CPU/Chipset News

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
You bet ;) Anyway, do check out this :
ASUS Enables Overclocking on H97, H87, B85 and H81 Series Motherboards | techPowerUp

Hmm .. one piece of H81 motherboard and the G3258 sure looks like a great combo.

perfecto for a budget gaming pc :D *thumbs up*

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Asrock had done it in the past and later blocked by Intel by upgrading the micro code ;). I think Intel will do the same here for a second time :(

ASHISH65

Technomancer
AMD Announces New A-Series APUs - MarketWatch

AM1 Motherboard Comparison For AMD's Kabini APUs

Overclocking Intel?s Core i7-4790K: Can Devil?s Canyon fix Haswell?s low clock speeds? | ExtremeTech

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Asrock had done it in the past and later blocked by Intel by upgrading the micro code ;). I think Intel will do the same here for a second time :(

Yes Intel can do that but if one gets the cpu, a board with such features [ oc on H81 ] and bios now, never updates it I think there's nothing Intel can do to stop this.

But Intel itself enables overclocking on all Intel motherboards. My Intel HD61WW (H61 chipset) got all overclocking options in one of the BIOS updates. Overclocking support should be present on cheaper boards too, no one is going to buy a 10k board to overclock an unlocked Pentium.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
But Intel itself enables overclocking on all Intel motherboards. My Intel HD61WW (H61 chipset) got all overclocking options in one of the BIOS updates. Overclocking support should be present on cheaper boards too, no one is going to buy a 10k board to overclock an unlocked Pentium.

it is to downclock and not to overclock.;)

- - - Updated - - -

Yes Intel can do that but if one gets the cpu, a board with such features [ oc on H81 ] and bios now, never updates it I think there's nothing Intel can do to stop this.

i hope atleast some will be able to get hands on such combo :D

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Honestly speaking things are a little complicated for me .. the pentium G3220 was priced around ~7k for a long time so the tradition better not continue with G3258 here. I can buy a motherboard now and get the copy of the Ocable bios version but later if Intel changes the microcode of G3258 with newer batches this will be of no use. If someone want they need to buy import both cpu and motherboard at the same time from abroad to make this work but then again there will be no warranty on such items.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Honestly speaking things are a little complicated for me .. the pentium G3220 was priced around ~7k for a long time so the tradition better not continue with G3258 here. I can buy a motherboard now and get the copy of the Ocable bios version but later if Intel changes the microcode of G3258 with newer batches this will be of no use. If someone want they need to buy import both cpu and motherboard at the same time from abroad to make this work but then again there will be no warranty on such items.

i think intel offers international warranty on cpus, Retail boxed ones and not the oem ones. i am not too sure. you can enquire about it. if yes, get from abroad :D

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

g3258 listed here :D :D Buy Online Intel Pentium Anniversary Edition G3258 3.20 GHz Processor in india

niz04

Journeyman
can i be able to oc g3258 with Gigabyte GA-B85-D3H or Asus B85M-G to 4.5ghz

- - - Updated - - -

should i buy g3258 or go for i3 4130 or go for amd 6100 or 6300

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah

- - - Updated - - -

G3258 is a true dual core but 4130 is a dual core with hyper threading so 4 cores.(2 physical & 2 logical cores)

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

- - - Updated - - -

g3258 when overclocked to 4.5Ghz performs similarly to an i3. anyway,you need an adequate cooling and a supporting mobo. dont ever go for fx 6100. my pick will be fx 6300. but if you go with any 9xx based chipset, you will require a dedicated gpu to get a display out.

Top Bottom