Dell Inspiron 1520 review

Status
Not open for further replies.

juggler

In the zone
~Phenom~ said:
oh sorry , strange. But I can only only see one 1520 link there , the other one is 1420, r u looking 1420 as the other one ??

chk this link

*dellstoreroa02.sg.dell.com/public/catalog.jsp?c=IN&sid=62215957&uvst=04007819407158041

and the screenshot

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
^^hmm got it. Dell always has such kinda problems. You can configure your same system from different links and different ways and can get as many as 10 different prices. LOL. Exploit it to your benefit . :)

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
^^me too want to know as I am planning to order one targus trademark backpack. someone please reply...

scarecrow1981

Right off the assembly line
has anybody had any experience with their lappy being shipped with the wrong cpu. For me, they sent the t7250 instead of the t7300. now they say that i have to wait for the laptop to be delivered and then ask for a replacement. so, its gonna take me 1-1 1/2 months to finally get it.

any other options left for me? please lemme know......

Sourabh

Laptoping
scarecrow1981 said:
has anybody had any experience with their lappy being shipped with the wrong cpu. For me, they sent the t7250 instead of the t7300. now they say that i have to wait for the laptop to be delivered and then ask for a replacement. so, its gonna take me 1-1 1/2 months to finally get it.

any other options left for me? please lemme know......

Yes, you will have to wait. I was told that when they have the right laptop ready with them, they will ship it to you. And only then, you have to pack the old laptop and send it over to them at their office. That ensures you don't have any downtimes. Plus the shipping charges are borne by them entirely. Contact the Dell representatives for the confirmation. But, yeah you would surely have to wait that long. Are you happy with T7250? You could always ask for refund (on the price difference). See what they have to say about it, considering they have to go through a lot of pains, they may throw a good deal at you.

scarecrow1981

Right off the assembly line
Sourabh said:
Yes, you will have to wait. I was told that when they have the right laptop ready with them, they will ship it to you. And only then, you have to pack the old laptop and send it over to them at their office. That ensures you don't have any downtimes. Plus the shipping charges are borne by them entirely. Contact the Dell representatives for the confirmation. But, yeah you would surely have to wait that long. Are you happy with T7250? You could always ask for refund (on the price difference). See what they have to say about it, considering they have to go through a lot of pains, they may throw a good deal at you.

Thanx.

They arent ready for a refund. They say that they will give me freebees, namely software and stuff. But I already have legal copies of office/antivirus. So they said that the only thing thay can do is replace it. The lappy hasnt even crossed customs. im trying to tell them to send it back at this stage itself. but they dont listen.

Last edited:

Ash HFZ

Techno Enthusiast
The reason why they show different prices is because you can configure your laptop from different base configuration and you cannot downgrade any of them....

So I think it is better ppl try out the configuration from both the links and choose the best priced one.... My 66k 1520 config was priced at 70k when I choose the another link with a lower base config...

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
Re: Dell Inspiron 1520 laptop review

*img237.imageshack.us/img237/84/untitledur4.jpg

is this right??

my cousin's 2.2ghz laptop with everything better than this gives a windows rating of 4

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
Hi,
I have cancelled the order of my 1520 for Rs.65000 today which I placed on 7th nov. reason is I m getting the same config at 60K now. Will be placing the new order soon. :)

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
yeah , But had to wait another 25-30 days to get my lappy. :-(
Also, will have to have to wait 20 days to get my money back. So, It feels both sad and good for same thing. :-|

alwynrozario

Yup.. Digging it!!!
Hi guys... I need little clarification. I had ordered for 160 GB HDD. My C drive capacity is 40 GB but my D drive shows only 106GB. I'm wondering what happed to rest 14 GB. Does system files require 14GB??

**picfront.org/d/JZoWe2Sv/CDrive.jpg

*picfront.org/d/wBgaSuC2ZS/DDrive.jpg

Please clarify... Thanks!!!

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
this laptop is damn cool

i wish i buy this soon as my PC is real old
192 MB RAM , PIII 1 Ghz PC
And Yes My PC Has A CD ROM !!!
no dvd rom or cd rw

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
Update: I placed the new order of Dell 1520 today at 60,000. I think I will get my lappy and money of previous order back at around at same time. :-|

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
~Phenom~ said:
Update: I placed the new order of Dell 1520 today at 60,000. I think I will get my lappy and money of previous order back at around at same time. :-|
I pray you get ur dream lappy soon.You have taken enough time to make final decision...n posted so many times about ur dream lappy. :p

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
@ravi_9793, yeah I know I have posted 986987884750 number of times on this forum for my queries about Dell 1520. hehe. :D But thats because I have never worked on any lappy before and was not knowing anything about them. And I waited so long because I was not in immediate need of it, hence waited to get reduced prices. and it has paid well. My config when i began hunting for it , was costing 74000 on dell website but now i got the same in 60000 but had to wait 2 months but i think it was worth it.
My config is :
Intel T7250
Vista home premium
Nvidia 256 MB
2 GB RAM
Midnight blue
3 year complete cover
9 cell battery

I apologize to all I have bothered while taking my decision to buy this lappy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom