[Complaint] Cheated by Viewsonic - Resolved by Digit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
Re: Cheated by Viewsonic

^^
True...Who needs products from such companies which can't provide proper after sales service...

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

@ rhitwick - I don't think AOC would be a cheap nutritious food :p & they also don't has any direct service centers and I don't want to be on the mercy of those call center tech idiots

@ NoasArcAngel - Thanks for your concern about my problems .... my parents won't let me go to consumer forum ... this a time consuming process and the damage claim can only be 18% added with the product price ( if I'm not wrong ) ...

@ Sid_gamer - Yup, every tech products relies on good after sales service ... if a company can't provide it they should go to hell ...

I don't see any kind of hope to get a replacement unit from the ****heads ie viewsonic ... so I will warn every users/ persons possible not to buy any viewsonic products to save their hard earned bucks and a lot of frustration and mental humiliation .....

BTW, yesterday sent a mail to below addresses ( included all the mail between me and shitshonic and also provided the forum link ) - still did not get any reply ... waiting for reply .... :

editor@thinkdigit.com
servicewatch@thinkdigit.com

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman

I understand your frustration topgear. I felt the same when my Seagate HDD failed and I lost 400GB of valuable data. But please avoid using words like viewsh*t. I am only saying this because you have been one of the politest members around for a long time and your time on the forum has helped many people. Kindly speak in the language which I have always seen you using and avoid poor words like viewsh*t.

If I offended in any way, I am sorry. Btw, your signature looks better now, add a link to the last statement please. If it doesn't fit, then use: *is.gd

cosmos

Broken In

I think i'm doomed...I also got a viewsonic product VX1940W last year in February. Now i'm scared that if my monitor goes kaput den i might also end up running around like you :(

Cheers,
Cosmos

horizonrays

Broken In

First of all read all the terms of services and warranty ! Then Note the point against you want to file the case . Take the pictures of your monitor , get your phone call list if possible to prove that you have called them , get your bill ready .
Next you can ask for help from seller who sold that things to you , if none of them work , filed a case against them in Consumer Forum . Either you can do the case yourself or get a lawyer .
Send a notice to the company and service provider .
If in another case they take a monitor from you ask them write and given in written in how many day they will return the monitor after service if they fail to do so , you can still fill the case saying that they do not want to provide warranty and they are delaying so that warranty may be over .
Best of luck ...............
Seeeh I had such issue with lite-on in year 2007 :: they never gave a new product :: god bless that shop wala who gave a new dvd writer for half the cost ::) cheers !!
I say do not buy anything from company which do not have channels in india !!

acewin

Point Blanc

@horizonrays, sellers always try to keep away from helping in such levels. Your seller must have been real decent and OP's parents already said no for going to CF, that is why he is trying to get his issue resolved the way he has stated.

for monitors that is why I trust Samsung/LG/Dell, because the first two have good network of service centers here in India and provide good after sales, and for Dell as far as I know they manage their service promptly without giving complaints even though they do not have centers all over India. But overall most of the dealers/distributors honor warranty especially when sold recently.

@topgear, Krow is right you should not loose your cool for someone else bad work, and would suggest you edit your posts back, to present your reasons and argument properly.

@Krow, xD, you lost 400 GB data because HDD wud have got corrupted and once that happens no one can recover anything out of it, but I hope Seagate would have replaced your HDD for you.

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

@Cosmos, I still see the Viewsonic monitors in the cyber cafe beside my house working fine xD, mate worry when it gets kaput not now as you have already bought it.

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

@ Krow- you have not offended in any way and there's no reason to be sorry ... and thanks for the link you gave me :p

@ Krow & acewin -Yup, I'm frustrated ... so that I've used those poor words ..... I really don't like to use'em but I think the company ie viewsonic which cheated me like hell just deserves this ... speaking or writing bad word is bad but breaking a service agreement and cheating your customer is just worst .....

for friends a the helpful lad next door ... but for cheaters it's completely a different story :p

BTW, I will not repeat those bad words again for sure ...

BTW, here's some point against them :

1. They have not send to anyone physically inspect the defective monitor. that violates the onsite support.

2. They have made a decision by only seeing a image without even physically inspecting it.

3. They have very misleading infos in their websites as they are still showing accel frontlines as the carry in service center for their products ( LCD monitors included ).

4. They have asked for the faulty products screenshot which is ( was ) not mentioned in the warranty terms and conditions.

@ horizonrays - you were lucky enough to get a DVD RW drive at half price ... msot shopkeepers just takes their hands off from a product once it is sold ...

BTW, thanks a lot guys fort your posts ... they encourages me a lot ....

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!

wow...after reading this whole thread,i am convinced never to buy a viewsonic product...i had no idea that their service was so poor....all the best..Hope viewsonic finally fixes your screen... :)

acewin

Point Blanc

well, your service becomes poor if your product is not good, you do not entertain everyday RMA and other servicing

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Ok Here's the whole update :

On 22nd March I sent a mail to servicewatch at thinkdigit dot com and copy of the mail to the editor.

On 24th I got a call from Ahmed Shaikh - editor at large and online architect and he told me to send him all the details. He was very polite and full of patience as it took nearly 7 mins to complete the conversation.

So on 25th I sent him all the details and he replied that he will do whatever possible.

On 26th I got a mail from viewsonic along with a RMA/Complaint No.
and the first few words of the mail subject was Digit Magazine : a PR Issue – it was forwarded to them by Digit - so it's obvious that Digit guys have done their job very well and compelled viewsonic to give me a complaint number and resolve the issue as quick as possible.

On 27th I got a call from RT outsourcing West Bengal branch and they told me as the panel for my particular monitor model is not available it will take 3-4 days to repair the monitor but I told them to give me replacement unit instead - they told me that will inform their Bangalore head office about that.

On 29th I got another call from Bangalore head office - they told me they will replace the monitor with another model and it will reach to me within 2nd April.

On 1st April I got another call and they told me replacement unit will reach to me within 6th April.

So on 6th April 2010 I called up their West Bengal branch and enquired about it and they told me it was shipped from pune on Saturday and they will send it to me after receiving the unit. At 3.40 PM I got another call and they told me their representative will come to me with the replacement unit.

So their representative came at 6.30 pm and replaced the defective unit with a new one....

All these could not be possible without the help of Digit guys and specially Mr. Ahmed Shaikh ... I've no words to express my gratitude and regards to them .....

And thanks a lot to you guys .... your posts encouraged me a lot.

=========================================================

BTW, I think the thread title should change to This :

Cheated by Viewsonic - Resolved by Digit

Last edited:

Byte

Ninja Jedi
Glad we could help :)

To everyone else facing such issues -- after-sales service, especially inside the warranty period -- don't hesitate to write to us at Digit! You can reach us via mail (servicewatch AT thinkdigit DOT com), on our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/thinkdigit) or by dropping a tweet (www.twitter.com/digitindia).

We're here to help. Have a nice day everyone!

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Great.Glad your problem was solved.
Now my CRT is giving me problems as well. :(
The display keeps shifting to the bottom and half the upper screen is left blank.It needs a few slaps to get the picture to get back to normal.zzz...hate this.And m not sure whether its still ni warranty or not. :\

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
WOW!!!
Congrats topgear!

Very glad that Digit helped you resolve your issue. Hope this replacement you got pleases you. Do post its pic :-D

And, kudos to team Digit...:goodjob: :doublethumb:

Krow

Crowman
Awesome work Digit! Now I know whom to contact in case of technology related consumer grievances. The next time I hear a complaint about Rashi Peripherals, I am going to ask the complainant to contact Digit.

Congratulations topgear! :doublethumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom