[Complaint] Cheated by Viewsonic - Resolved by Digit

Status
Not open for further replies.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
getting some Backlight Bleeding issue at the bottom ( 5 in total and they look like circles of 2 cm ) and right bottom side ( a straight line around 3 cm in wide ) of my 19 inch 3 yaers old viewsonic (VG921m ) monitor ( still 5 months left for warranty ) ...

should I replace it ... will viewsonic guys replace my monitor for this backligght bleeding issue ... I mean it's not that much anyway ... BTw, are there any chances of increasing the backlight bleeding issue more in the future ??

Guys post your own experiences about backlight bleeding issue so that I can get a clear picture ......

Last edited:

acewin

Point Blanc
Re: LCD Monitor Backlight Bleeding Issue

yep call them up without doubt, actually this would be the perfect time for you hehe 3 years of use and soon all warranty gets over after which they wont even accept anything and even the repair will become trouble.

Check with them if they replace with a new monitor or some old second hand placed in dump.

and yeah well if it showed this much back-light bleeding then certainly it will increase with time.

I am still using a CRT so cannot comment, post some pics of the issue

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ Thanks for the reply ..... as I don't have any digicam it will not be possible for me to post some pics :( ..... if I have to call them I expect to get a new one not an old used junk .... as they will ship this to their central office and this may take a month or so ... but it will not be possible for me to wait that much without the monitor .... will contact their local service center after some days ....

BTW, this month is not going well for me ... 1st three of my ups gone kaput ... then there is the probs with the monitor ... and yesterday night one of my speaker gone kaput ....

Last edited:

acewin

Point Blanc

hahaa, electricity prob or something else, speaker cannot say, but UPS gone kaput they are made to handle voltage fluctuation etc.
I hope these were under warranty otherwise all will come up up as loss
also which make were they.

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

all of the 3 ups are out of warranty ... strange thing is the ups ( 5 yaers old Digital ) on the home was shutting down the whole rig while I was playing mas effect 2 and another digital ups ( it was located on another place ) only 1 year old was behaving same like the 5 yaers old one ... it was shutting down the rig ... another one was microtek which sucks from the very beginning ( no battery backup ) ... I've repaired it 2 times but ... but not to avail ... repaired the speaker anyway ....

BTW, Acel Frontline is the service provider ( carry in ) both viewsonic and segate in my city ( kolkata ) but whenever I call them all of their phones are not responding and suggesting me to leave a voice message instead .... tried all of their 5 land line phone numbers and I mobile ... but without any success ... Will try to look out for another ph number ...

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Now there's very big issue with the monitor :

The backlight bleeding has decreased but one major prob comes up.

yesterday morning when I started the my rig I had noticed a dark black spot on the upper left corner of the screen. When I switched on the rig for 2nd time the spot incresed in size. But after some time around 1 hour the spot got even larger say around 1 inch in diameter. After that it kept on increasing.

When at the night I again switched on the rig the dark black round spot on the screen has increased even more and now it's around 2 inch in diameter.

The dark black round spot stays on the upper left corner always. I suspect the dead pixel is increasing abnormally. Guys need help big time. Only 5 months left for warranty period.

BTW, should I call viewsonic toll free no. or take it to the service center in kolkata. The main frustrating thing is the phone numbers is not working ( accel frontlines kolkata ). So I think I have to call them ( toll free umber ) anyway .

Guys have you any idea with viewsonic warranty I mean how long it may take ??

When I asked this about on tyhe shop I purchased this from they simply gave me the toll free no. and said they don't have any other responsibility for this monitor.

Also I've fear of something like this as Only 5 months left for warranty and it's VG seies monitor ( VG912m )

Update 13th January 2008 :-

As it seems, if you are a View Sonic vx1932wm or vg1930wm owner, you would be asked to wait for 3/4 or upto 5 months till you get a replacement product !!! As in my case also, till date there is no glimps of the replacement unit… Every time I comunicate with View Sonic Support, I get information that there are no suply for vg and vx seriese !!!

Remeber the guy ... he was one our forum member :
*www.chotocheeta.com/2007/10/05/quick-review-super-flop-view-sonic-vx1932wm/

Also read the following post as the guy had faced worst services from viewsonic.

God only knows what will happen next( VG921m ).

Last edited:

Revolution

Wise Old Owl

They don't wanna exchange your LCD with other model ?
If u can get almost same LCD or even some less but new LCD then you should consider that cos they may be stretch 5 months to more may be then ur warranty will over.
Try to convince Viewsonic for other monitor.
And GL......

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ I just want a working 19 inch LCD monitor - series does not matters.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth

Hi, read ur post...

