Camera talk...

sujoyp

Grand Master
choudang the ability to shoot from back screen is called live view...simple

D3100 have live view ...but i too never tried mirror lock up

sujoyp

Grand Master
he he he ok :D shooting through live view is very uncomfertable....but I liked them for manual lenses

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
This lens is so tempting, all metal body and f2.8. That's pretty slick.
Nikon AF Zoom-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED Lens | Lens | Flipkart.com

sujoyp

Grand Master
yes nikon 80-200 2.8 is also somewhere in my list .....but now that nikon have released nikon 70-200 f4 AFS VRIII I will rethink abt it in my dream list

nikon 80-200 2.8 is a AF lens and was selling for as low as 700$ thats 35k it dont have nano coating,no VR no AFS and I think no ED glass ....but its a bargain for that price

the new nikon 70-200 f4 have latest VR which can work as low as 1/10 sec and give sharp pics at 200mm @ 1/25 ss

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Another good one to expand your collection is Nikkor 10-24mm. Good for landscapes and wide angle shots. I saw some of the sample pics and it's really great if you want to get into closed space photography or taking whole area into the viewfinder.

AF-S DX NIKKOR 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED from Nikon

I guess these two lenses are now in my wishlist.

Last edited:

prabhu.wali

prabhu.wali
yes nikon 80-200 2.8 is also somewhere in my list .....but now that nikon have released nikon 70-200 f4 AFS VRIII I will rethink abt it in my dream list

nikon 80-200 2.8 is a AF lens and was selling for as low as 700$ thats 35k it dont have nano coating,no VR no AFS and I think no ED glass ....but its a bargain for that price

the new nikon 70-200 f4 have latest VR which can work as low as 1/10 sec and give sharp pics at 200mm @ 1/25 ss

i'd rather wait and buy the 70-200mm 2.8 VRII

sujoyp

Grand Master
prabhu 70-200 2.8 vr2 cost twice the f4 version....it weights twice and bigg ....i will see these when going for something like that.

i was initially planning to get 80-200 from US instead of d300 but then 80-200 is AF and i would need a better body in any case...D7000 have lots of issues like sensor oil leak and poor focussing soo people stopped me from purchasing used blindly.

prabhu.wali

prabhu.wali
prabhu 70-200 2.8 vr2 cost twice the f4 version....it weights twice and bigg ....i will see these when going for something like that.

i was initially planning to get 80-200 from US instead of d300 but then 80-200 is AF and i would need a better body in any case...D7000 have lots of issues like sensor oil leak and poor focussing soo people stopped me from purchasing used blindly.

yes but its a damn good lens or u could go for the VRI

sujoyp

Grand Master
look if u want to increase from 300mm to 400m then u need a 1.4x TC ....a nikon 1.4x TC cost 20k ....
a kenko TC may cost 12k and maybe compatible...if u r serious I will find u the exact one

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Which speed light or flash light is good for portrait. Should be able to reflect it from ceiling or project soft light.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@faun u can get any flash with moving head soo that u can flash at different angles.....for soft light just get a 200rs diffuser

Top Bottom