Dell Inspiron 1520 review

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
thanx for replies. i am already going for 2 GB ram , so should I go for T5250 or T7250 , provided that I want my system future proof for next 3 years.

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
^^^ sorry for the mistake... the t5xxx core 2 duos run @ 667 mhz FSB
and t7xxx run @ 800.... i guess im right...

but all t7xxx have the same FSb and all core 2 duos have same instruction set, hence no difference in multimedia department as such...

Benchmarks do show differences but these are not related to real life usage

u can expect at maximum ~10 % performance difference between t7300 n t7100 in REAL WORLD performance.....

Benchmarks are mostly exclusive to hardware you are testing but real world performance takes all into consideration and THEREFORE IMO, u wont feel the difference........

get t7100 and 2 gb ram...

alwynrozario

Yup.. Digging it!!!
~Phenom~ said:
@alwynrozario, u said proccy is t7300 but then it should have 4 MB cache , please check if u have placed order of T7250 or T7300, later is 4000 costly.
Oop's my mistake, its T7250 & not T7300. Thanks for pointing that out.

I also plan to upgrade my ram to 2-3 GB in next 3-4 months.

Besides, please somebody tell me if this is a fair deal @ 60K???

debiprasad_sahoo

Web Junky 2.0
~Phenom~ said:
^^i think yes u can.
They are asking for arround Rs. 600 for partition into C & D. I want to partition the hdd into 5 or 6 drives, so that I can run Vista, XP and a linux distro. If I do it myself, will it void warranty? If any user has bought this and done similarlly, then they can help me from their experience.

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
Hi, just checked their dell website . my customised 1520 which was earlier showing Rs. 74,655 is now Rs. 69,786. Wow.
Now. officially they are saying the prices will be revised on 2 nov . So , should I wait till 2 nov (hoping further decrease in price) or shall I place the order today only( becoz the current price decrease may be becoz its end of month, and prices may go up on 2nd nov )prices ??? Please Please Please help...

I have decided following config:
Intel C2D T7250 2.0 GHz
Vista Home premium
3 Year Complete Cover
15.4" widescreen WXGA 1280*800 display with truelife
2 GB RAM
Integrated sound blaster audigy advanced HD audio software
Nvidia 8600 GT 256 MB
160 GB SATA HDD
8x DVD writer
Midnight Blue color
9 cell battery

Link on dell site : *www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/category.aspx/notebooks?c=in&cs=inbsd1&l=en&s=bsd
Please reply...

Pathik

Google Bot
I wd say get it now.. Cos b4 also there was a reduction in price followed by a increase.. Cant be sure tho

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
hi , thanx for reply. Just called dell to place order. But sad news for me . they are saying that as the price on the website has decreased , they will not offer the discounts they were offering to me earlier. so the price remains the same for me i.e. 67 k. :-( donno what to do ????

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
EDIT:
I have just placed the order of same config . thank u all for all ur help.:)

Last edited:

alwynrozario

Yup.. Digging it!!!
Yes, the price for 1520 has gone down.. not only that.. you're getting 2GB RAM with this revised rate.

Only if I had waited for a week.. i too could have benefited from it... anyways...

Guys I know a guy from Dell, his name is Tamal, he gave me good amount of discount. You can get in touch with him at the following number - 9886449768 (tell him your are reference from Alwyn). Let me also admit I'm not earning any commission on this, just want to help you guys by referring to a good Sales person, who gave me good discount. Enjoy!!!

@~Phenom~: I got the same config. as yours. Only difference is, I opted for Win XP Professional, 1 year full cover & standard 1 GB RAM. I got all this for 60K. Now I'm wondering who got the best deal?? Any comments??

Last edited:

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
Well I got the my above mentioned config at 65 K. So, I think I got the best deal. :)
and one more difference , u got stereo sound and I got HD audigy. :)

Last edited:

alwynrozario

Yup.. Digging it!!!
~Phenom~ said:
Well I got the my above mentioned config at 65 K. So, I think I got the best deal. :)
and one more difference , u got stereo sound and I got HD audigy. :)
Good!!!

I wanted to go for HD audigy, but then it was not compatible with Win XP.

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
debiprasad_sahoo said:
They are asking for arround Rs. 600 for partition into C & D. I want to partition the hdd into 5 or 6 drives, so that I can run Vista, XP and a linux distro. If I do it myself, will it void warranty? If any user has bought this and done similarlly, then they can help me from their experience.
u may ask pathiks or tarey_g or ASH FZ or saurabh or gx_saurav or chirag about it.

superczar

-n00b-

No, it won't...

cronosnet

Right off the assembly line
Hi,
I have placed an Order for the following configuration. Dell Inspiron 1520
T7300 2 GHZ
2 GB
Nvidia 8600 256

The internet price was 68312.. when i checked and i got discounts and the price was 61419.

Well after a week, the prices are revised and it is showing at 62K plus?

how long will it take to deliver? Do they maintain the expected date? What is the need of installation guy to install a laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom