CPU/Chipset News

ASHISH65

Technomancer
can i be able to oc g3258 with Gigabyte GA-B85-D3H or Asus B85M-G to 4.5ghz

- - - Updated - - -

should i buy g3258 or go for i3 4130 or go for amd 6100 or 6300

it's better to create a new thread regarding your queries.this is not appropriate thread

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
I got a good bargain with Intel Core i5 4670s so bought it but I want to know the main difference between i5 4670 & i5 4670s?

Have you not been already told not to post questions in NEWS section? How hard that can be to understand ?

News :

ASUS Z97 Maximus VII ROG Ranger - Entry Level Gaming Motherboard | Digital Storm Unlocked

amjath

Human Spambot
Have you not been already told not to post questions in NEWS section? How hard that can be to understand ?

News :

ASUS Z97 Maximus VII ROG Ranger - Entry Level Gaming Motherboard | Digital Storm Unlocked

great entry level board but what is the price that matters

niz04

Journeyman
g3258 when overclocked to 4.5Ghz performs similarly to an i3. anyway,you need an adequate cooling and a supporting mobo. dont ever go for fx 6100. my pick will be fx 6300. but if you go with any 9xx based chipset, you will require a dedicated gpu to get a display out.
i have dedicated gpu but its little old radeon hd 6950 unlocked bios (6970)

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Intel Haswell-E Core i7-5960X, Core i7-5930K, Core i7-5820K Specifications Unveiled - Flagship 8 Core To Boost Up To 3.3 GHz

i7 5820k looks attractive for the price tag :D

rish1

Cyborg Agent
why the hell nobody is launching laptops with celeron and pentium M series Processor ?

the last cpu was 2020m that was launched in sept 2012 that made it into laptops..

manufacturers just putting in the crappy n3520/n3530 pentium quad core :-x with no active thermal cooling :mad:

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Overclocking Intel's 20th Anniversary Pentium - Tom's Hardware

AMD's Kaveri processors coming to smaller, cheaper desktops | PCWorld

vkl

Cyborg Agent
AnandTech Portal | AMD FX-8370E CPU Review: Vishera Down to 95W, Price Cuts for FX
AMD's FX-8370E processor reviewed - The Tech Report - Page 1

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Intel Core i7-5960X, -5930K And -5820K CPU Review: Haswell-E Rises - Three New CPUs For Enthusiasts

vkl

Cyborg Agent
So it's kinda confirmed,not a full refresh for desktop line-up with Broadwell likely.

Intel's delayed Broadwell architecture is finally upon us, though the rollout is going to be more staggered than we're typically used to. This year, we'll just be seeing the low-power Core M chips, with larger and faster versions to follow in the first half of 2015.

Intel did drop one interesting tidbit during our Core M briefing, though: the company mentioned that not all of its socketed desktop CPUs would be refreshed with the new architecture. Intel normally upgrades all of its CPUs over the course of six months or so, starting with the higher-end Core i7, i5, and i3 chips before moving on to lower-end Celeron and Pentium CPUs that are good options for budget buyers. Not so with Broadwell.

"It won't be a full stack with Broadwell on desktop," an Intel representative told us. "You know like, from Pentiums, Celerons all the way up to i7s."

"You'll have to wait for Skylake [Broadwell's successor] before you get a full refresh of our desktop lineup," another added.

On the desktop, the Broadwell architecture will be limited to high-end processors. Intel has already announced plans for one or more chips that incorporate its top-end Iris Pro integrated GPU, something that wasn't available to socketed desktop systems based on Haswell. However, it looks like many lower-end CPUs will stick to the Haswell architecture for the time being. When we followed up with Intel later, it wouldn't be more specific about which chips will and won't get the Broadwell upgrade.

Lower-end desktop CPUs won?t get Broadwell, will need to wait for Skylake | Ars Technica

Top Bottom