Digit Patron Helpdesk: Everything you wanted...

Status
Not open for further replies.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
There should be an option where we should be allowed to post digit patron code for previous months also. Consider it seriously.

It_is_Andrew

Broken In
hi everyone,
well.... i redeemed my patron gift for first time,i asked for understanding databases fastforward... but unfortunately it turned out to be totally different thing than i expected it to be & hence useless to me :( .(regarding the contents).
Can you please provide a little more description of the contents of the cds or even the magazines. than merely a picture & a title :x that is currently provided, where it is very difficult to guess what actually is in the cds or the magazines contents.
Even if you guys say it is not possible to update the website we can atleast hav a thread here in the forum with a little more detailed descriptions :?: .
Please seriously think about it. :)
Thanks.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
It_is_Andrew said:
hi everyone,
well.... i redeemed my patron gift for first time,i asked for understanding databases fastforward... but unfortunately it found out to be totally different thing than i expected it to be:( .(regarding the content).
Can you please provide a little more description of the contents of the cds or even the magazines. than merely a picture & a title :x that is currently provided, where it is very difficult to guess what actually is in the cds or the magazines contents.
Even if you guys say it is not possible to update the website we can atleast hav a thread here in the forum with a little more detailed descriptions :?: .
Please seriously think about it. :)
Thanks.

Very good suggestion indeed.

deadmanrulz

Broken In
Hey guys i forgot to get my new dvd cos i was away.... i mean the april dvd will i get it ??? if i send my code today or tom

rapheal_angelo2005

Right off the assembly line
Problems Problems And Lots Of Problems

Question One. Is that i am subscriber of digit and i still don't know my subscription number my address is flat k-4 saurabh II shalimar garden Extn-2 sahibabad U.P. please can you tell me my suscription number
Question two. what happenned to the contests that were shown in the feb issue the results of some contests are still not shown
Question 3 . What about the present issues contests whenever i try to open the site there is allways only one reply page not found
Question four.when i tryed to send the mail to takeacrack@thinkdigit.com there was an error and the message came the mail delivery failiure.
SO WHEN AND HOW WOULD THESE POBLEMS GET SOLVED PLEASE REPLY

upendra_gp

In the zone
My name is Upendra.I redeemed at Digit Patron for the august 04 issue.I got an email from Digit Patron but the email was BLANK! tell me what to do?

vivek.virgo

Journeyman
Gift : Fast Forward - Understanding Databases

I sent an email to digitpatron@jasubhai.com about my gift but got no reply so posting it here:

To: The Digit Patron Team

Thank you for sending the Gift : Fast Forward - Understanding Databases

However, I was totally disappointed after running the CD ...

The CD is an old one - Is Digit trying to dispose off old stock through Digit Patron? - it still mentions the old chip-india website.

It covers only MS Access and that too Access 2000 which is pretty old considering that it's been 5 years and there are 2 newer versions - XP & 2003 - available.

The level of info is at the newbie level at the start which is ok but it remains right there even at the end which is definitely not ok. There's not much that's not available in any standard Access book / tutorial for beginners.

There is no description of the gift available on the website to indicate that it covers only Access making one believe that it is about all the major database packages which is what made me request this title as I am keen on learning all about databases. There's so much more content you could've included esp. from the net.

I would prefer you take back this gift and give me something else.

Thanks,

Vivek

It_is_Andrew

Broken In
Re: Gift : Fast Forward - Understanding Databases

vivek.virgo said:
I sent an email to digitpatron@jasubhai.com about my gift but got no reply so posting it here:

To: The Digit Patron Team

Thank you for sending the Gift : Fast Forward - Understanding Databases

However, I was totally disappointed after running the CD ...

The CD is an old one - Is Digit trying to dispose off old stock through Digit Patron? - it still mentions the old chip-india website.

It covers only MS Access and that too Access 2000 which is pretty old considering that it's been 5 years and there are 2 newer versions - XP & 2003 - available.

The level of info is at the newbie level at the start which is ok but it remains right there even at the end which is definitely not ok. There's not much that's not available in any standard Access book / tutorial for beginners.

There is no description of the gift available on the website to indicate that it covers only Access making one believe that it is about all the major database packages which is what made me request this title as I am keen on learning all about databases. There's so much more content you could've included esp. from the net.

I would prefer you take back this gift and give me something else.

Thanks,

Vivek

i had the same problem & surprisingly wid same gift ... thats y i posted b4(jus few posts up) requesting a detailed description of gifts(either in website or forum)... but noone seemed to bother :( .......

It_is_Andrew

Broken In
rohanbee said:
why dont you pm one of the mods and ask for help!!
well this is the sticky post of digit patron helpdesk they r supposed to regularly look here?! either they dont or they think its useless idea & doesnt deserve a reply. :(
no offence meant just annoyed.

ycr007

Broken In
rohanbee said:
why dont you pm one of the mods and ask for help!!
Alternatively you can Call Ghazala at the Digit Office.She's the Digit Patron Helpdesk Co-Ordinator.(It says so in the mag)

rapheal_angelo2005

people does the digit helpdesk eam ever read these posts cause mine had not been replyed to since several days
whats the idea in putting up a forum like Digit patron Help Desk Every thing you wanted when they don't even reply to the problems we put up

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
I have won Enjay Thin Client contest in Digit Carnival feb.

MOD EDIT: Personal details removed.

I have not received my prize yet nor and confirmation letter was sent to me. Even mail about April DVD was not sent to me.Lavan Joy, me and many other people have not got their prizes. So i kindly request u send the prizes.

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi Team Digit!
U said that da patron program is for ppl who really want 2 enrol themselves in it. so haven't u thought abt ppl who read digit n want 2 b enroled in it but don't hav a net connection at home or students who r in boarding schools, getting da mag, want 2 be enroled, but they don't hav any net connection on their comps n also not allowed 2 step outside of da school except during vacations or when their guardians want 2 b dun so. How can they get da prize for being a loyal reader?

satan

DIGIT is like MARUTI in Customer Services. Simply The Best

:wink: Its wonderful that DIGIT accepted its default in April issue's DVDs. Its hard toaccept things that u have screwed up. But DIGIT guys have done it n they really deserve an appreciation for that.I have applied for the new DVD.Hope i get it but even if i dont, I will always be a loyal reader of DIGIT coz itz simply great.No dout about it. No second thoughts. :D. Oh one last thing. The LINSPIRE iso file that u provided in the may issue is not working properply even if i burnt a image disc out of it. I have spoilt two cds on it n still no results. Can u guys help me out bout this.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
even my june 2005 code is not working .. looks like u guyz have screwed up again. i have already emailed from the digit patron website for help but no reply till now :evil: ... plz help , my sub code is M002533 and email is singhaniamohit@gmail.com and guyz i think u better stop printing the damn magazine with goof ups every month. thanx.

Aijaz Akhtar

Journeyman
I forgot to enter my June code this monyh. I thought that I did and sent the magazine to US with my wife who went there and will deliver it to my son when she meets him in July, as presently she is with her sister and then my daughter. And she is not computer/net savvy.

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
well , yes

i agree with many people above

patron system should should be automatic for subscribers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom