• Pafex(FedEx)

Votes: 9 6.2%
  • EMS Speedpost

Votes: 21 14.4%

• Total voters

Krow

Crowman
Re: Best Courier Service (VFM)

Pack it well and EMS is what you are looking for. It has been very good in my experience. But the problem is that if your parcel is lost or damaged, I don't think you can get much out of them. Sarkaari after all.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent

When discussing topics like this, one thing we should all keep in mind is that experiences differ from person to person and from place to place. There is no single best service for everybody everywhere.

For example, I know that DTDC is reasonably priced and popular in many places, but they are one of the worst couriers in my area. This is based, not on just one or two instances, but on many. They are slow and refuse to do home delivery. I leave standing instructions with my regular contacts never to send me anything by DTDC, but it's not always possible to choose couriers, especially with new business contacts. So I keep receiving pakages by DTDC from time to time, and my experience with them is always BAD. Complaining to their regional office has not made any difference.

OTOH, while many people automatically distrust any government service, including EMS Speed Post, my own experience says that they are the fastest and most reliable courier in my area. Their rates are very reasonable and their pricing structure is easy to understand. You can check their rates here: Welcome to the Indiapost Web Site

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!

When discussing topics like this, one thing we should all keep in mind is that experiences differ from person to person and from place to place. There is no single best service for everybody everywhere.

For example, I know that DTDC is reasonably priced and popular in many places, but they are one of the worst couriers in my area. This is based, not on just one or two instances, but on many. They are slow and refuse to do home delivery. I leave standing instructions with my regular contacts never to send me anything by DTDC, but it's not always possible to choose couriers, especially with new business contacts. So I keep receiving pakages by DTDC from time to time, and my experience with them is always BAD. Complaining to their regional office has not made any difference.

OTOH, while many people automatically distrust any government service, including EMS Speed Post, my own experience says that they are the fastest and most reliable courier in my area. Their rates are very reasonable and their pricing structure is easy to understand. You can check their rates here: Welcome to the Indiapost Web Site
Except that they handle the parcels very carelessly, but service is good.

Krow

Crowman

India Post service has been very good for me so far. One of the cheapest too.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity

I have used :-
Speed Post(EMS) -Govt.
Blue Dart
DTDC
FirstFlight
APL (now owned by FedEx)
Maruti Courier
Professional Couriers
Aramex Couriers
and a gazillion of them...
I must say that ARAMEX COURIERS IS THE WORST OF ALL. They lie about delivery of packages. They steal stuff. They are thieves. Never ever use Aramex Couriers.
I found FirstFlight Courier to be quite reasonable on par with FedEx and Blue Dart. I don't think BlueDart handles packages well. I ordered a webcam and it was shipped through BlueDart and they smashed the box. Though the camera was intact.

Last edited:

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here

cant decide which is the best but i've had very bad experiences with on dot couriers... and dtdc
and good experiences with tci-xps, bludart,

Last edited:

Pratul_09

Journeyman

me too same opinion.
I too have bad experience with DTDC not once, twice, but regularly. Everytime i receive a delivery i have to run to their office to get the delivery eventhough the shipper had paid more to make sure that they would delivery of product to my home:-x. They give excuses that the franchise at shipper place must have eaten up the extra money:-(. They also have communication gap between themselves, if i give some instructions to the afternoon shift guy the morning shift person does not know anything about it.

After all this they keep the product in a office 3-4 Kms away from my home, eventhough they have a office 1.5 Kms from my home:?:. I don't seem to know their logic of working. Many times they have returned the shipment without even informing or calling me up:x.

So EMS SpeedPost all the way:-D, never missed any delivery. They take a day or two more, but i receive the shipment in my house.

Speed Post Rates

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!

Cancel my vote for DTDC, they are a bunch of f'n retards, I shipped a mobo and a proccy to mailme.manju 6 days ago, and the proccy was fine but mobo must have been shaken so badly that it didn't work(from the description of problem, looks like a short circuit), thank god Rashi took the rma request(still can't trust them until the mobo is actuall rma'd and returned to manju), but this is the last time I've used dtdc, from now on, blue dart 24x7.

nginx

In the zone

I have only ever used two couriers, DTDC and Blue Dart and I had poor experiences with both of them. So I can't really vote for anyone on the list.

