Continuously running PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Why not if you have uninterrupted power supply. I have uninterrupted power supply most of the year and I switch off my PC less than 1 times in 2-3 months or maybe even once a year. And it always has got something to do with hardware or powercut.
And anyone can do it. I am sure quite a few others here do it too.

shantanu

Technomancer
COOL I think i will now give it a try from today my pcs running from 12 noon today and is on two UPS and after that invertor.. so no chance for a power cut...
shows CPU temp. 37,32 in everest two procs.
mobo 35
gpu 59
hdd 26 HDD FAN ENABLED

I THINK NORMAL IS IT

techno tublai

Broken In
Well I figured that out,thanks guys. But what about mechanical components, like the processor fan maybe. I have the bundled solution on my p4 HT 2.8. In these winter days the PC runs just fine. But waht about the summer days. I live in Kolkata and the summer ambient temperature reaches >35degrees at times. And what about the continious spinning of the HDD????

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
shantanu_webmaster said:
COOL I think i will now give it a try from today my pcs running from 12 noon today and is on two UPS and after that invertor.. so no chance for a power cut...
shows CPU temp. 37,32 in everest two procs.
mobo 35
gpu 59
hdd 26 HDD FAN ENABLED

I THINK NORMAL IS IT

Where do you find the temperatures of these? I use SpeedFan, that's quite a nice software as well. I would like to know how best I can use Everest as well. I got it installed and running.

reddick

Mobile Freak
Those who say that their PCs n lappy(s) runs 24/7 hrs. , tell me how can u run them so long espacially here in India where power-cuts are so common.In summers one had to suffer with these cuts upto 18 hrs. also.Not in my area though ;) N ur UPS may run out of battery under these circumstances :cool:

shantanu

Technomancer
REALLY AND HERE AT DEHRADUN AND A MY WORK PLACE OUTSIDE INDIA I NEVER FACE THEM MAYBE SOMETIMES HERE IN INDIA BUT RARELY SO STILL AFTER yesterday from 3 morning my pc is running continously.. sp probs till now .. everythings bit normal.. so

having taken care of cooling itself problems can not be so frequent i think....:)

Hustlerr

[Next-Gen]
No Even i didn't got any prob. with my Pc just Yesterday i ran it 18 hrs and today its running from 11 Am

How Long The Comp Can Be Kept On???

how long can i keep my comp on without shutting down... i download stuffs from the internet all day... i don't shut down my computer for 5-6 days... is it ok....

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Re: How Long The Comp Can Be Kept On???

Absoloutely OK. Just make sure all your fanz are working for proper cooling............................

Many servers are kept open for months and have no problem... But more you keep it on, more of its lifetime is utilized, u know what i mean??

Lucky_star

Still Shining!

Its ok to keep the computer on for a longer time, provided the temperature of the mobo and the harddisk doesn't exceed the limits.

Pragadheesh

In the zone

jus search the threads b4 posting a new one.. there a dozens of threads running wid d same topic.. refer this link..

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37347

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS

JUST ASK TECH_YOUR _FUTURE..when was last tiem switched of his PC..u will be surprised at the answer....

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Unfortunately it's just over a month now cos I had to shut down the PC to install graphics card. But, I can safely tell that you can have the PC running for years without problems with proper cooling and power supply. I have had times when my PC used to run for months without being shutdown.

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
@ Pragadheesh The Link u hav given is the same thread He he hehe

I hav only two fans in my PC
one at CPU nd other in SMPS
How can i add more fans and where can i add??
Which is the best company for good quality cooling fans??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom