vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
The mp demo was released by crytek uk(formerly free radical) not crytek frankfurt(developer of singleplayer crysis2)

They just worked on Multiplayer component. Frankfurt team developed the whole game, AFAIK. And, gamers don't care who developed the game, as long as the game is good. :)

As, JojoTheDragon suggested, I updated the first post (by Vickybat) with member's multiplayer IDs. If I missed some one, please, buzz any MOD or vickybat. :)

Thanks Vamsi :D

Btw i'm getting this weird server error. I joined a lobby and the game doesn't start. And the countdown freezes at 1 sec. Stupid server issue i think.

@ico: will benchmark and post result as soon as i get to play the game again.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
It will work even for me. But some 0 ping servers have this bug, where game won't start even after the game is full. Faced that problem in number of servers.

The zero ping servers worked for me. After I enter the game, the ping appears around 300.

Worked for me as well 1st time I joined. I got around 357 ping. No wonder i got owned bad. :(

High ping = low k/d ratio [this quantity is really inversely proportional, depending on pawning skills of-course. ]

varunb

Working in an IT company
If you guys are using airtel/tata/mtnl, I suggest you go for singapore-based servers like Fragnetics.

cyborg47

Technomancer
^^ what abt ppl using bsnl?

anyway, found this tip on the internet, made the gameplay a little smoother for me ;)
add this " +i_mouse_smooth=0" into the target are in the properties of the shortcut.
eg : "X:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis 2 Demo\bin32\Crysis2Launcher.exe" +i_mouse_smooth=0

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
German servers give me the least ping. When I join I get about 240-260 ping. When I join Indian servers (in BC2) it'll be 360. :?

EDIT: Okay, some crazy sh*te happened. This Avira gave me a false-positive on CrySystem.dll and it effing removed that! And... err... IDK why, but I deleted the demo .exe after installing and ICA to download it again. So vamsi, remove my name from the first page.

Last edited:
Some tactics i found helpful in the MP

1)Always try to keep cloaked as long as possible. Manage your energy so that you still have about half the energy to use
2)When ever you find a foe and you are in cloaked mode, don't just go firing! You'll just lose all your energy and you might get killed instead of killing.
3)So, move in cloak, find a foe and when ready to engage switch to armor and kill that sucker.
4)Don't camp in clocked mode. You can't be seen i know, but your shadow can be seen. And you might even run outta energy before you even know it
5)So if you see an shadow near a wall and no person, question yourself later, just shoot.

Last edited:

cyborg47

Technomancer
6) If u want to go the badass way, get on armour, and nano vision (n) and fire away..that way, u wont even miss the ppl with cloak on. I got a lot of kills that way.
7)keep switching into nano vision and normal vision back and forth...really helps spotting out enemies.

feel free to add more :)

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
And... err.... what's with this 25 page sh*te? It's just 13 ainnit? Something from my side? Okay, use Scout for Skyline and own, that's all. Got 47/21 in C2 Beta. trololol

Last edited:

varunb

Working in an IT company
Besides the nano-vision, I am sure none of you tries to skid past the enemy. The armor-enhance really slows me down & before I could try to skid, I get killed. Nevertheless, I was consistently getting the third rank in the entire game tonight. :bandanafighter:

cyborg47

Technomancer
Demo patch out now!...but no graphics customisation yet :(
Crysis 2 PC Demo Patch

The Crysis 2 Mutliplayer Demo Patch for PC is now live and will auto-patch when you launch the game! The Steam patch will also be rolling out shortly.

* - “Press Start to Begin” has been changed to “Press Enter to Begin” on the main menu
* - Ping changes in server browser - no ping for anyone now (all 0)
* - Fixed crash if getting force disconnected from a dedicated server (although the force disconnect issue has been resolved anyway)
* - Account creation now works properly
* - G35 headset fix now implemented
* - People not able to sign in with certain characters such as “-“ or “numbers” in their username, now can

source - *www.ea.com/crysis-2/blog/pc-demo-patch

Top Bottom