tkin

Back to school!!
^^ Alright bro here are my specs and I am going to play it on 1440*900
Please Give me idea about the performance.

Intel Core2Duo E4400 2.0 GHz
Intel DG965RY Mobo
2 GB DDR2 667MHz RAM
Sapphire Radeon 5770 1 GB Video Card.
DX9, no aa, medium(i.e normal) or low.

Do you think they will release DX11 patch, texture pack and ai fix for the lowest selling platform? Maybe DX11 patch but texture pack ain't coming.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Do you think they will release DX11 patch, texture pack and ai fix for the lowest selling platform? Maybe DX11 patch but texture pack ain't coming.
:|
That quote I posted was posted by Cry-Adam (One of the admins of mycrysis forums).
What had you thought?..he was guessing it?

Soumik

Padawan
Finished Crysis yesterday. No patches.. just whatever came out of the box. I liked the game a lot actually. For me, compared to its predecessors, had more varied gameplay elements, more varied enemy, longer story, and i liked the modern New York environment more than the Lingshang jungles.
Still, dissappointed at the limited variety and boss fight... could have had some challenging boss fight atleast. Kick ass music though :D.
I didnt understand what happened in the end... did Prophet's memories took over Alcatraz and brought him back to life? or he lived on AS the suit and Alcatraz was fine within it???
Edit: Spoiler tag.

gameranand

Living to Play
Well actually the guys who have posted these videos have a powerful CPU while I have a Lame CPU. But still I got some idea that this game might run fine on my PC or maybe not.

soumik said:
BTW... no Homefront threads here? Thats one nice piece of a game.
Actually there is you gotta search
here is the link
Homefront Talks

cyborg47

Technomancer
I didnt understand what happened in the end... did Prophet's memories took over Alcatraz and brought him back to life? or he lived on AS the suit and Alcatraz was fine within it???
Edit: Spoiler tag.

Its just prophet's memories that are still stored in that suit.

Nanosuit stores the DNA and memories of the wearer deep within its layers. That's how Jacob Hargreave designed it. When Prophet removed the suit and passed it on to Alcatraz, the suit carried Prophet's memories and DNA the entire time. However, when the suit modified the spore to eradicate all Ceph instead of humans and after Alcatraz completed the job that Prophet had started, somehow, both Alcatraz's and Prophet's consciousness were accommodated into Alcatraz's body because of some nanasuit mechanism. Prophet hasn't entirely taken over Alcatraz's body but now they both are one with a unified consciousness. In short, Crysis 3 is going to be fuc(king epic!

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
If Crytek is developing a Direct3D 11 patch, I hope they take their time before releasing it. Only then it would be good. A half baked DirectX 11 patch won't do anything much. The game should have been tailor-made for DirectX 11 from the beginning itself.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
8GB PC ram != 8GB console ram. Console RAMs are much much faster. Well.. atleast in the consoles like PS3 :p

Can you please provide an indepth article to support your comment? Afaik, they are the same. If possible, open a new thread so that we can start discussing on it.

gameranand

Living to Play
vickybat said:
Can you please provide an indepth article to support your comment? Afaik, they are the same. If possible, open a new thread so that we can start discussing on it.
Well the most simple example for this is PS3 as it have a mighty Cell Processor which takes load and does most of the work for the console rather than RAM or Video Card. Its RAM is weak yet its very powerful and most games are coded to take advantage of CP rather than other specs in the console.

Soumik

Padawan
Nanosuit stores the DNA and memories of the wearer deep within its layers. That's how Jacob Hargreave designed it. When Prophet removed the suit and passed it on to Alcatraz, the suit carried Prophet's memories and DNA the entire time. However, when the suit modified the spore to eradicate all Ceph instead of humans and after Alcatraz completed the job that Prophet had started, somehow, both Alcatraz's and Prophet's consciousness were accommodated into Alcatraz's body because of some nanasuit mechanism. Prophet hasn't entirely taken over Alcatraz's body but now they both are one with a unified consciousness. In short, Crysis 3 is going to be fuc(king epic!

Thanks... makes some sense. :)
Hoping Crysis 3 comes soon...

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Well the most simple example for this is PS3 as it have a mighty Cell Processor which takes load and does most of the work for the console rather than RAM or Video Card. Its RAM is weak yet its very powerful and most games are coded to take advantage of CP rather than other specs in the console.

I know very well how mighty the cell processor is. I want him to exactly compare the exact tech behind pc ddr3 qnd console ddr3. Afaik, both are same. But let him comment.

The cell can also render graphical images( vertex shading) as its spe's are designed to perform these functions. So it can also perform gpu based tasks.

But that is not my question.

shantanu

Technomancer
There might be a difference between the Pin Count. But relatively both the RAM architectures are same. I guess everyone knows that Consoles have Only Graphical Requirments & Os on these are very light.

Bottom Line : No difference between PC and Console RAM :p

Correct me if I am Wrong.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
I know very well how mighty the cell processor is. I want him to exactly compare the exact tech behind pc ddr3 qnd console ddr3. Afaik, both are same. But let him comment.

The cell can also render graphical images( vertex shading) as its spe's are designed to perform these functions. So it can also perform gpu based tasks.

But that is not my question.

I can't search for articles now.. As I am in middle of something. But, a quick deatail.

PS3's 256MB system ram is capable of performing calculations at 3.2Ghz speed.. and It has 32 programmable lanes for data transfer each operating at 900Mhz ( I am not sure about the exact figure but effective speed of transfer is ~8Ghz). Match that with DDR3 or even GDDR3 (xbox 360) You will get your answer. So, do more with little. This should tell you why a 256mb DDR3 ram will not be as fast as a 256MB XDR. :)

tkin

Back to school!!
Bandwidth is not the issue, the capacity of the RAM matters most, Crysis had freakin huge maps that must be loaded in memory(unlike streaming from disc like unreal), so larger rams help.

Last edited:
@Vamsi No, PC RAM and console RAM are not different. On PC, we use Windows as a software intermediary to run games which, even though has powerful APIs such as DirectX and .NET, does not have low level access to the hardware such as RAM, CPU and GPU like consoles do.

There is a wide variety of hardware for the PC, so in order to make their games run across different combinations of hardware, developers need those APIs. If those APIs weren't in place, we would go back to the 90s when PC gaming was a mess. The downside to these APIs is that they only work as a layer rather than providing compete access to the hardware which in turn, leads to inefficient use of hardware and eventually leads to higher system requirements.

On consoles, however, due to consistent hardware across all consoles, the developers get low-level access to all hardware including the GPU, CPU and RAM. This is the reason why games such as Uncharted 2, Killzone 3, Alan Wake and God of War 3 look and work amazingly well even on ancient 2005-2006 hardware. (ATI X1800 equivalent on the Xbox 360 and NVIDIA 7800GTX equivalent on the PS3). Let's admit it, it's PS3 and Xbox 360 vs a gazillion different hardware combinations on millions of PCs all over the world. It's less effort and higher profits vs way too much effort and negligible profits for game developers.

You can't go on bashing Crytek around for not making Crysis 2 a PC exclusive. They're a game company but still a company and they need to earn profits. And seeing the current state of piracy on PC, I completely support them on consolizing Crysis 2.

Top Bottom