don't know that his system is outdated),but when i proved him wrong,he said that was a chance.Atleast he is buying orignal stuff because of his ignorance. :lol:

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
Thats what i am here for ;)

that happened with me in the "325 + songs thread ...." i almost got tired of making him understand the basic reasons and he always thought it from another point ....uuuuf

anyways here is my intopic :D :-

1. the cd-dvd local shopkeeper has dvd's .......in which one dvd has 6 movie ....like dvd comes 6in1 and blahblah but all are 4.8 gb ones .

whenever i tell him that the picture quality is poor .....he says bhaiya its dvd quality !! see its DVD !! OMG OMG

2 . he also converts that 6 movies dvd into single cds and upon asking quality of picture he says "bhaiya yeh sab to DVD se copy kiya hua hai DVD quality hai "

and then I DIE :mad:

more i ahve in my mind ......will be posting wait.....

Thanks
Regards.....
Expertno.1

ha ha ha
same here...

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
I know many people who still thinks that Pentium 5 Exists. And when I ask them , why don't the companies advertise it or include in their models, they'll say "Oh! Ye to abhi US mein release hua hai, India mein aate aate 2 saal lag jayenge!!".(Oh!It has been released only in US. It'll take 2 more years to come to India.)....I have had many long arguments on it.........still they think P5 will be released in 09.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Without reading the entire thread,

Most user are naabs because Windows made them like that, especially in India. Apparently, BillyG's dream of a pc in every home(read Windows in every home and their money in my bank) has made more naabs than proper computer users. Oh yeah, I hate them with all my kith and kin, I don't try to teach/preach them for any reason, I like to remember them as naabs and laugh at their titbrains.

What's wrong in geek? Yes, I'm a geek, I love being one, screw them all, I'm what I am and quite content with it.

ok, we needn't be full time geeks(doing nothing ecept computers) to know something.
for example, I am a tech guy, an author, a chess player, a guitarist, a science lover, a chef and a good friend at the same time.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
What you know is what you have had experience with or probably read about. Not every Tom, Dick and Harry is blessed with the the abundance of knowledge that probably any of you random snobbish posters have in this thread. You get pissed off cause they do what exactly? They address a mp3 player as an iPod. Can you even hear yourself?????

I bet you haver gone to a doctor after taking those self prescriptions or probably fell off a skateboard or whatever ..... Its this one elitist attitude that I SO hate in the OSS community.

PS. I could go through this whole thread and nitpick HALF the things said here and prove it was wrong or what you said was technically incorrect.

blackpearl

The Devil
The rate at which computer is penetrating into the Indian homes does not match the rate at which people are learning. For most people owning a PC has just become like owing a TV. Everybody seems to buy one but nobody knows how to operate it. 90% of them can't diffrentiate between a CPU and a UPS.

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
Aaaaargh! dont even get me started on getting pissed of at 'dumb' smart asses.

one of the hundreds on incidences happened when i was visiting my relatives just after passing my B.t CSe degree in 2004. They had purchased a computer for their children who were school kids. Unfortunately they were having problems with their explorer in the super stable windows 98. it kept crashing. They asked me to take a look and out of respect i did. But as almost everyone knows how difficult it is to eliminate such a problem, especially in some one else's pc. I tried the usual suspects, namely, virus scan, scandisk, empty temp, reinstall IE from the net etc.. but still it kept crashing so i tried to explain to them that it is not a easily correctable problem and the whole OS would need to be reinstalled which would take lots of time and i didnt have that much time.

my mami ji replied in her sweet knowitall tone - "Humm. to tumahri computer engineering ko kya faida hua?" :mad: :mad: :mad:

she didnt herself even know the relation between the mouse and the pointer on the screen. only thr kids used the pc to surf and mail.

i felt like insanely mad at that time and almost started with all the f words. i myself at that time wasnt much an expert. after all u all know how different what we learn in college and what we practically do in real life is.

many such 'mad' feelings have happened to me on numerous such incidents of various circumstances. Now i just dont care.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom