CPU/Chipset News

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^now,

Q8200 is at $129
Athlon II X4 will be released at similar price point
Athlon II X4 620 is 20% faster

Now, this is where AMD may score a bit. But if by any chance Intel releases Lynnfield quad core at $150, that would mean trouble.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yup, But that will not make any trouble for us. We will get more good performing VFM products & benefit from all this rat race of high performing cpu's at reasonable price :p

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
^^now,

Q8200 is at $129
Athlon II X4 will be released at similar price point
Athlon II X4 620 is 20% faster

Now, this is where AMD may score a bit. But if by any chance Intel releases Lynnfield quad core at $150, that would mean trouble.
That won't happen....

Krow

Crowman
^I agree with compy there. Intel will have the performance advantage there by a long shot. So it will price accordingly and expect its audience to buy as,"Intel achcha hai AMD se". I'm sure no one will be misled this time around. :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is not it's kinda monopoly intel playing with it's core i7 and i5 series as there is not any other chipset for them without P55 and X58.

Sure they performs great so they cost much like amd/ati is going to do with their DX11 GPU but I think their should some IGP chipsets like amd/ati 78xG series ( intel g55, g58, g51, g53 and g65 IGP mobos - anyone ? )

Also I would like see some other chipsets from third party chipset manufacturers for AMD and intel core i5 and i7 series.

BTW, what happened with intel Larrabee ?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
those other chipset should cost as time goes by. Intel is trying to make as much profit as they can. The only way Intel can cut costs and release quality low-cost chipsets is when AMD gets back to where it was in mid 2000s

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
I think Lynnfield Core i7, i5 and P55 are 'gap filling' or 'time killing' releases from Intel until Westmere arrives :)

Lynnfields hav only DMI instead of QPI, i.e. 2GB/s instead of 26GB/s, and hav only dual channel DDR3 mem controller instead of tri-channel.

so if a down-graded version looks better now, Westmere will sure be a huge difference in performance from present platforms.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
let them be gap filling or time killing, I don't care. result is that they are outperforming every single Quad core except core i7. That is enough for the buyers right?

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

But the Core i5 and Core i3 doesn't make sense to me. Agreed the CPU will cost about 87$ at the cheapest, but the mobo costs a Fcking 10k !!!!!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
those are premium boards and am still waiting for release of sub 110$ gigabyte P55 boards.

*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813121388 : 99$
*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128405: 109$
*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130240: 119$
*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131410: $134

and I havent' yet listed many other biostar/ecs/foxconn mobos

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Yup... unless Intel or some other brand introduces a mobo around 5-6k.. core i5 is useless for common man.. Phenom II need not be afraid till then..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Yup, Rightly said

BTw, I think intel will release IGP mobos along with the release of core i3 which will be more value oriented cpu as compared to core i7 & i5 :p

amitash

Intel OCer
mobos around 100$ to 140$ will be good enough to squash phenom 2 in abroad countries... Keep in mind ddr3 RAM is also dirt cheap and not many people there buy am2+ boards and the good perf am3 ones are also around 100$

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

^^ Yup, Rightly said

BTw, I think intel will release IGP mobos along with the release of core i3 which will be more value oriented cpu as compared to core i7 & i5 :p

no IGP mobos dude, IGP is integrated into the CPU of Core i3 nd COre i5(dual cores).

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for informing. By IGP I meant a mobo with Integrated graphics port using intel chipset not some chipset with integrated graphics controller as it will be built-in feature of the proc :p

I just wanted to say intel may release a mobo with a DVI, VGA and even a HDMI port ( without those no one will be able to use their monitors without buying a gfx card ) when they will launch core i3 next year :p

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Intel Shows Off 32-nm Westmere CPU Wafer

See Intel's wafer of little chips.

*media.bestofmicro.com/,L-Z-179639-3.jpg

While we're still somewhat caught up in the P55 and Core i7 and i5 Lynnfield newness, the real treat that Intel has around the corner is in its upcoming 32-nm Westmere chips along with Clarkdale and Arrandale.

32-nm is an exciting milestone for the processor industry, and Intel was proud to boast that it was first to produce a full processor using the manufacturing process. Check out the video below for the news chock full of technical details.

Source : *www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-westmere-32nm-clarkdale-arrandale,8653.html

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Intel Pentium Dual Core E6700 ready

Intel has yet another high-value dual-core processor in the making, this one probably specific to the Chinese market again (following Pentium E6500K). While the new Pentium Dual Core E6700 does not come with an unlocked bus multiplier, it does come with its bus multiplier two notches higher, at 13.0x. With its bus speed of 266 MHz, it manages a stock clock speed of 3.46 GHz. Based on the 45 nm Wolfdale-2M core, the chip has an L2 cache of 2 MB and FSB of 1066 MHz. Coolaler used an engineering sample achieve an overclocking feat of 5.93 GHz (456.4 MHz x 13 @ 2.016 V) on a fairly mainstream Gigabyte GA-EP45 UD3L motherboard with 4.00 GB DDR2 memory (validation here). There is no information on its availability or pricing. Details on the various tests performed on the chip can be viewed at the Coolaler thread linked below.

Source: Engadget.

Top Bottom