cyborg47

Technomancer
You forgot rockstar?
nope..rockstart have forgotten the indian market.
no RDR pc port, and now LA Noire. :(

err- DirectX is just an API. Graphics don't depend upon the DX version. Crysis 2 is a well designed DX9 game, so obviously it looks good.

Im not much of a geek, so wont argue about what API is and all.
But I was comparing how it actually looks, obviously games with dx10 look better compared to the ones with dx9.

DX10/11 can look better if used properly(soft shadows, HDR).

Exactly!

shruti

Broken In
Why don't you google a little bit. DX9 looks good DX10/11 can look better if used properly(soft shadows, HDR).
and why dont you read what I've said? have I said anything else? the newer API just saves developer time while implementing those better looking eye-candy like 'soft shadows'

google wont be of any help, sir. :) developers just havent implemented those eye-candy in DX9. so all these DX9 vs DX11 comparisons are farce.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I must say you gamers should stfu as hardly anyone of you know what you are talking about. Just concentrate on playing games.

PS: I'm not being rude. :p

DX9 looks good DX10/11 can look better if used properly.
The converse is also true. :)

cyborg47

Technomancer
The converse is also true. :)

I guess yeah. Assassins Creed (dx10) and Assassins Creed 2 (dx9) are good examples. AC2 looked good though it was using dx9, and ran pretty smooth.
But then again Tkin mentioned dx11 as well, obviously things like tessellation will not be possible with dx9 no matter how much the developer spends time with it, may be it is I dont know, but never seen a dx9 game with tessellation.

Last edited:

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
and why dont you read what I've said? have I said anything else? the newer API just saves developer time while implementing those better looking eye-candy like 'soft shadows'

I will not prolong this as you have lot of things to learn about. DX11 has indeed new techniques like Tessellation, New face texture mappings like Ptex. etc. And, though it isn't worth the hype and noise it is creating now.. it does boasts new features. In a word.. It has new abilities to render new eye candy.. but no way near to what MS is hyping it up.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
err- DirectX is just an API. Graphics don't depend upon the DX version. Crysis 2 is a well designed DX9 game, so obviously it looks good.

Games do depend upon the api as far as rendering techniques are concerned. The game engine renders everything harnessing the api. So newer api's are the future of game development because they raise the bar higher by implementing new rendering methods like "tesselation"and so on. DX11 for example supports "multithreading" i.e divides the workload into different threads for simultaneous processing with fewer downtimes. The result is richer looking and more complex game engines can now be built.

The following is a quote from another forum:
DX11 will improve the appearance of curved surfaces by throwing in more polygons. I think it's pretty much interpolating where additional vertices should be, then drawing them. The level of detail in the cobblestone demo looked to be about a 10-fold increase in the number of vertices, if not more. Doing this without bogging down the GPU would be cool.

Lastly, DX11 has multi-threading to allow more of the graphics card to work at the same time. They said many parts of a GPU are idle at any given time, and by breaking graphical processes into threads, more of the GPU can be used, resulting in a speed increase.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Alrigjt, soooo I love Crysis 2, wrigjt?

Why does Crysis 2 has bad AI and BF3's 7 montjs away?

I still got Brohood. C2's worth buyin'?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Completed the game. Interactive cutscene could have been better. Enemy variety not much. You can complete last mission without fighting anyone except the last 4 aliens. No epic fight, not much satisfied with the gameplay.
1.Graphics 7/10
2.Sound 8/10
3.Gameplay 6/10
4.Replayablity 2/10
5.Gamer Satisfaction 5/10

tkin

Back to school!!
@ nvidiageek
God, you got banned? When will you stop trolling? Join memebase and troll as much as you want, I get my troll fix there regularly.

On a side note did anyone play the secret game(easter-egg) during the Crysis 2 credits? If you didn't play it, its so damn nice.

quan chi

mortal kombat
@ nvidiageek
God, you got banned? When will you stop trolling? Join memebase and troll as much as you want, I get my troll fix there regularly.

On a side note did anyone play the secret game(easter-egg) during the Crysis 2 credits? If you didn't play it, its so damn nice.

WTF! i got no credits!! the game just ended after the final battle. is there any secret endings something like that?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i played back the credits, fired....... err. some 150-160 times, total lasting nearly 20min & guess what. nothing happened :-x

Top Bottom