Dell Inspiron 1520 review

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarecrow1981

Right off the assembly line
hey guys, need some help.....

I just ordered a Dell 1520 with the core 2 duo T7250 with 2 gb ram and 128 mb graphics on 31st oct.

The very next day the prices were slashed and my cheque hadnt even reached. i called up dell and they said they will cover up the price difference by upgrading either my processor to the T7300 with 4 mb cache or the graphics to the 256 mb card for free.

Which would be a better option?

Thanx a lot in advance.

Sourabh

Laptoping
Of course, the T7300 processor. But you should've gone in for the Nvidia 8600M GT GPU in the first place. 8400M GS is just not good enough for the new games.

gunzz

Broken In
Guys! Dell has gone better - latest released prices for Inspiron 1540 show a phenomenal decrease!! Good that I waited :p

How long does the delivery take at Delhi?? Just cannot wait for 15 days post order :( as some have reported!

alwynrozario

Yup.. Digging it!!!
gunzz said:
Guys! Dell has gone better - latest released prices for Inspiron 1540 show a phenomenal decrease!! Good that I waited :p

How long does the delivery take at Delhi?? Just cannot wait for 15 days post order :( as some have reported!
I placed an order on 24-Oct & my delivery date was 13-Nov. But, I got it deliverd on 6-Nov :p. It still comes to 13 days:???:.

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
alwynrozario said:
I placed an order on 24-Oct & my delivery date was 13-Nov. But, I got it deliverd on 6-Oct :p. It still comes to 13 days:???:.
Awesome! Your laptop was delivered before you placed your order!! :D :D Talk about efficiency! hehe...

Btw, I guess the waiting time has increased. Its been 24 dayz and my fren is still waiting for his 1520.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
juggler said:
r u sure??
because in most forum it is stated that it does not work in India
yes it work.I called dell toll free number..and they gave me latest offer which was mentioned in the news paper.

This offer is valid till 16th NOV., I think this is deepawali offer.

Best go with dell 1520 current offer.Also dont forget to upgrade to Vista Home premium, because, Aero theme is available only in premium edition of windows Vista...and need only Rs. 1500/- extra.

Also, If possible upgrade the graphics card.

alwynrozario

Yup.. Digging it!!!
infra_red_dude said:
Awesome! Your laptop was delivered before you placed your order!! :D :D Talk about efficiency! hehe...

Btw, I guess the waiting time has increased. Its been 24 dayz and my fren is still waiting for his 1520.

;) Thanks for correcting dude...

scarecrow1981

Right off the assembly line
while talking about efficiency, my laptop got shipped with the wrong processor............am fighting with dell now.....:)

juggler

In the zone
ravi_9793 said:
yes it work.I called dell toll free number..and they gave me latest offer which was mentioned in the news paper.

This offer is valid till 16th NOV., I think this is deepawali offer.

Best go with dell 1520 current offer.Also dont forget to upgrade to Vista Home premium, because, Aero theme is available only in premium edition of windows Vista...and need only Rs. 1500/- extra.

Also, If possible upgrade the graphics card.

what is the offer they r giving??
I couldn't find time to read the news paper

juggler

In the zone
Confusion:

at dell.co.in there are 2 variants of Inspiron 1520 which can be customised
one with Intel(R) Core(TM)2Duo Processor T5250 as default processor
other with Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo Processor T7250 as default processor

when i am customising both of them to the same config ie
T7250 processor
160GB hdd
2 Gb ram
8600GT graphics card
9 cell battery

etc etc

the final price is coming different
There is a difference of about Rs.4000 or so
Hows this possible???
am i missing something??

juggler

In the zone
~Phenom~ said:
^^obviously . different processors have different prices.

that not the point
the thing is that both vesion when configured to same hardware ie same processor ram etc they had different prices

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
oh sorry , strange. But I can only only see one 1520 link there , the other one is 1420, r u looking 1420 as the other one ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom