Continuously running PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aditya1987

Extheist
Hello guys!!

Can someone tell me, how long can i run pc continuously?

Does running pc for too long damages it.

I have got BSNL unlimited connection, so I dont feel like turning my pc off.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
No. I have hardly had any problems. My PC is on for 24/7. I don't even remember last time I shut down my PC. But, I had a problem in the past with SMPS's they used to last only a few months, so now I use a good 350W SMPS and I have no problems with my PC.

mediator

Technomancer
tech_your_future said:
I don't even remember last time I shut down my PC
:D !

My PC is used extensively by my family members. I hardly have time to work on PC! I have to beg them to access the PC! So is like 18-20 hrs I think!

clmlbx

Technomancer
Running pc for long time is no problem . I use it atleast 12 hours a day without any problems.

If neccessary use extra fan to cool it up .

I have faced the problems beacuse it was in wrong place where it get heated . but after changing the place there is no problem.so check it out is ur pc is in right place .

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
no problem running 24X7 with me. just make sure its cool and have adequate power supply.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
only thing that can go wrong is with ur SMPS .... if that is ok ur pc will run for a very long time with hick ups .... but its adviced that u do restart ur pc once a while .... treat ur pc with respect it also needs a breather ..... dont make ur pc into buddhia

nil_3

In the zone
pentium III and entry-level Pentium IV machines can be run 24x7. However high-end Pentium IV machines accumulate lot of heat, so they need rest.

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
I used to leave my PC switched on for atleast 8-12 hours and no hiccups. Like they say, keeping it cool helps a lot!

Sourabh

Laptoping
My laptop is running continously from the last week without a restart/standby/hibernate. Laptops shouldnt be stressed so much but desktops certainly can. System uptimes of months is common even on a regular desktop PC. All you need is some good cooling and ofcourse an interrupted power supply.

shaunak

Tux Fan
If you provide adequet cooling there is no problem.
I suggest you put atleast 3 fans on the cabinate and keep the case open.

sree_shan

Broken In
even i am not facing any problems....
my PC is running continuosly 4m past 4 days ... even i had only one fan in my CPU....
:) :) :)

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Yaar,
yeh toh hadh hai..

See, you dont' need to cool your PC untill its running on a acceptable temperature. Heat is realy not a big concern untill there is no fault ie. improper ventilation or bad SMPS.
SMPS would give problem only if its fan is not running fine.Once my SMPS's fan was not running and I did not notice that and SMPS was so hot but was running for 12 hrs, no damage hence..
SMPS won't stop you from runnig your PC for long untill its properly working ie. its fan and cooling.

The thing you should worry about running PC for long is HD as its the only moving part and its the only thing which is logically boud to hv problem.
Rest is fine !

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
My runs for 19 hrs a day,
Infact I've even Run Prime95 for 24hrs,... :p
The temp was 60 degs continuously! no probs...but I had a strong SMPS..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom