Rigs f-ed up. Can't join.
[troll]
F me. Disassembled two entire rigs today as my new xms2 rams(3 sticks) weren't working. And after 10 hrs of frustration from 1pm till now discovered that one of the rams was kaput and so the rig wasn't working with all three rams installed. F***********. I ended up as a complete n00b because i thought the ram slot was kaput or the mobo isn't supporting the new rams so i switched the mobos with my dwnld rig. Hell of an experience. And of these 10 hrs, i wasted 5 hrs why the pc wasn't starting up after switching mobos and turns out that the issue was with the jumper cap. I removed it as a piece of thrash, now it turns out that, that tiny piece of thrash was the hot-damn key to starting the sh1t. Haven't thought what i'll do now. Just writing this out of frustration.
Where is the FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU thread?

[/troll]

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
The verdict? Not so great, unfortunately. The performance of the PS3 version is pretty underwhelming. The framerate is frequently low and choppy. There are jagged lines everywhere, and shadows are especially messy. There's a muddiness to the graphics that's hard to stomach in the wake of the PS3's other flagship showpieces, and worse, the variable framerate really hurts controller response

That was IGN's response after they laid hands on PS3 copy of Crysis 2. They stated outright that xBox 360 version runs and looks far better than PS3. And PC version easily surpasses the consoles.

Read more, GDC: Crysis 2 - The Rock, the Hard Place, and the PS3 - PlayStation 3 Preview at IGN

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ It was actually a prebuild demo. The final multiplayer demo for ps3 will launch on march 15th just a week before the final release.

Expect that demo to be more polished and compare that with xbox 360 demo . Xbox 360 mp demo is already out. When ign guys got their hands on the demo prebuild for 360, they had similar comments.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
@Vickybat,

You can't say that it is a pre build demo. No one brings a half baked cake to events like GDC and gives it to guys like IGN to have first hand on impressions.

That build you were talking about was in Gamescom. Which was held in August,2011. So, We can't compare that build with a build which is going to be out for public in a week.

And, who can forget Crytek's statement couple of years ago "Crysis 2 is maxing out PS3 and it will be the best looking game on both the consoles"

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@Vickybat,

You can't say that it is a pre build demo. No one brings a half baked cake to events like GDC and gives it to guys like IGN to have first hand on impressions.

That build you were talking about was in Gamescom. Which was held in August,2011. So, We can't compare that build with a build which is going to be out for public in a week.

And, who can forget Crytek's statement couple of years ago "Crysis 2 is maxing out PS3 and it will be the best looking game on both the consoles"

Check the following quote from ign guys:-

IGN said:
Crysis 2 isn't finished yet. This build could be a few weeks to a few months old, and optimization is often rapid and pronounced toward the end of a game's development period.

This is what i was talking about:-

IGN said:
PS3 players will be able to come to their own conclusions when the Crysis 2 multiplayer demo launched on PS3 on March 15th, a week before the game releases on PS3.

I think a side by side comparison will solve everything. I am counting on lens of truth guys to clear this mist.

Will post the comparison link as soon as its out.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Check the following quote from ign guys:-
This is what i was talking about:-

Could be and might be things are out of the equation here. They obviously don't know the age of the build. So, they are trying to reason the utter low performance with something.

What we know for sure is, they didn't maxed the PS3 and it isn't the best looking game as well.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Lets keep our fingers crossed for the final build.

See THIS.

Last edited:
OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ The lighting effects of cryengine 3 are really something. I was amazed by the falling sunlight in crysis 2 . It was so natural.

KD_The_Nomad_Soul

Right off the assembly line
Saw the Crysis 2 be strong trailer on digit march dvd, and the 1st thing I told myself............OMG did u see that!!!!!!!!. The cryengine 3 is best in business. The graphics are surely to bring my gt 240 to its knees.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
correct.
But how many games look good as crysis does in DX 9?

BC2 comes close with 45-50 fps. Now tell me.......

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

^^ The lighting effects of cryengine 3 are really something. I was amazed by the falling sunlight in crysis 2 . It was so natural.

The rays are too strong in both CE2 and 3. The rays are not that strong in real-life (trust me, I've tried it).

cyborg47

Technomancer
Had a few sessions in teh evening, man this game is getting addictive. Especially after u get a custom class with the upgrades.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
The rays are too strong in both CE2 and 3. The rays are not that strong in real-life (trust me, I've tried it).

Also, in real life, there won't be any nano suits. Welcome to video gaming, the place where people will be in the pursuit of reality in most unrealistic way.

Top Bottom