Digit Patron Helpdesk: Everything you wanted...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, there are some of us out there who have very little clue on what to do if they get stuck with a problem wrt their Digit Patron Accounts (those of you who have no idea of what this 'Digit Patron thing' is all about, check out the bottom of the last page of Digit and get tuned in!)

To know about the Digit Patron Program, from everything to anything, from forgotten passwords to username changes to redemption issues or then to whatever else bothers your sense of calmness in life, there is hope! :D
First control the urge to fire off emails to n number of people all over the place because that only adds to the delay for you to get a response and secondly, do the following:

Just log on to www.thinkdigit.com/digitpatron, click on the "Help" tab and send us a mail detailing your problem and leave the rest to us. We'd love to hear from you and help you of course. :p

tuXian

In the zone
This should be made an announcement or sticky and posted in Digit Discussion Section also and

the name Digit Patron should be visible in the subject.

ultima

Broken In
I have already written to digit patron, regarding mail-d (user name)
change and i got reply that its not possible!! and i will have loose all points from that a/c :( :? :shock:

But you are telling there is still hope :!: :?

Should i write about this again or there is no change regarding that answer :?: :(

Also, as i had given my company mail-id, when i leave this company
the mail-id becomes useless. So i get to loose patron points. So i think its not even worth entering anymore. If i loose mail-id i loose everything.
This is so stupid!
Or is it possible to have the same mail-id as log in but
you can write to me at different mail address ??

tuxfan

Technomancer
Just one question to Digit Patrol Helpdesk.

Why are subscribers not getting automatic credit for patron? I feel that is something so obvious. Secondly, that will also stop one menace. There are a few newsstand owners who subscribe and then sell the copies in open market. No one bothers to read the words "subscriber copy, not for sale". If such copies do not have patron codes, no one will buy them!!

Any answers?

vysakh

Padawan
i redeemed the sept version of digit. how can i enter the code printed in that mag? is it possible??
expecting a +ve answer

Well, for one, the Digit Patron Program is not specifically designed for subscribers. It is a program for all readers of Digit and that includes all our readers who buy their mags from the newsstand. It is a Program which is designed to reward the loyalists, the true Patrons of Digit, irrespective of whether they are subscribers or non-subscribers, both these groups of readers are treated at par.

Secondly, we would like to keep the criterion for membership to the Digit Patron Program completely voluntary.What this basically means is that we would want those readers (subscribers) who are truly interested in this Program to enrol themselves as Patrons rather than thrusting this onto every subscriber.

So, I hope you are now able to get a better understanding as to why the points procedure is a non-'automatic' system. :)

Hi Vysakh and all the other forum members reading this!

Here's a simple little request guys...

Instead of posting your personal specific queries on the forum here, please e-MAIL your specific queries to the Digit Patron Help Desk. That is the whole reason for the existence of the Help Desk, please don't take that away. :(

Anyway to answer Vysakh's query, very simply.
No.
September is long gone and so are the codes for that month. Till the midnight of 31st Dec 2004, one can only enter codes for Dec, from the Dec issues only.

:)

Yup, absolutely. All that you need to bear in mind is one Digit Patron account, one code. Which means you could have any number of accounts as you please as long as you have unique codes for each account. That's it. You cannot use one code for all the accounts. That would just be tooooo simple, won't it? :p

ultima

Broken In
Just great ! Can it get any better :( :shock: :twisted:

See this is what happened when i clicked the link
you provided in the thread!!!

-----------------------------------------------------
We're sorry, but we were unable to find the page you requested.

Please try the following options:

• Check the URL you entered to make sure there were no typing or copy-and-paste errors.
• If you clicked on a link inside Digit, please send a message to pagenotfound@jasubhai.com

Digit also has a powerful search feature:

• If you're looking for information on a specific product, a recent news story, or even a general topic, enter your keyword into our search box (above). Digit does not support Boolean queries.

