Camera talk...

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Nissin Di600 got delivered. Thanks [MENTION=128954]sujoy[/MENTION] for the help. iTTL mode works well with D3300. Will post a review later

*i.imgur.com/BbiE51z.jpg

*i.imgur.com/YyKlbM6.jpg

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
[MENTION=117627]marvelousprashant[/MENTION], does this flash also work as a slave? if so then I'm fully expecting to see some philip bloom type shots from you in the coming days.

Strobist

BTW people, do check out this amazing video on how a camera works.

[youtube]*www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmjeCchGRQo[/youtube]

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmjeCchGRQo

Last edited:
OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Photographing milky way is possible with compact camera like SX130? I have been thinking or dreaming that it's possible if the conditions are perfect. I have tried but the conditions aren't perfect. Now the summer is here, I can try it again.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
I've captured star trails with the sx120. You'll need to bump up the ISO but you should get most stars if you find a dark enough place

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I've captured star trails with the sx120. You'll need to bump up the ISO but you should get most stars if you find a dark enough place
Star trails with SX130, yes it's possible. I have tried. But photographing milky way????

I have seen milky way photographs taken with Canon S3 - it's sensor is little smaller than mine but brighter lens. So I have been thinking that if it's possible with S3, than it's sure possible with mine. But finding the perfect condition is the problem. Do I dare to go alone to the wild to avoid light pollution? Oooo... even the thought scares me :D But hoping to get this year... Will see...

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
how is the Canon Ixus SX265??
You mean IXUS 265? It's a nice looking camera, makes good image @ bright day light. The only concern is small aperture and for that reason, I am not suggesting. But one of the cheapest CMOS sensor camera.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
What do you guys think is point and shoot category slowly dyeing?
Mobile camera is one of the main reason or at least that's what being mentioned in every article. I wouldn't say dying, it's more like an evolution. Two years ago, less than 10% of the cameras were large sensor camera. But for the last two years about 18% of cameras are large sensor.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I find P&S sensor on mobiles really useful...It saves us from taking P&S ...Now days I find optical zoom on P&S a real gimmic ...sort of useless feature..it always degrades the quality
P&S with big sensors are the trend today...and its giving dslr a stiff compitition

Top Bottom