Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Malaysia Airlines: Flight 370 Lost With No Survivors

This is very disheartening. :(

ithehappy

Human Spambot
What the hell is happening with me? I have never had any tears in my eyes God knows for how long, but this news is just killing me :!:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Me too feel the same.

Ocean is huge! Its remote. And depth is insane. But they had found titanic. I am hoping they will get this one too.

The Titanic was found decades later and they knew the location to search. For this flight, we have no idea what happened to it, whether it even crashed and if it did, we do not know where.

justgothere

Broken In
It's a very sad news. None knows the possible reasons and speculations are everywhere. One article that I have found to be having logical base is *www.wired.com/autopia/2014/03/mh370-electrical-fire/

Gollum

Collector
Seems like it crashed in the middle of the indian ocean.

Malaysia Airlines flight 'crashed into southern Indian Ocean' - The Hindu

The End of the Beginning of the Malaysia Airlines Mystery : The New Yorker

Malaysia Airlines Plane 'Ended in the Southern Indian Ocean' | Video - ABC News

VIDEO:
Missing Malaysia Airlines plane: search called off due to bad weather

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
We still don't have no solid evidence, and I am baffled how a national PM can announce "crash" with only circumstantial and possible evidence. There is still no convincing evidence.

Call me a fool, but I still have hope for MH 370.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
I feel some influential people know andar ki baatein (whatever they might be), but they are not willing to disclose them for bad consequences.

Flash

Lost in speed
My guess would be:
Since the search is over 15+ days, and other countries pressurizing malaysia for their citizens, they've concluded that flight gone crashed into the indian ocean, based on the what they call as "New data". But, they only believe it was crashed.

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
We still don't have no solid evidence, and I am baffled how a national PM can announce "crash" with only circumstantial and possible evidence. There is still no convincing evidence.
Call me a fool, but I still have hope for MH 370.
There is no hope. If the plane was last calculated to be in the middle of the southern Indian Ocean, with not even enough fuel to travel a few 100 more km, and the closest landing spot was thousands of km away, the flight "ended" in the ocean, which is what he said.

I hope the news is wrong :(

I did too, but doesn't look like it is. INMARSAT is pretty sure of its calculations, and has confirmed that the data is correct. Speculations will go on and on for a long time though, and we can only wonder about what the passengers were going through if they were indeed even alive before the crash.

As a passenger I would know my flight paths enough to realise that at sunrise seeing only sea below me would make me question where we were, because they were supposed to be nearing Beijing by then (with no sea visible at all).

I cannot believe that in a plane full of passengers, no one would notice this detail and make a commotion much before 8:11 am. Thus either hijackers controlling the plane or everyone was already passed out from gas / smoke / whatever.

icebags

Technomancer
some of the recent theories suggesting it was commander pilots doing, depressed from some family/ ideological issues he took the flight above normal 777 flight ceiling of 41k feet, to 45k feet, depressurized the passenger cabin to suffocate the passengers out of oxygen, diverted the autopilot to the roaring forties,and jumped into it.

ppl are saying it would be next to impossible to form a search operation at the place, 15-20m (4-5 stories building.....) high ocean waves, submerged active volcanoes - that place is beyond human capabilities for undersea search and rescue. probably the pilot wanted to go somewhere, where nobody will find them dead or alive ? or may be he was forced ?

*www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capit...urrents-pose-malaysia-plane-search-nightmare/

Hrishi

some of the recent theories suggesting it was commander pilots doing, depressed from some family/ ideological issues he took the flight above normal 777 flight ceiling of 41k feet, to 45k feet, depressurized the passenger cabin to suffocate the passengers out of oxygen, diverted the autopilot to the roaring forties,and jumped into it.

ppl are saying it would be next to impossible to form a search operation at the place, 15-20m (4-5 stories building.....) high ocean waves, submerged active volcanoes - that place is beyond human capabilities for undersea search and rescue. probably the pilot wanted to go somewhere, where nobody will find them dead or alive ? or may be he was forced ?

“Roaring Forties” winds, gyrating ocean currents pose Malaysia plane search nightmare

Worst nightmare for the kins of lost passengers. Scares the hell out of me too , while thinking of any flight travel.

OP
A

ash63425

Broken In
The fact is that it is still missing and there is no clue yet...yeah for sure there is something fishy in this whole thing.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
A big plane disappears out of the blue in todays era...itna bada jhol sirf Amreeka hi kar sakti hai!!

tkin

Back to school!!
I think there were no special events, the plane just went down in the ocean, and the ocean being gigantically vast it will be very difficult if not impossible to find it. Specially the fact being that aircrafts are light objects(compared to ships). A storm or current could take the remains across the globe by now.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
There is some hope of finding the orange boxes MH370: Australia's Ocean Shield picks up two black box-type signals | World news | theguardian.com

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
There is some hope of finding the orange boxes MH370: Australia's Ocean Shield picks up two black box-type signals | World news | theguardian.com

Black box(n.): The instrument in a vehicle which stores essential information after a crash. Usually found in aircrafts.
Orange box(n.): A bundle of games which include Half Life 2, HL2 Episode 1&2, Team Fortress 2 and Portal. Usually found in Steam.
:)

Top Bottom