Digit's Home Page is a gathering of the best Digit has to offer:

• If you still can't find what you want, try heading to Digit's Home Page. It's a compendium of our various site sections, our magazines, breaking news, Digit services, and the best features from our site.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11314
------------------------------------------------------------------

So what should i do now ?

ultima

Broken In
why have n't you mentioned about how many points i have secured automatically after logging in ???

There is no provision to view currently how much points available to be redeemed !!! :( :shock: :?

It is very nice if you could make a thread for "Patron" instead of individual mail. So that everyone can see similar problems and avoid repeating mails and also if someone makes a good suggestion, may be people might approve and make similar request which you could incorporate.

And hope it is not to hide the problems by being viewed openly by all!!!

tuxfan

Technomancer
Digit Patron Helpdesk said:
those readers (subscribers) who are truly interested in this Program to enrol themselves as Patrons rather than thrusting this onto every subscriber
It is not superimposing anything on anyone. If they don't want it, they will not redeem the points or not register at all!! But I wonder who wouldn't subscribe for something in which they are likely to get a few free things. This is India. :D No one will miss anything that would increase the value for money. :) Automatic credit will save subscribers from the trouble of two things:
1. Going to the site and entering it
2. Credit miss in case they forget it. You can see the number of people asking for getting hold of missed credit.

Afterall, subscribers are the people who are not only loyal, but are also committed to the loyalty by paying in advance. Right? :)

Digit Patron Helpdesk said:
It is a Program which is designed to reward the loyalists, the true Patrons of Digit, irrespective of whether they are subscribers or non-subscribers, both these groups of readers are treated at par
Absolutely. Treat all at par as regards credit of 20 points per issue and also about items of redemption of points. Keep all of these same. But if subcribers can give their subscription numbers while registering for patron, I still feel they should get automatic credit. Of course, it will be some task for Digit Team to link and consolidate both the databases. But it would then by very convenient.

ultima said:
There is no provision to view currently how much points available to be redeemed
There sure is a way. Just look around the page after you log in and enter points. Its a little small font, but it is surely there.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
He is referring to the link you posted above in your first reply .. The link is dead cauz it have an "," in the URL tag ...
Digit Patron Link is the working link ..

And btw ..

Instead of posting your personal specific queries on the forum here, please e-MAIL your specific queries to the Digit Patron Help Desk. That is the whole reason for the existence of the Help Desk, please don't take that away

I beg to differ here .. This is the essence of having a forum .. so that if many people can get the reply at once if they are having the same problem ..

And you can choose "Notify me when a reply is posted" option in the thread if you want to keep track of this thread ...

KHUBBU

Journeyman
harmax said:
I VOTE FOR AUTOMATED PATRON CODE LOG IN FOR SUBSCRIBERS

LETS HAVE A POLL AND DECIDE

count my vote also.

Digit u got this idea of patron from our feedback only. I started a topic " loyalty bonus for subscribers". we gave u such a great idea free of cost u cant make this system automatic. i know that its not a difficult job but u are just shrugging it off covering it up in the name of equality. plz do think about this we give u advance payments ensure ur sales so that u can experiment with "the new looks" without much risk. give us some credit.

tuxfan

Technomancer
Lets wait for the reply from Digit Patron Helpdesk to my points and to the rest of us as well. No point in repeating our demand if its not heard. Right? :)

Patron Helpdesk, where are you? We all are waiting for your response!! :D

ultima

Broken In
" IT WASn ME" was correct.
I clicked the link directly, then figured out that comma is the reason for the error message.

And again i agree with him on having complaints in this forum itself.

And also to have automatic points update for subscribers :eek: :) :!:

elumalai

Broken In
when the winners for 2 LG PC, 2 Cell phones, Cordless mouse etc. will be announced?????

I didn't find anything about that in Digitpatron page.....

aadil

Right off the assembly line
digit patron careless

i had redeemed for a my 80+10 points for digit vintage and 101 tools for designers cd at digit patron on october 3 but i still haven't received anything. can anyone help. :? :? :? :? :( :( :eek: :eek: :eek: :twisted: :twisted: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom