• CONTEST ALERT - Experience the power of DDR5 memory with Kingston Click for details

Camera talk...

sujoyp

Grand Master
choudang the ability to shoot from back screen is called live view...simple

D3100 have live view ...but i too never tried mirror lock up

sujoyp

Grand Master
he he he ok :D shooting through live view is very uncomfertable....but I liked them for manual lenses

sujoyp

Grand Master
yes nikon 80-200 2.8 is also somewhere in my list .....but now that nikon have released nikon 70-200 f4 AFS VRIII I will rethink abt it in my dream list

nikon 80-200 2.8 is a AF lens and was selling for as low as 700$ thats 35k it dont have nano coating,no VR no AFS and I think no ED glass ....but its a bargain for that price

the new nikon 70-200 f4 have latest VR which can work as low as 1/10 sec and give sharp pics at 200mm @ 1/25 ss

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Another good one to expand your collection is Nikkor 10-24mm. Good for landscapes and wide angle shots. I saw some of the sample pics and it's really great if you want to get into closed space photography or taking whole area into the viewfinder.

AF-S DX NIKKOR 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED from Nikon

I guess these two lenses are now in my wishlist.

Last edited:

prabhu.wali

prabhu.wali
yes nikon 80-200 2.8 is also somewhere in my list .....but now that nikon have released nikon 70-200 f4 AFS VRIII I will rethink abt it in my dream list

nikon 80-200 2.8 is a AF lens and was selling for as low as 700$ thats 35k it dont have nano coating,no VR no AFS and I think no ED glass ....but its a bargain for that price

the new nikon 70-200 f4 have latest VR which can work as low as 1/10 sec and give sharp pics at 200mm @ 1/25 ss

i'd rather wait and buy the 70-200mm 2.8 VRII

sujoyp

Grand Master
prabhu 70-200 2.8 vr2 cost twice the f4 version....it weights twice and bigg ....i will see these when going for something like that.

i was initially planning to get 80-200 from US instead of d300 but then 80-200 is AF and i would need a better body in any case...D7000 have lots of issues like sensor oil leak and poor focussing soo people stopped me from purchasing used blindly.

prabhu.wali

prabhu.wali
prabhu 70-200 2.8 vr2 cost twice the f4 version....it weights twice and bigg ....i will see these when going for something like that.

i was initially planning to get 80-200 from US instead of d300 but then 80-200 is AF and i would need a better body in any case...D7000 have lots of issues like sensor oil leak and poor focussing soo people stopped me from purchasing used blindly.

yes but its a damn good lens or u could go for the VRI

sujoyp

Grand Master
look if u want to increase from 300mm to 400m then u need a 1.4x TC ....a nikon 1.4x TC cost 20k ....
a kenko TC may cost 12k and maybe compatible...if u r serious I will find u the exact one

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Which speed light or flash light is good for portrait. Should be able to reflect it from ceiling or project soft light.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@faun u can get any flash with moving head soo that u can flash at different angles.....for soft light just get a 200rs diffuser

Top Bottom