NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
^^
Really has the PC patch come for Dx10/11. Where..?

No, it's not DX11 patch, it's that "Start" to "Enter" patch with ping fixes.

No, the AI is NOT crap, they're much better, users are saying. SDK will be released sometime in May-June, so modders will improve the graphics, the AI and others like they did with Crysis. Hell, they might even add some new weapons and sh*te.

EDIT: This countdown is better than North America's.

*www.mycrysis.com/. The background's kickarse!

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
No, it's not DX11 patch, it's that "Start" to "Enter" patch with ping fixes.

No, the AI is NOT crap, they're much better, users are saying. SDK will be released sometime in May-June, so modders will improve the graphics, the AI and others like they did with Crysis. Hell, they might even add some new weapons and sh*te.

EDIT: This countdown is better than North America's.

MyCrysis - The Official Crysis Community. The background's kickarse!

AI may not be crap, but it has not improved over Crysis whereas graphics has gone downhill. In some scenarios, AI is plain dumb. For console owners the graphics may be OK who are running 5-year old hardware. For the PC owners, particularly those with a DX-11 card, this does not augur well. Moreover, what Crytek has promised earlier about development of PC version not being affected by console turns out to be hollow. How come a much-awaited game has to be patched 0-day for some silly issues? They should have taken a cue from what Codemasters did with Dirt2 and released the PC version a month or so later will all its glory, if there exists such a thing.

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
@Skud
Nice link ..It really points out some big mistakes Crytek did for Crysis 2...
They should have stuck to only PC's for their games but who doesn't want more money..So they kicked quality for success...

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Skud
Nice link ..It really points out some big mistakes Crytek did for Crysis 2...
They should have stuck to only PC's for their games but who doesn't want more money..So they kicked quality for success...

Nothing wrong with making money, only problem is that they are making money at the expense of the very gamer base which have made what Crytek is today. Either they should not have talked about DX11 and all the bulls**t or release the PC version when it gets completed in totality. Paying for a lame console port is meaningless. No doubt, hardcore PC gamers are feeling cheated.

Some more links:-
1. PC Gamers Nail List Of Crysis 2 Grievances To EA’s Door

2. I not play Crysis 2 until Directx 11 patch? - Guru3D.com Forums

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
^^
Also because Crysis meant like a benchmark for us PC gamers...It provided a test to our hardware but Crytek threw it apart with all this new madness about consoles..
And imagine someone paying Rs.7990 for the nano edition....:D

Last edited:

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
^^
Well yeah dx9 isn't that bad but i'm just saying that Crysis2 should have supported dx11 out of the box without patches according to the expectations of most of the gamers around the world...
but no worries i still think the game will totally rock..

gameranand

Living to Play
^^ Its not that they should have sticked with PC or anything else. They should have paid more attention on PC version because PC owners with damn good hardware were expecting better graphics and AI than crysis 1. If you want a example take Dirt 2. Graphics are damn good for PC and they released it 1 month after console release but they did the right thing with that game but for Crysis 2 Crytek did a mistake and didn't improvised but just concentrated on console. But I am not surprised because most game which goes under EA does the same thing.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Its not that they should have sticked with PC or anything else. They should have paid more attention on PC version because PC owners with damn good hardware were expecting better graphics and AI than crysis 1. If you want a example take Dirt 2. Graphics are damn good for PC and they released it 1 month after console release but they did the right thing with that game but for Crysis 2 Crytek did a mistake and didn't improvised but just concentrated on console. But I am not surprised because most game which goes under EA does the same thing.

That's what I have said earlier. I think most PC users would have been happier have Crytek just take another couple of months to release Crysis 2 on PC and fine tune it in the meantime. If you compare to Crysis & Warhead, Crysis 2 is definitely a step backward as far as PC gaming is concerned. Gameplay is reported to be more linear as compared to the open world, sandbox style gameplay of the previous Crytek games. And I personally doubt any amount of patch is going to take care of all these shortcomings.

Can't say anything on the reviews until i play the game first hand.
Can't wait to start downloading tonight.

PS: don;t get me wrong. I bought from EA store. :D

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
The reviews are dumb and biased most of the time. Gaming likeness is really ones personal POV. Of course we will not get blasted like we did with Crysis 1 or even Far Cry...but it will be a good shooter to enjoy the summer with inside the house..!
:)

gameranand

Living to Play
Review for such hyped games are biased many times and I thin that this is also in case of Crysis 2 because Crysis warhead and Crysis 1 got lower rating than this one and AFAIK they are better than this one. This game has certainly not lived upto its hype and reputation nevertheless it is a good shooter game. Why I am criticizing is because I expected much more from this game after playing the previous games and it didn't deliver me that this game was to set a milestone in terms of graphics and AI as Crysis and warhead did but sadly it didn't.

cyborg47

Technomancer
tbh, Crysis' AI was dumb.

I do respect your opinion, but that is one of dumbest statements i've ever heard.
Easy and medium are for kids regardless of what game it is, be a man! play it on hard and delta, trust me I've played the game on delta and you'll have to use the nano suit to the fullest, and thats the best part ;) . This is where a lot of people have understated crysis 1's uniqueness, theres the nano suit for u to use, not to go run and gun around. Try the game again, and play it the way you want play it, its a sandbox remember? :p

But now a days games have lost their difficulty touch.

Especially the First person shooters, more simplified linearity, scripted NPC's, and those lame quick time events(hate those to the core! :x )...and in the end, name it streamlining!

btw, I heard that there are five difficulty settings in crysis 2?..some 'post human warrior' difficulty!?

Ermh.... I'm seeing some hate towards PC version of Crysis 2 abroad. Crytek should never have done console version. Money greed I guess.

They say motion blur's ef'd up, and as I said CryEngine 3's no match for CryEngine 2. No effin' destruction of trees! A blurry mess like KZ3 is all people are sayin'.
WTF Crytek?

Relax..there was a way to remove the motion blur in the demo, and there will be a way to remove it in the full game ;)
Motion Blur is actually pretty annoying.

Also got a free copy of Crysis 1 from EA for pre-ordering it. :D
*img121.imageshack.us/img121/2568/16211034.jpg

*jealous*

Top Bottom