What r u waiting for?? Delay of ur replacement?

Dude, not giving it service center, u r delaying it more.

And about Axel Frontline, I had to deal with them once. My Seagate HDD crashed and they are the one for it. They are always busy. Try to visit their center in person, u may get ur job done.

About viewsonic replacement issues, I've no idea, but wishing u luck.

Give the monitor for replacement as soon as possible.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

You screen is dying. Stop using it. Send it for warranty. Highly probably that Viewsonic will do jack sh$$ to help you out. Its not a reputed company. Sorry.

Sid_gamer

Team Digit

Yeah...Contact the service center(accel frontline) as soon as u can...Better go there with your monitor personally coz they are so damn busy that they hardly respond to phone calls from their customers...Here in Mumbai i went to their center once to replace my old Seagate HDD and though it took almost 4 to 5 weeks to replace it but at the end they gave me a good replacement ....
Better u go now or else that warranty is going to pop...

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

I yesterday called up Accel Frontlines toll free number ( 1-800-425-4535 ) and asked them about their Kolkata service center's working phone number. They gave it to me. I called up their service center in Kolkata but they said they no more provides service for viewsonic.

But on the viewsonic's website ( in pdf document ) Accel frontlines is listed as AIO service center for viewsonic across the country :
*ap.viewsonic.com/in/support/aio-service-network.pdf

Anyway as Accel Frontline guys told me they do not provide support for viewsonic anymore I called up viewsonics toll free number ( 1800-11-9999 ). After around 5 tries I was able to talk with some tech person but he kept on arguing over sending a snapshot of the monitor - I told him as I don't have any digicam I will not be able to send a snapshot but he told me I have to send it here ( service@in.viewsonic.com ) and after that he hung up the phone.

But on viewsonic's website it's mentioned :

To obtain warranty service, you will be required to provide the following at the time of registering a complaint:
Name
Address
Original & Dated sales slip
Serial number of the product and
A description of the problem.

*ap.viewsonic.com/in/kbase/article.php?id=10

I called viewsonics another number ( 011-26990006 ) and another guy attended the phone and he told me to send only a scanned image of the bill not any snapshot of the monitor along with my address and contact no.

I asked about the RMA number but he told me it will be given after receiving the e-mail. Wish me all the best.

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth

All the best topgear, have you asked if they have any service center in Kolkata? If they have, u can try visiting that personally ...

Krow

Crowman

All the very best. I hope you get a great monitor when it returns from service!

acewin

Point Blanc

topgear, also, check if there is any physical damage or not, rascals may start saying it as physical damage and void the warranty.
And above all best of luck in RMA. I say even if the product is trash if you get a new monitor in RMA you can run for some time.

My 1100VA APC gave me probs in one and ahlf month they came and changed it. the UPS points(3 points) were not working thought the other 2 points which have direct connection with electric shock absorber(correct term out of my head) were working. since then no issue as of yet. Though have problem after I opened my system 3 days back trying to troubleshoot it.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

topgear, also, check if there is any physical damage or not, rascals may start saying it as physical damage and void the warranty.
And above all best of luck in RMA. I say even if the product is trash if you get a new monitor in RMA you can run for some time.

My 1100VA APC gave me probs in one and ahlf month they came and changed it. the UPS points(3 points) were not working thought the other 2 points which have direct connection with electric shock absorber(correct term out of my head) were working. since then no issue as of yet. Though have problem after I opened my system 3 days back trying to troubleshoot it.

yah. they may claim nonsense things. also just hope your monitor's screen is as it was when u send it. they handle monitors so carelessly :evil:, scratches on screen no big thing nowadays after it returns from RMA.

welcome bak krowman.

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

All the best topgear, have you asked if they have any service center in Kolkata? If they have, u can try visiting that personally ...

Yup, I've asked that but they said they are not able to give the info to me ...

Yup, let's wish for the best ...

No, there is not any physical damage .

yah. they may claim nonsense things. also just hope your monitor's screen is as it was when u send it. they handle monitors so carelessly :evil:, scratches on screen no big thing nowadays after it returns from RMA.

welcome bak krowman.

Yup, those so called tech persons are really dumbs when it comes to handling delicate things ..

BTW, Got an reply from them :

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank You for contacting ViewSonic India Technical Support.

Kindly Send us the screenshot of your product.Accordingly we will be able to help you out at our best.

We can be reached on this email address or through phone on our Toll free No 1800-11-9999 or Toll No:-011-26990006

Have a Great Day Ahead.

Thanks & Regards,
ViewSonic India Technical Support

I don't have a digicam or mobile phone equipped with camera .. so it will not be possible for me to send a screenshot of the monitor ... what should I do ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom