gameranand

Living to Play
Look at the Dumb AI of Crysis 2
*www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/ba3018910d0b30c4e5b16eb883e7bafce650de560a348589f796f6d0acc79ac76g.jpg

cyborg47

Technomancer
^^ Huh!?..All I see is an image!

And that Video over there was a total fail!..seen a few like these, and the guys who makes this kinda videos dont show any proof that they're playing the highest difficulty..so stop calling the AI dumb and play it for yourself (on the higher difficulty I mean) .

gameranand

Living to Play
Well I am playing at veteran and I came from his front front part after killing his team mates yet he didn't showed any kind of movement at all. So what do you call that??? In crysis it would be so hard to go that close to a enemy without detection unless you are in cloak mode.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Yes..because that AI glitch..screw crytek for that, but calling that dumb is total stupidity man.

Last edited:

cyborg47

Technomancer
"Glitch" or "bugs"
Usually happen because of errors in code, and lazy developers not spending enough time to fix them ;)

gameranand

Living to Play
Then I must say that is damn game is full of bugs because I am at just 1st level and I have noticed about 3 to 4 bugs already. What the heck what were they doing while making the game.

cyborg47

Technomancer
lol..thats what everybody (including me) has been whining about all the time, PC version has a hell lot of bugs, obviously because crytek is spending most of their time on the console crap. such a shame!
And these 'noobs' refer youtube videos, google search links, articles to base their statements.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
"Glitch" or "bugs"
Usually happen because of errors in code, and lazy developers not spending enough time to fix them ;)

About AI , you will see many complaints on internet, the worst is not the occasional bugs, but the AI reacting in virtual cells, the map is divided in cells and If your player is in one cell doing something the opponents in the same cell will only react to it, other than it they will just keep doing their routine animations.
Limited console power puts limit on everything.

Check this video, listen to what he says, what will be the limitations if Crysis comes on consoles. He is actually explaining compromised 'Crysis2'.

[youtube]AVsT4D2_VTI[/youtube]

cyborg47

Technomancer
^^ Every time I see that video, I feel like I want to kick cevat yerli!
They compromised the whole fcking game and boast about it.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Look at the Dumb AI of Crysis 2
*www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/ba3018910d0b30c4e5b16eb883e7bafce650de560a348589f796f6d0acc79ac76g.jpg

actually you can run circles around him for 10 seconds or so without getting noticed ;)

And Far Cry is 7 years old!!!

gameranand

Living to Play
@ cyborg47
And you were telling me that its a bug and not AI problem:D:D haha LOL. I told ya that crysis 2's AI is badass.

Skud said:
actually you can run circles around him for 10 seconds or so without getting noticed
Actually I did and thats why I posted that AI is dumb.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Yes, its still a bug.
And when I said they compromised the game, I meant about the graphics(No bump maps, and parallax occlusion, because of which the textures appear flat, best example can be the tiny stone, compare them from both the games and see it for yourself.), physics(epic dumb down!..Let me tell you something, go back to crysis 1, throw a grenade around some trees, and see what happens within the blast radius. I wont tell you what happens, look at itfor yourself, it adds a hell lot of immersion into the game. Try the same thing in Crysis 2..meh!..nothing happens!)

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Huh!?..All I see is an image!

And that Video over there was a total fail!..seen a few like these, and the guys who makes this kinda videos dont show any proof that they're playing the highest difficulty..so stop calling the AI dumb and play it for yourself (on the higher difficulty I mean) .

Well, in Far Cry and Crysis and Warhead even at normal difficulty things were tougher than this.

gameranand

Living to Play
cyborg47 said:
err..were you saying that to me?
No offence bro I was saying that Crysis 2 AI is dumb and you offended me and then you agreed that AI is toned down so that was funny to me so I posted. No hard feelings man take it easy.
And yes you gotta agree that AI is really dumb this time try this in Farcry at normal difficulty and then report back or even crysis without Cloak.

Top Bottom