Continuously running PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Re: How much time a computer can be on?

No problems in computer being "ON" for days. However, I still suggest you to use Free Download Manager and stop and resume dowmloads whenever you want. In case of Non-resumeable downloads, just keep it "ON".

Tech Geek

Wise Old Owl

champ_rock said:
infact i think old machines have less horsepower therefore they can be left on for a greater amount of time incurring less electricity costs ;)
I have a 5 yr old PIII

rakesh_1024

Journeyman

The lab I work in has Gateway PCs with Intel Pentium 2.6 GHZ proc.
And they are kept on for the whole month.....still no problem with them.

ApoorvKhatreja

Journeyman

The cooling system should be sturdy, and power supply constant, you can keep it on for years.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............

SEARCH

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37347

Then you ask "what did I do now"

ApoorvKhatreja

Journeyman

Ok, we do keep that in mind before posting, but don't you think that the search results are way too many, no matter how particular you are in your search. I'm not saying that the search is useless, many a times we do get useful results, but if the search were more improved, like the more viewed topics would be listed on top of the results page, then it would be much better.

parthbarot

In the zone

u can say.. upto when it can be on..i mean it can run itself without any probs and slowing down the operations...
but i suggest to restart after every 20 to 24 hrs if u need it constantly...

vinit suri

Broken In

i suggest u download auti power in from the net first n then schedule it for starting during the night and going off in the morning......coz its better to give ur modem sum rest...also night time download is faster....BEST OF LUCK

Journeyman

My system is "ON" since the day I bought it (4 weeks back) except for one power failure and 2 upgrades. It is not a problem as long as heat is managed well.

My configuration:
----------------

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
Intel DP965LT Mainboard
Kingston DDR2 667MHz 1GB * 2 (2GB)
nVidia 7600GT 256MB PCIe
Maxtor 160GB HDD
Panasonic DVD RAM

adit_sen

In the zone

I've kept my laptop, which has bare minimum specs of just a 1.3Ghz Celeron continuously turned on for over a month without any problem....

mehulved

18 Till I Die............

Stick said:
He must be using Air Condition
Not needed. I hardly ever turn off my comp. I have no extra cooling either. Only thing I have had a problem with is SMPS. So, it's necessary to have a good SMPS and if your processor does heat up then make sure, that you have a good enough cooling solution. Then, you needn't worry about leaving it on all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom