Camera talk...

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
It's actually pretty cool. A godsend if you are traveling alone (or need couple pics)

Seems a little odd but the pics make up for it

Cyanide

Broken In
I need a suggestion from you guys; I've spectacles with which I'm not comfortable while clicking photographs. I've adjusted diopter accordingly. The problem is; the final result is not satisfying at all. When I use viewfinder for manual focus it looks fine but after viewing those on laptop, they are completely out focused.

Another problem is of overall clarity, sharpness. I compared the pics clicked from Canon (600D vs 1200D) and Nikon (5200) as well. Pics appear more crisp, clear in all apart from 600D which I own. I'm confused whether the camera needs some adjustment in settings or should I diagnose it at a service center?

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
I need a suggestion from you guys; I've spectacles with which I'm not comfortable while clicking photographs. I've adjusted diopter accordingly. The problem is; the final result is not satisfying at all. When I use viewfinder for manual focus it looks fine but after viewing those on laptop, they are completely out focused.

Another problem is of overall clarity, sharpness. I compared the pics clicked from Canon (600D vs 1200D) and Nikon (5200) as well. Pics appear more crisp, clear in all apart from 600D which I own. I'm confused whether the camera needs some adjustment in settings or should I diagnose it at a service center?

Here is something i wrote a few days ago that should help you some :-

*www.digit.in/forum/cameras-camcorders/118227-photography-thread-post2215677.html#post2215677

Here is a trick that might help you with manual focus. It works on my 600D, so I'm assuming that it works on your D5200 as well.

If you listen carefully there is always a small-beep when the camera locks focus when in auto mode as you half press the shutter button. If you observe through the optical viewfinder, you'll see that all the focus-points that the camera thinks are in focus will light up red momentarily along with the beep.

Now try this - put the camera in manual-focus mode (its a switch on the lens), and move around the focus-ring while half-pressing the shutter button - you'll hear the same beep and and see the same lighting up of the points (1 point or many) in focus. Thats how you can know you are really in focus when using manual mode on really tricky subjects or small subjects where your eye cant say 100% confidently if you are in focus.

To pull it off, you'll have to move the camera such that one of the focus points in the viewfinder (those little square boxes that are scattered all over the viewfinder view) to lie over the part of the subject that you want to keep in focus.

Hope that helps

The 600D is a fine camera. Do you have dust or fungus on your lenses ? Or dust in the sensor ? If not, are you comparing JPEGs (in which case the D5200 has more pixels) or RAW ?(even then the 600D wouldnt lose to the 1200D)

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
to check for fungus, remove the lens caps and detach from camera ,hold it under a tubelight and slowly adjust the focus and zoom at different angles and see if you see any particles

sujoyp

Grand Master
or you can just give the cam to one of your friend to shoot some pics and check the pics on laptop...you will know if its your diopter problem or cam has some issues like dust fungus

raja manuel

In the zone

Did you perform a manual focus test on all 3 cameras, or did you manual focus on your 600D and autofocus on the 1200D and D5200? How does your 600D perform under autofocus?

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
750D/760D got listed. And 700D gets a big price cut. Now dual lens kit for 37.5k (Note, it's not STM lens). Though the deal is awesome, the seller rating ain't that good.

sujoyp

Grand Master
where do you live?

if its a high humidity place like mumbai then keeping it inside for even a week will get fungus
if its a dry place then just get a big airtight transperent box and put cam inside...place the box in light every once a week ..cam will be safe

Hrishi

Maybe my camera already may have caught it then. I will look into the lens now , I am afraid.
I live in Delhi. My flat is quite Open and not so moist . I keep the camera in Camera bag with some silicon balls stocked in a cupboard where I keep my clothes.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Actually the cloths have high moisture ..from sweat or if they are not completely dry ...still check the lens

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
on my last shoot, my simplex 333 failed me. One of the leg collapsed and i could barely mange to save the camera. Now thinking of buying a decent tripod. Done some research and Vanguard cx203AGH has impressed me. Any other recommendations? Budget 3-3.5K max

Top Bottom