The only time I used DTDC, they failed to deliver a DD to a correct address in Mumbai and almost took a month to return it to me. The DD was for a book I ordered online. Thanks to DTDC, I couldn't get my hands on the book.

ICICI bank was supposed to courier a debit card (from Delhi I reckon) to my address in Kolkata using Blue Dart and even though my address was correct, they kept returning the card back to Delhi, citing "incorrect address" without even calling me once to confirm my address. I had to call up ICICI again and again and coax them to resend the card and everytime they did that, the result was the same. Blue Dart drove me nuts for 2 months before I finally got the card directly from my local bank.

Oh yeah, one more I almost forgot...Maruti courier. Boy oh boy do they suck or what? Delivery of PAN cards to Kolkata is usually done via Maruti courier. As expected, the PAN card was dispatched within 15 days of requesting but thanks to Maruti courier I got the card after 2 months. What happened was that they held my PAN card at the local Maruti office and never bothered to deliver it. When I gave them a real good thrashing over the phone after finding out about it, they finally sent one of their guys to my home the next day to deliver the card but believe it or not, the guy wanted a huge Rs.100 "bakshis" for finally delivering the card and that too after 2 months. Talk about shameless creatures!

Last edited:
OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!

I have only ever used two couriers, DTDC and Blue Dart and I had poor experiences with both of them. So I can't really vote for anyone on the list.

The only time I used DTDC, they failed to deliver a DD to a correct address in Mumbai and almost took a month to return it to me. The DD was for a book I ordered online. Thanks to DTDC, I couldn't get my hands on the book.

ICICI bank was supposed to courier a debit card (from Delhi I reckon) to my address in Kolkata using Blue Dart and even though my address was correct, they kept returning the card back to Delhi, citing "incorrect address" without even calling me once to confirm my address. I had to call up ICICI again and again and coax them to resend the card and everytime they did that, the result was the same. Blue Dart drove me nuts for 2 months before I finally got the card directly from my local bank.

Oh yeah, one more I almost forgot...Maruti courier. Boy oh boy do they suck or what? Delivery of PAN cards to Kolkata is usually done via Maruti courier. As expected, the PAN card was dispatched within 15 days of requesting but thanks to Maruti courier I got the card after 2 months. What happened was that they held my PAN card at the local Maruti office and never bothered to deliver it. When I gave them a real good thrashing over the phone after finding out about it, they finally sent one of their guys to my home the next day to deliver the card but believe it or not, the guy wanted a huge Rs.100 "bakshis" for finally delivering the card and that too after 2 months. Talk about shameless creatures!
Weird, I got my PAN card just in time, maybe some other courier?

nginx

In the zone

Perhaps Maruti courier isn't the only courier used to deliver PAN card, who knows? I was unlucky that they happened to be one delivering my card. Since the PAN department of India won't divulge certain details like tracking number of shipment, I had to go through a lot of trouble to find out where the card was located and why it wasn't being delivered and all that.

pepsodent

Broken In

anybody knows whether postman(speed post) give a call to consignee in case he is unable to access address/consignee?

modder

RAMPAGE!!!!

@nginx
UTISL or NSDL?

Got mine through UTISL couriered by Meghraj Express :)) within a month.

A stamp on the delivery envelope says:
Please Don't Pay Any Tips to Delivery Man

Delivery guy asked for some :grin:

anybody knows whether postman(speed post) give a call to consignee in case he is unable to access address/consignee?
Nope! He will just return it to the post office. The consignee has to track the article using consignment no... find out from web-tracking log the post office the article's at... then visit that specific post office with identity & address proof in order to get it :grin:

Last edited:

pepsodent

Broken In

Nope! He will just return it to the post office. The consignee has to track the article using consignment no... find out from web-tracking log the post office the article's at... then visit that specific post office with identity & address proof in order to get it :grin:
can I expect that goods be returned in that case?:?:

pimpom

Cyborg Agent

Most couriers will do that if they have your phone number. At least they do it in my city - even DTDC. This is why I ask anyone who's sending me something to write my phone number on the package.

Since I'm a regular customer with Speed Post, they know me well. But those times when they are particularly busy and short-handed, they call me to ask if I could send someone to pick up a package. It's always a polite request, not a demand. Once or twice, they called to ask me if it's OK if the postman delivers a package on his way home from work rather than during working hours.

Of course, as I said in my previous post, experiences may differ from place to place. But most people seem to have a positive experience with Speed Post.

Top Bottom