Digit Patron Helpdesk: Everything you wanted...

Status
Not open for further replies.

vysakh

Padawan
i redeemed for a gift on november 17th and some days later i got an email saying that my gift has been approved. got the gift very next day

DKant

In the zone
Just a small question...do we have to redeem all our points at once? Or can we redeem as many as we want, whenever we want?:?

tuXian

In the zone
Digit Patron Helpdesk said:
Yup, absolutely. All that you need to bear in mind is one Digit Patron account, one code. Which means you could have any number of accounts as you please as long as you have unique codes for each account. That's it. You cannot use one code for all the accounts. That would just be tooooo simple, won't it? :p

my neighbour an old man also purchases digit but never enters his code so can I enter my code as well as his in my account.?

naveenchandran

In the zone
Code:
my neighbour an old man also purchases digit but never enters his code so can I enter my code as well as his in my account.?

YES! That is valid!!

rohanwadhwa

Broken In
:arrow: I think Digit Patron should add more items/mags in the redemption gifts list. I also suggest they start giving free subscriptions of Digit itself through the patron programme. for eg. they can give a 3mth sub for 250-300pts as it suits them. I think that would be better and specially for those who dont like anything else to be redeemed.

:lol: :lol: 8) 8) :lol: :lol:

Patron guys. are you listening ? :?: :idea: :?: :idea: :?: :idea: :?: :idea:

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
naveenchandran said:
Code:

YES! That is valid!!

Well.. You can enter the code only ONCE in your account .. You could enter the other code in another account of yours .. But I dont think its ethical ...

tuxfan

Technomancer
Well.. You can enter the code only ONCE in your account .. You could enter the other code in another account of yours .. But I dont think its ethical ...

From where does ethics come here? If you have access to 2 copies, you should be allowed to enter the code twice. Simple.

What if I actually buy 2 copies per month? I may be having a lots of staff in my office for whom I buy 2 copies a month. Can I not enter the codes for both the copies? I am extra loyal to Digit that I buy 2 copies!! :D I feel that keeping a restriction on only one code a month is not right :)

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
tuxfan said:

From where does ethics come here? If you have access to 2 copies, you should be allowed to enter the code twice. Simple.

What if I actually buy 2 copies per month? I may be having a lots of staff in my office for whom I buy 2 copies a month. Can I not enter the codes for both the copies? I am extra loyal to Digit that I buy 2 copies!! :D I feel that keeping a restriction on only one code a month is not right :)

Hmm.. Do you really think people are that loyal ..? And will it be called loyality ..??

Anyways ... The point of discussion was that the guy wanted to enter a code that he hasnt bought himself .. That isnt ethical .. Is it ..?

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
When will the winners of December Digit Patron Code Enterers announced? May be in next month's Digit I guess. No information abt that from you Digit guys.

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
Also, why most of the redeeming options include your old issues or of Computers Art Special. Now can you tell me if this is to reward loyal Digit readers why the hell you put your own old issues there? This is the most ridiculous thing I must say. Put something more meaningful there so that one can really be benefited and rewarded to be a loyal & true Digit Patron. Though as you people are reclusive now and only comes here to post a new entry or to make an already existing entry sticky. No replies are given to people. What say Raabo huh?

tuxfan

Technomancer
it_waaznt_me said:
Hmm.. Do you really think people are that loyal ..? And will it be called loyality ..??
I just gave you an example where actually 2 or more copies could be bought!! So duscussion here is about the system of allowing only one code per month. That is not what it should be. If you give rewards for loyalty, give extra rewards for extra loyalty!!

it_waaznt_me said:
Anyways ... The point of discussion was that the guy wanted to enter a code that he hasnt bought himself .. That isnt ethical .. Is it ..?
I agree on the actual scenario of entering code of a copy you haven't bought yourself. It surely is unethical and I wouldn't do it (because it is unethical and because I don't care ;)). But then lots of things in life are unethical anyway. Isn't it? :)

nedun_cheran

Broken In
It is nice to Seeee... Our beloved Digit introducing lot many schemes to make everybody the proud owners of some or few electronic/Computer gadget owners. But it should choose the right Supplier. Long back it choosed to offer DVD-RW. I too send the money (one among the greedy reader) to catch the offer. But till today, nearly 4 months passed. No sign of DVD-RW. Even I have send more than Half a dozen emails, to both Digit gurus and Tech pacific to no avail. Not even any reply from Tech Pacific. Now God only knows, When it will be delivered. Any body got any clue?....

ycr007

Broken In
well, it is a long time since the patron programme has started but the
gifts n prizes haven't changed yet.How abt including some hardware,
accessories etc?? When u ppl can give away Thumb Drives for
Pic/Quote/caption of the week then whatz the matter in giving them for
loyal Digit readers??? Other than those, other small accessories like
Mice Pads with "Digit Patron" emblazoned on them, T-Shirts,Caps (Like
agent 001's) Keypad Covers,Monitor covers, CD cases, Towers etc would
be alternatives worth considering....

Another quite pertinent point is that you have among the gifts, old issues
of Digit and some Specials & Skoar as well. But Don't u think that ppl
who are Loyal to digit and enrol in the patron programme will already
be in possession of those issues??? This is akin to rewarding Bhakts
with some more Bhakti instead of Prashad :twisted: :wink:

BTW whatz the point in keeping Brittanica as the Top Prize when you've
given one free. (Altough it is a scaled-down version).Hope you'll consider
these suggestions.

tuxfan

Technomancer
ycr007 said:
well, it is a long time since the patron programme has started but the
gifts n prizes haven't changed yet.How abt including some hardware,
accessories etc?? When u ppl can give away Thumb Drives for
Pic/Quote/caption of the week then whatz the matter in giving them for
loyal Digit readers??? Other than those, other small accessories like
Mice Pads with "Digit Patron" emblazoned on them, T-Shirts,Caps (Like
agent 001's) Keypad Covers,Monitor covers, CD cases, Towers etc would
be alternatives worth considering.....

WOW!! Lovely suggestions. I second them. :) Lets see some better rewards in Patron. Let there be some more motivation to enter it month after month ;)

rohanbee

Padawan
True the rewards need to get better as suggested in the above posts........this will inspire us more to feed in the code monthly.........

..............Also by the way what exactly is all this feeding in going to achive .............
:arrow: that we read digit till the last page............?
:arrow: just a chance to make us visit the digit website regularly?
:arrow: prmotion

someone please make me understand the logic to all this????

ultima

Broken In
I also think that the gifts be bit innovative! :lol:

Hardware is always good option 8) :)
Even you can give very low-priced or very good discount for products
if not free :idea: 8)

Aijaz Akhtar

Journeyman
No code for me this month

This month I bought my copy of the Digit late. But to my surprise, min my copy, the Digit Patron code sticker is not placed. The copy was sealed in the poly cover all right, and it so appears that the sticker was never affixed as there are no traces of the possibility of its having been removed!! So what now?

DKant

In the zone
Just a q, will it be possible to change my patron id? The mail id I use to login is my Fastmail account's, and I want to shift all my mailing ops to GMail. So,can the patron id be changed?

tuxfan

Technomancer
Check out some earlier replies. It is not possible to change your id. Of course you may start from scratch at a new id. No one stops you from doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom