Defy XT or Desire S

amarff

Broken In
Hi
I need a new android phone. My budget is around 15k, max 20 but i want to spend as minimum as possible.
So I looked through the threads and my heart is set on 2 phones
Defy XT and Desire S.
Please tell me which one should i go for along with their pros and cons.
If there is any other better option, let me know that too.

I am getting Defy XT @14k and Desire S@16.3k

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Desire S is hard to find. XT is overpriced with a not-so-good processor. Better go for alternates like HTC One V or Even Xperia Sola if you can sell out 20k. Also try checking Incredible S though it'll cost ~18k and it too is discontinued.

OP
A

amarff

Broken In
I am getting both at a good price.. Desire S @16.3k and XT@14k
As long as htc one v is consered, I am not buying it because of the inbuilt battery. If phone hangs or goes dead, I will no option but to take it to a repairer

techlover

In the zone
Though Desire S is available here
HTC Desire S Price in India | S510e Specifications, Features and Reviews

I suggest to go for HTC ONE V ...it has almost all the same specs as Desire S ..except the ram which is 512 mb and that of desire S is 768mb....and also desire S has a front cam

but One V comes with ICS out of the box :D

rider

as Kratos
If you don't care about high data space, its better to get 1Ghz dual core Xperia U @15k in buytheprice.com

OP
A

amarff

Broken In
Though Desire S is available here
HTC Desire S Price in India | S510e Specifications, Features and Reviews

I suggest to go for HTC ONE V ...it has almost all the same specs as Desire S ..except the ram which is 512 mb and that of desire S is 768mb....and also desire S has a front cam

but One V comes with ICS out of the box :D

HTC One V has built in battery. If the phone hangs or stops working, it will be trouble for me.

OP
A

amarff

Broken In
Guys please give me the cons and pros of both the phones..

Also should i go for defy xt or defy+. (defy+ costs 1k less)

aroraanant

Explorer
Desire S is pretty good, its performance is better than One V.
But its hard find one now as the company has discontinued it, but if you find one then just grab it

rider

as Kratos
I don't think someone should buy anything that has been discontinued even its better on configuration. Though, Desire S has no ICS option, worse screen and camera than One V. I wont recommend to buy, Get HTC One V for 17k.

aroraanant

Explorer
It will be getting ICS update in some time.
Apart from that it has got the same screen which the Incredible S and Sensation has got and it pretty good.
Camera is also a decent camera,may be lil bit inferior to One V.

rider

as Kratos
It will be getting ICS update in some time.
Apart from that it has got the same screen which the Incredible S and Sensation has got and it pretty good.
Camera is also a decent camera,may be lil bit inferior to One V.

I checked HTC One V in a shop, camera is very sharp and fast and having BSI that is good for low light. Also Screen is much batter than any other phone.
IPS S-LCD2 has much much better viewing angle and battery life also the best 10 hours of 3G talktime.
Also the new leg free Sense 4.0 is butter smooth even in single core 1Ghz. Overall very nice and improved phone.

aroraanant

Explorer
Bro I was playing with One V the whole day yesterday and in the other hand I have got my Incredible S in my hand.
There were 4 guys sitting over there(me and my friend) and each one of them agreed including the One V owner agree that Incredible S is far better than One V.
Hmm now you will say why am I comparing One V and Incredible S, the reason behind this is Desire S and Incredible are same except the camera and screen size.
And for your kind information One V lags a lot, and many features has been omitted from it which are even there in the HTC Salsa.

Top Bottom