Camera talk...

audiophilic

Journeyman
if u bought it 2 months back...i assume with a kit lens then it may have cost u around 30k same as current market price...u can sell it for 25k

wow 5dmkiii...how much does it cost...do u have full frame lenses for it...did u estimated total cost ;)

I think a 5d mark 3 will make me bankrupt. Will save some money and go for a pentax k5. I wish there were many pentax dealers here in india, i just have to import it to get it.

sujoyp

Grand Master
GOD 2.5 Lac.....thats too much :D :D

Congrats for your 35mm lens....btw that test shot is crappy and not sharp :x ;)
waiting for some nice shots

If u get pentax u may get some superb used deals in india for lenses coz nobody buys them :D I saw a 300mm f4 pentax lens selling for just 16k

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Depth of Field button is a cool way to get everything in focus. I wondered what its use was.

sujoyp

Grand Master
DOF button kindof preview the actual pic in the viewfinder which will be created...my DSLR dont have it but I saw a video

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
DOF button put the focus at hyper focus point or it just show the numbers??

This:
DOF button kindof preview the actual pic in the viewfinder which will be created...my DSLR dont have it but I saw a video

Nifty feature actually. Same as Hyperfocal length but you got to preview instead of manually calculating.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I guess live preview still shows the image with widest aperture. But using live preview and pressing depth of field button works good as the scene doesn't get too dark. I'll have to check it at home.

sujoyp

Grand Master
nac ur question is understandable coz u r not usin viewfinder....

tell me y do u think is easy...pushing a button without moving eye from viewfinder or checking it on back lcd by holding the cam awkwardly :D

and lcd doesnt show proper bokeh

sujoyp

Grand Master
nac I definitely belive that...but I dont have experience...u have to ask someone who have the button

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Interesting find.

I was experimenting with mirror lock up feature and it did produce clear pictures at low shutter speeds. Here is a link that kind of explores more into it:
DSLR Mirror Lock-Up – Worth the Effort or Not?

You mean, we see the DOF preview in viewfinder?

Fortunately, the live view mode on DSLR cameras has revived interest in the depth of field preview button. Live view can be awkward to DSLR shooters who are used to composing through a viewfinder, but it does have advantages in some cases. In live view mode, the SLR mirror is flipped up and a live image is shown on the LCD screen. The exposure setting of interest is then “previewed” by brightening or darkening the LCD display. When the depth of field preview button is pressed in live view mode, you will not only see the the change in focus depth, you will see it displayed with the proper brightness using simulated exposure. For landscape shooters, live view mode offers a number of advantages. If your camera is mounted in an awkward tripod position, live view enables you to view your subject without need of complex yoga poses. Secondly, the live view on the LCD can be zoomed to a 5 or 10x magnification to make sure your key elements are in focus.

Source: *www.cameratechnica.com/2011/05/01/five-dslr-features-you-should-use-but-probably-dont/

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Interesting find.
I was experimenting with mirror lock up feature and it did produce clear pictures at low shutter speeds. Here is a link that kind of explores more into it:
DSLR Mirror Lock-Up – Worth the Effort or Not?

Nice find... Thanks for the link.

If your camera is mounted in an awkward tripod position, live view enables you to view your subject without need of complex yoga poses.

:rofl:

So there is/are difference(s) between live view vs DOF preview.

choudang

Padawan
:confused: how to enable/disable mirror lock-up with D3100, where is that option. i know only mirror lock-up to clean the sensor while >73% battery availability.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^Use the live view. Another advantage of mirror lock up is the elimination of any light bleed from the viewfinder. I was using my gunnars and found yellowish hue over the pics.

But yeah, it's not one of the fastest method to take pics in continuous burst.

Top Bottom